Day 23: Uruguay vs France and Brazil vs Belgium

Ainu

I hope it’ll be more of a 4-4-1-1 with Chadli on the right to cover and Hazard to win the matchup against Fagner, with Fellaini leaning close to Lukaku.
I seriously doubt we'll suddenly switch to a four man defence, Martinez has rarely used it throughout the qualifiers. And we all know Hazard really doesn't like to play out wide with defensive duties. What's clear is that the key to this match is on the wings, where both teams are most vulnerable.

Stormsurfer21

I seriously doubt we'll suddenly switch to a four man defence, Martinez has rarely used it throughout the qualifiers. And we all know Hazard really doesn't like to play out wide with defensive duties. What's clear is that the key to this match is on the wings, where both teams are most vulnerable.
Exactly. Think we'll just stick to our system with Fellaini and Chadli coming in for Mertens and Carrasco. Alderweireld will need to cover the space in the back of Meunier or else we're fecked, I'm afraid.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Yeah, absolutely agree. Though the only reason I'd be against it is that it puts undue pressure on the ref as people would seem to be looking into any "mistake" to use the Nationality excuse.
I get that.

But very few Argentines are even blaming France for their exit. It's Sampoali they hate. And the Argentine FA.

Most of the referees at this world cup have been good. So I hope the trend continues.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I get that.

But very few Argentines are even blaming France for their exit. It's Sampoali they hate. And the Argentine FA.

Most of the referees at this world cup have been good. So I hope the trend continues.
I agree, but I'd say they've been borderline too lenient during this WC, IMO.

tony54

Why even bother to support the club and post crap like this? Must really make your blood boil to see Fellaini have a good game.
I cant understand the disrespect for fellaini, he's not that bad a player and always give his best for the team, it goes well beyond decency standards. It's about time the disrespectors grew a pair and give the man some tolerance. FFS.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
France to win with ease and hopefully Belgium win tonight.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
True .

But that is probably a FIFA directive.

And Kudos to their use of VAR. They have actually made that work.
Yeah, it seems to be and I agree with VAR. The benefits and decisions have been great, albeit a bit less than perfect still. But there aren't too many perfect systems out there. Still been greatly beneficial.

tony54

Pogba starts for France, I wonder if he will last the match. I hope he has a good game to show what he can really do.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
One moment of brilliance from one of Pog, Griez or Mbappe can do wonders against absolutely everyone on this tournament but then again, if Suarez will have one of his days - it's gonna be interesting game.

El Zoido

That France lineup is scary. They’ll win this tournament even playing at 75%.

Ekeke

Mbappe the world cup's most exciting attacker Vs. arguably the best CB partnership in the world, Godin & Gimenez

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Mbappe the world cup's most exciting attacker Vs. arguably the best CB partnership in the world, Godin & Gimenez
Agreed. If he embarrasses Godin, who is ostensibly the world's best defender...at the WC, he will have truly arrived at the next level.

Kapardin

Could cancel each other out. Both France and Uruguay are defensively sound, this could go to extra time or even penalties.

RedDevil@84

Pogba is the key today. He can create those unexpected chances. Hope Greizmann is up for it

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Guy with the jar jar binks hair for Uruguay looks like a fourteen year old.

RedPamie

Come on France! Pogba to get the recognition he deserves. And hope it will end in 90mins.

Kapardin

Shame Cavani couldn't play. With him, Uruguay are almost level with France in terms of chances to progress. Now France have the edge.