Day 12: Croatia vs Scotland | Czech Republic vs England

Wal2Fra

I don't like this 3rd place team qualify bollocks, is that a new thing as I don't remember it in past tournaments
Portugal finished 3rd in their group in 2016 with 3 draws iirc.
It is a terrible rule and encourages negative tactics.

KC91

Think it’ll end up being England v France in the R of 16. Germany to beat Hungary tomorrow and Portugal-France to draw.

RopersReturn

Two goals in three games in a group against Scotland, Czech Republic and an old Croatia side. The excitement level in a team including Sterling, Kane, Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Bellingham, Mount etc is at a rock bottom. If we were in a country like Switzerland, Sweden or Denmark it might make sense, but this team should be much better than that.

alexthelion

I am not Scottish hahaha, but apparently english people (the majority anyway) don’t feel like they belong in Europe.
Think you'll find there's a difference between Europe and the EU.

Maybe Google it, you may learn something new.

RopersReturn

Swap the scores for Rice/Phillips and reduce Kane to a 4 or maybe 5.

Biased maybe, but Maguire for MOTM, Saka did little or nothing second half.
Pickford made an excellent save worthy of a 7. Kane should be hovering around the 5 mark. He’s clearly knackered or carrying a knock but has been insisting that he’s match fit and getting away with telling porkys.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Honestly, surprised to have won. Thought it would be a bore draw. We started brightly and, although we lost control, like against Croatia we scored and were able to sit on the lead. Not convinced but will be happy to see us keep winning unconvincingly.

RopersReturn

Informational Request:
Is that Shaw's usual body shape? He looks like the players in my over 35 league. Like a formerly fit athlete who got married, has a real job, and maybe a couple of kids. He looks like he's carrying the weight that Lukaku dropped.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
What has happened to Kane? Didn't see him touch single time inside the box. Very underwhelming tournament so for.

And grealish except that deflected assist I didn't see anything worth the hype. Decision to play saka was spot on and he is a breath of fresh air.

Arsenal will struggle to keep him if they continuously fail to qualify for cl.Bellingham should be given more chance.

Harry Maguire the best attacking outlet says it all. Him getting fit will give England another launching pad to start attack. I am surprised he is that good in ability to play the long ball. Welcome back Maguire.

Actually it's worse performance in three games from England. Worse in attack worse in defence and lowest xg difference among the three games played.

RopersReturn

All that loafish passing around at the back - Mbappe or Ronaldo will have the ball off them there, and that will be the end of the clean sheets I fear.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Think it’ll end up being England v France in the R of 16. Germany to beat Hungary tomorrow and Portugal-France to draw.
Could be. Depends how much France want to beat Portugal perhaps. If they were knockout games I would fancy France and Germany both to win.... which would mean England vs Germany in the next and Portugal probably out. Fun for the tournament so kinda hoping for it, assuming the even more fun Hungary and France both winning doesn't happen.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Southgate must have a small dick
Scotland ? Who cares
Plenty Scots here and neutrals who'd rather have them progress than your lot.

I'm netiher English nor Scottish but chose the latter for the better anthem, support and entertainment of the match.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Great goal from Modric. He had been having a mediocre game up until that point.

Scotland had their chances and i thought played much better over the three games than when i watched them a few times when they were in the Belgium-Russia qualifying group.

alexthelion

I'm netiher English nor Scottish but chose the latter for the better anthem, support and entertainment of the match.
Shame for you that they're only there for such a short time.

Don't agree with the better anthem, either.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
England has the chance to win against germany purely because their high line defense. If Harry not work out just unleash rashford sterling and saka to attack the space left by their wingbacks. Believe England.You can do it.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Kane, Sterling, Rashford, Foden, Mount, Saka Grealish, Sancho, Calvert-Lewin = 2 goals (and from the same player as well) combined against Scotland, Czech republic and Croatia is not going to win you anything if Southgate doesn't start to actually have a tactic and just putting out 7 defensive players and hoping to score one goal and keep a clean sheet. Specielly now when he knows that whichever team they end up against will have a offense that is world class.

Maybe accept that they are not good enough atm and adept.

Pickford
Walker - Maguire - Stones - Shaw
Phillips Rice Henderson
Grealish Kane Sterling

Try to keep a clean sheet, have the opportunity to cut in from both sides with both Grealish and Sterling playing closer to Kane then regular wing players do and have Walker or Shaw make runs down the wings when opportunities are given we with one CM covering up for him and 2 other stay back central.

Or go for it and play
Phillips Rice
Rashford Foden Sterling
Kane

Have both Rashford and Foden helping the defense, Sterling can't defend and Kane stays up as the target player. Rashfords and Sterlings speed on the wings with Fodens technical abilities throw the middle can hurt any defense (also Kane can always score out of nowhere).

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If kane is not fit. He shouldnt play.

Playing a not fit striker is not an excuse. It's managerial ineptness. It doesnt matter if he's kane or ronaldo. If he's not fit to the point his contribution is detrimental then he shouldnt be playing. The manager needs to do his job.

Dorris

And of course your anti- English sentiment.