Day 2: Wales vs Switzerland | Denmark vs Finland | Belgium vs Russia

Godfather

Fair enough if the players are really fine with it. If that was UEFA pressuring them it's a fecking scandal though

Roario

This decision to play is a very good sign for his condition. If they weren't confident he'd be fine, they would never start this match today.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Christ, Dutch Covidiot Willem Engel tweeted something along the lines of, see vaccins are killing people.

I don't wish serious harm on people easily...

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Players are probably so happy Erikson is ok they want to get out there.

A celebration if you will.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The teams wanted to

I think people need to remember this, we don't get to tell the players how they should feel or what to do. Personally I would've cancelled but I'm not a part of either team and if they feel up to it and want to then they should.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I actually take my last post back. Even if the players wanted it, I don´t think this should be decided by the players at all. I have a hard time believing they are in the right state of mind to even make this call.

mav_9me

I wouldn't have been able to play if I was his teammate.

I am sat here thousands of miles away and have a tear in my eye.

Can't imagine being in their shoes

Deery

Dreary
That’s a shocking decision to play the match after what just happened.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Most definatley, or even cut to commercial, anything but zooming in on him!

Surely not? That is disgusting and a total disrespect towards the man and his family! I was watching with my 7 year old and turned off the minute I realised he wasn't moving, so glad I did, that could be something really traumatic for young minds! I hope their is an inquest into this!

Even if that was the case, like you say switching to anything, even going down for a few minutes to get commercials or the studio ready! Someone really slipped up it!

From a quick read through the thread it sounds very worrisome! Even the 5 seconds I seen I can't get out my head, you surely can't carry the tournament on now?
The BBC are apparently getting slaughtered on social media for how they've handled the whole thing. They can't control the images, but they can control what they show and they've been absolutely appalling with what they decided to show, which was literally everything.
Yeah the eyes, that’s unforgivable. At the very beginning it wasn’t clear what happened so I understand the indecision on what to show, but deliberately zooming in on a lifeless body, lifeless eyes…whoever did that was sick, IMO. Showing the wife was almost as bad given how much time had passed and how clear the situation was at that point, that woman will have that moment of trauma recorded for the rest of her life because some dickhead thought it was newsworthy.

It’s difficult to know what to do in those situations when it’s so sudden, I get that, but some individuals made some really terrible decisions there.
It reminded me of the film Nightcrawler - taking in every grisly detail and making sure any potential scoop isn't missed. What they've done is inexcusable - it was apparent almost immediately that something was very wrong and should not be for public consumption.

PoTMS

Match resumes 7:30 British time. Guess the other match will follow this one although I’ve not seen confirmation of that?
No, the Belgium Russia game is going ahead at 8pm as planned.

IRN-BRUno

Never seen anything like that before, such a relief to see that he appears to be okay.

JonDahl

The players literally said they wish to play - how is that a "disgrace"?

90 + 5min

Beautifle news about his recovery. Let us hope it continiue this way whitout any problems.

I do feel that game should have been called of and played another day.

I actually take my last post back. Even if the players wanted it, I don´t think this should be decided by the players at all. I have a hard time believing they are in the right state of mind to even make this call.
it’s like a player who has concussion and wants to play on…

do they all want to play - no chance.

I imagine the pressure from UEFA officials was immense.

RedDevilRoshi

I presume, well hope the players have made this decision and not the authorities to play this game

Parma Dewol

So pleased Cristian is awake and with us. Wife was in tears and had to leave the room, I joined her shortly after. Really upsetting scenes.

Well done to the medics and to all the players, fans and staff involved.

Credit to the Danish players for wanting to continue to the game. That decision must have taken a lot of courage. Going to be such an emotional second half, really hoping they can pull through it.

So many emotions right now but the overriding feeling is one of relief.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
All things considered, finishing the game is a fantastic end to the night. could have been much worse and I'm sure a lot of people like me are delighted how things have progressed.

PoTMS

That's Denmark secured as my second team now. Come on lads, do it for Christian.

Sorry to hear that mate, all this must have been incredibly confronting for you.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

One big positive, and something that we always try to keep in the front of our mind as a family, was that after Alim's death his younger brother Abel was diagnosed with the same condition. Without Alim, it would likely never have been found. He would never have sought out testing. The cardiologist who treated him said he would have been a walking timebomb. So in a way it was Alim looking out for his little brother one last time.

shaky

What's the worst that happens? they play a bad game of football?

prateik

I dont understand the calls for it to be postponed.. nor do I get the surprise if it were to be postponed.

The break was necessary.. he is fine. if the players are fine with finishing it off today, ok.
If they dont feel they can, it would have been rescheduled .. I'm sure they can squeeze a game in some time.

I'm really glad Eriksen is fine.. that's all that really matters. The game was going to be finished at some point.. today or in a few days.. I'm sure both teams (esp Denmark) have been consulted here.