Day 25: France vs. Belgium SF

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's really weird.

His lack of substitutions in that second half against Brasil almost cost Belgium the game. He looks the midfield battle and was constantly on the back foot in the 2nd half.

He's got 3 CMs in Witsel, Fellaini, Dembele. Hazard on 1 wing, Lukaku on the other. Is KDB playing false 9?

Switched to a back 4?

Just screams overthinking.
On paper, it looks very odd, I'll be interested to see how it comes together on the pitch. Lineups can sometimes be deceiving so I will wait until we get a decent idea of how Martinez wants them to setup before I start to judge. I agree it's a massive risk to start experimenting in a game of this magnitude, like I said it's a case of either he gets heralded as a genius, or slammed for taking huge risks when so much is on the line.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Have a feeling this will be a comfortable win for France.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Pretty much the pre-final for me. I'd like Belgium to win, but i think France is playing more mature than them and thats why France will win.
Belgium has impressed me with their mental strength. They came back from 2-0 down against what I think was the best teamwork side in the tournament in Japan then they defeated a talent stacked Brazil with most of the crowd for Brazil in a tense match.

For me, they have shown a great deal of maturity I didn't expect

Fer

Martinez is being weird here. Imagine choosing a World Cup Semi-Final to start meddling with Football Manager-style joke tactics! I know Muenier’s absence is hampering Belgium a little, but Martinez has gone full-scale van Gaal here.
He played Lukaku almost as a RW versus Brazil, and it worked. Let's see if Dembele is a good choice for this game.

Aboutreika18

Think it'll be a back four with Chadli at RB, which shouldn't be too threatening defensively as he'll be up against Matuidi and Lucas.

But if Deschamps switches Mbappe onto the left wing, Belgium could be in trouble.

RedCurry

Can't wait to see Lukaku in action these days. Hope the big guy has a good game today.

Minimalist

Have they been doing a KO count-down for all the games? It's the first time I've noticed it tonight. :lol:

fellaini's barber

Vertonghen is the perfect combination of footballing and defensive ability. Not even a natural left back at all but coping well

GeorgieBoy

Premier League representing here. Over half of the starting 22 play in England.