Day 3: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia | Denmark vs Tunisia | Mexico vs Poland | France vs Australia

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Giroud got better as he aged IMO. Seems more reliable than at Arsenal.

tjb

That Theo Hernandez change for L Hernandez was such a bless for France.

They look so much better with Theo than with his brother.
Yes, I think Deschamps actually missed a trick early. Mbappe likes to get very central and he really doesn't support the left flank. So a wingback was always needed, not a more defensive left back like Lucas Hernandez. This is supported by Pavard ( he looks pretty good technically) being very defensive on the right and Dembele being able to take up all the running on the right. The good thing is Coman is pretty similar too and Kounde can do a similar job to Pavard on the right.

Pintu

France’s PL-free forward line is still scary despite missing Nkunku and Benzema…

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Mbappe is too good, also seems to love the WC stage.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Has Danny Murphy found the beer? He's blabbering and slurring everywhere.

Deery

Dreary
Guys in the other thread saying they don’t want Mbappe must be cringing..

Telsim

The Aussies provoked the beast and now they shall pay the price. I can see this getting a lot worse for them before the end.

fck

Supports
Bayern
Mbappe is ridiculously good but we all knew that already.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Yes, I think Deschamps actually missed a trick early. Mbappe likes to get very central and he really doesn't support the left flank. So a wingback was always needed, not a more defensive left back like Lucas Hernandez. This is supported by Pavard ( he looks pretty good technically) being very defensive on the right and Dembele being able to take up all the running on the right. The good thing is Coman is pretty similar too and Kounde can do a similar job to Pavard on the right.
I think Lucas is very good, but he wasn't having a good game here when going forward.

Theo added so much offensively since he came in, it will be hard for Lucas to win his spot back, even though it seems like he will miss the rest of the tournament due to the injury anyways.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
If Giroud is catching you from behind, you are slower than slow

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Great team player. But didn't think Arsenal's style suited him, after all didn't he go months without scoring. There was one CL game where he cost them the tie. :lol:
it is the tactic in Arsenal didn't work well with a targetman, and Giroud is a great great target man.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is. Chelsea are biting themselves for ending up without a viable CF at this moment.
Especially since they had this better version of Giroud. In fact he improved with them if I'm not mistaken.

@duffer Am I imagining Giroud's improvement being around the time he was at Chelsea?