Day 13: Slovakia vs Spain | Sweden vs Poland | Portugal vs France | Germany vs Hungary

Abraxas

Quite a slow paced game this France-Portugal game. Not exactly harrying each other.

bosskeano

Brilliiant finish by the hungarian striker but my god Hummels....that's just piss poor marking

kidbob

Watching France so far it seems we need to find a Kante type to unlock Pogba. So the question is is there one? Or do we actually have that in Fred (obviously not as good) and its actually about strengthening the positions around that like we are trying to do with Varane and Sancho?

I mean its pretty fecking clear that it should be about finding a way to accommodate Pogba instead of replacing him. Imagine a Pogba like this consistently and Bruno in the same team. It'd be hard to stop.

Jerzol78

Kimmich forgets that there is no Lewandowski, Muller or Goretzka at the end of his crosses.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I'm actually not sure on that mate. I think France are better but I don't think that England are incapable of going toe to toe with them. What both teams lack is an ability to control a game fully so it gives England a chance whereas Germany and Spain have the ability to literally smother the game, although both can be hit on the counter. I think England have a real chance in this tournament. They have the advantage of no travel so far too and an amazing squad.
I think firstly it’s hard for me to agree that Germany are any better at controlling a game then this France team. Spain, yeah, but they’re in a different kettle of fish altogether in terms of possession based football. Secondly, if it really became a shootout, the quality of attackers in this French team would outscore us.

And anyway I don’t think the game would be end to end anyway.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lloris just fecking punched Danilo from a set piece

Abraxas

France seem like a team happy to do enough most of the time. No wasted energy at all. There are probably gears there when they really need them in the knockouts. Very content to pass slowly, drop off - clearly not too fussed. Probably giving Portugal a bit of encouragement.

Watching Sanches carefully tonight as he looked good against Germany which surprised me.

Raredaredevil

Hungary can't hold out much longer, can they?
There is no way Hungary are seeing this through.
That's what everyone said when they lead against France, they held the best team in the world to a draw. This will be the biggest upset of the tournament. So embarrassing for Germany, can't believe I had such a significant bet on them to win the tournament. Disgraceful.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Portugal would be second on 4 points ahead of Hungary courtesy of a superior H2H.
If both France and Hungary win (which was the original scenario in question), Portugal are 4th on 3 points and worse H2H against Germany.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good job ref. They never give that but it's a blatant pen. Can't just punch a player

MU655

I don't see how Ampadu's challenge was a red, but punching someone in the head isn't one.

The latter is far more dangerous.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Unbelievable that France does not use Giroud in the starting lineup. Likewise, I have wondered why Chelsea often have him on the bench. Giroud always scores many goals and is a very underrated player as I see it.
Not that strange. Benzema is twice the player.