Day 25: France vs. Belgium SF

GeorgieBoy

Not really much point in these two playing when we know it's coming home regardless.

But if they must play, I'll go 3-2 Belgium.

simplyared

Hope Belgium go through mainly because I rate Martinez as a top coach and if they go all the way he'll be hot property for the big clubs. He deserves that recognition imv. Problem is France have the little man Griezman who is capable of winning games. Think France could nick it in the end. Whatever, feel like a kid waiting for Christmas Eve. Doesn't get much better than this!

onemanarmy

This is just because the teams on this side had a day less rest before after group stages. For example group winner Belgium had a day less rest then England after group stage. It's the other way around now. Guesse it's so everybody can see both games :)
Also: $$$$

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Just hope it's a good game.

Not sure who i want to win.
I am still undecided as well and am just hoping for an epic clash.

The two Final matchups I like are

Belgium vs Croatia (to give us a new WC winner)
or
France vs. England (just for the sheer drama of the French vs. English in Russia)

So whoever wins today is going to determine who I want to win tomorrow.

Meunier is suspended.
Good spot. My mistake. Shame though as I was liking Meunier's play this tournament

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hope Belgium go through mainly because I rate Martinez as a top coach and if they go all the way he'll be hot property for the big clubs. He deserves that recognition imv. Problem is France have the little man Griezman who is capable of winning games. Think France could nick it in the end. Whatever, feel like a kid waiting for Christmas Eve. Doesn't get much better than this!
It's funny to read the reactions to Martinez's appointment. I suppose the tune will change now, regardless of the outcome of tonight's game (unless Belgium gets absolutely hammered).

No profanity

Not really much point in these two playing when we know it's coming home regardless.

But if they must play, I'll go 3-2 Belgium.
Agreed. They may as well just call this one the 3rd place play off game and save everyone the trouble for Saturday.

Sanche7

Hope Belgium wins. Started the tournament supporting France but after the stunt Griezmann pulled with La Decision, I kind of lost interest.
But with Belgium, I noticed how many of my friends who used to think of Lukaku as just a target man, started to see him as a WC striker. I want Belgium to win it, with Lukaku scoring the winning goal

Sanche7

Imagine the attack Chelsea could have had.
Lukaku, KDB, Hazard, Salah, Mbappe :eek:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Lets do it this way:

Giroud is inferior to Lukaku
Mbappé is inferior to Hazard
Lloris is inferior to Courtois
Varane is superior to all Belgian CBs
Umtiti is currently equal or inferior to all belgian CBs
Hernandez is inferior or equal to Vertonghen
Kanté is superior to Dembélé
Pogba is superior to Fellaini
Chadli has a WB is equal to both french FBs.

Surely you agree with that?

Edit: I forgot, De Bruyne is superior to Griezmann.
Chadli or Carrasco<<any French in the 23 really
You're underestimating Mbappé, Griezmann, and the French defense in general
Matuidi>playing a third CB imo
France bench>Belgium bench

Basically it's very close but the Meunier suspension gives a slight edge to France.

diarm

I didn't realise Meunier was out until just now. That's a big loss and with this match being so closely matched, it really could tip the balance in Frances favour.

Think i'll be shouting for Belgium though - I'd love to see Lukaku bang in another 2 or 3 goals to lift it!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Chadli or Carrasco<<any French in the 23 really
You're underestimating Mbappé, Griezmann, and the French defense in general
Matuidi>playing a third CB imo
France bench>Belgium bench

Basically it's very close but the Meunier suspension gives a slight edge to France.
It's definitely close, I personally give the edge to Belgium though. Also there is a lot of ABFs.

Minimalist

Really no idea about this one but I fancy France to win the lot so I'll go France 3-2.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
For me it comes down to this: who would you fancy to bury their chance, Lukaku or Griezmann?

France 2-0 Belgium.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Belgium looked rather shaky whenever Brazil bombed forward. Think France will win.

MoskvaRed

I fancy Belgium to edge it, and I expect quite a few goals. Martinez seems to have stumbled on the right set up at last.

klsv

Flushed down some waffles with Leffe Blonde so come on Fellaini!

Bezuldur

I haven't been as stressed as I am in years, I felt sick all day long and it was very hard to focus at work.
Come on Belgium ! Make us proud !

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Is that Dembele at RWB, or De Bruyne? Either way, that's gonna feck 'em up.

Inter Yer Nan

I really can't wait for this. Two teams I wanted to see go far and have enjoyed. Belgium has been the most enjoyable team for me. I think it will be a great game and one to elevate the tournament even further.

I'm torn. I'd want Belgium to win because I do like them more, they've never been in the final and Lukaku but with France I will win $120 in a bracket at my job, they have Pogba too and that will make the haters tears taste delicious seeing him in a final and I do like a lot of their players too like Griezmann.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm trying to do the usual bullshit reverse psychology on me by (attempting at least) convincing myself that the WC has been great so far and losing won't matter. It will fecking suck

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It seems like it would almost make sense that the possibly most exciting matchup in this WC will end up being the worst game. Wonder which one of the two is going to sit back. France to me has the upper hand if Belgium opens themselves up to the counter. Who will impose their will on the other team. Can't wait to see it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm trying to do the usual bullshit reverse psychology on me by (attempting at least) convincing myself that the WC has been great so far and losing won't matter. It will fecking suck
Same here, would be devastating, and so close after the CL final as well. That said: que le meilleur peut gagner ;)

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
This game is just too hard to call for me. Just hope to see a tense and tight game unlike the quarter-finals matches of these two which was only going one way for them.