Day 16: Japan vs Croatia | Brazil vs South Korea (Last 16 5&6)

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
So with Weverton on, Brazil has players entire 26 men squad already. It never happened before in the history of world cups
I think Van Gaal used his whole squad of 23 players in 2014 as well, and I doubt he was the first one to do it. This is the first WC in which 26 player squads are allowed so yeah, Brazil is the first to do it in the current edition.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
4-4-2 brave but foolish. Should have been nine for yellow n blue.

RedDevil@84

Speaking on ITV, former Republic of Ireland midfielder Roy Keane said: "I've never seen so much dancing. I can't believe what I'm watching, it's like watching Strictly [Come Dancing].

"I don't like this. People say it's their culture. But I think that's really disrespecting the opposition. I don't mind the first time and that jig, but then the manager was getting involved. I'm not happy with it."

Keano has a hard-on for the whole disrespect thing.

DickDastardly

:lol:

Nothing to lose on Friday. We just need to play a smart game and maybe make changes in the middle. Brozović and Modrić are exhausted.
Not necessarily smart. More like tough.

We need to smack the yellow out of their jersey, feck them up from the start, get inside their dumb samba dancing heads and dump a load of shit in their laps.

Then we can scrape a 1-0 win or even better, knock them out on pens.

Houdini

Speaking on ITV, former Republic of Ireland midfielder Roy Keane said: "I've never seen so much dancing. I can't believe what I'm watching, it's like watching Strictly [Come Dancing].

"I don't like this. People say it's their culture. But I think that's really disrespecting the opposition. I don't mind the first time and that jig, but then the manager was getting involved. I'm not happy with it."

disrespectful or not, the amount of dancing was bizzare. Cringe. I hope it wasn't the last dance for Brasil.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Players dancing became a little bit old but whatever, they scored, they can celebrate as they please. But having the coach do it is pushing it.
Imagine Tuchel being the opposite coach having to shake his hand after :lol:

Houdini

We need to smack the yellow out of their jersey, feck them up from the start, get inside their dumb samba dancing heads and dump a load of shit in their laps.

I kind of rooting for Brazil in the next match but they do not have strong mentality. They are unstoppable when winning but if you can keep 0:0 for a long period of time + add some shithousery the likes of Neymar can loose their nerves.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Brazil look excellent. No chance they don't make the final from this side of the draw. Them, England or France to win it.

Charles Miller

I kind of rooting for Brazil in the next match but they do not have strong mentality. They are unstoppable when winning but if you can keep 0:0 for a long period of time + add some shithousery the likes of Neymar can loose their nerves.
Its easier to have "strong mentaity" when you dont carry the weight of be forced to win. Brazilians won close to 25% of the World Cups and played 33% of the finals. So players are aware that nobody would be happy with anything other than the title.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Its easier to have "strong mentaity" when you dont carry the weight of be forced to win. Brazilians won close to 25% of the World Cups and played 33% of the finals. So players are aware that nobody would be happy with anything other than the title.
How did you calculate this %?

mariko48

Football have became boring since the start of Pep era. Let the Brazilians have some fun ffs.

RedDevil@84

Brazil look excellent. No chance they don't make the final from this side of the draw.
I think performance against Korea cannot be taken as the norm for Brazil. It still has to face Croatia and then potentially Argentina. Would be pretty challenging to make it to the finals.

Real Name

Or that. :D

If it comes to ET they're toast.

Real Name

Games have to be played. Good luck.
Thanks mate. Such a shame Uruguay didnt make it, they would have given Brazil a lot harder match. You should have scored a couple of more and you were denied a clear pen at the end too.

Kopral Jono

Thanks mate. Such a shame Uruguay didnt make it, they would have given Brazil a lot harder match. You should have scored a couple of more and you were denied a clear pen at the end too.
I said this before and I'll say it again: Sosa's fitness will be key to Friday. If he plays Croatia are in with a chance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would love it if Morocco can upset the odds and get through here. Even if it fecks with my pre tournament predictions :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What that guy Chedira wanted in those two chances? To go with the ball straight into the goal?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Thankfully football is saved and we never have to watch a LVG team again