Day 3: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia | Denmark vs Tunisia | Mexico vs Poland | France vs Australia

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Commentator: Mbappe works?! Just insane at this point.

These commentators are on constant sales speak. The constant fecking PR is annoying. We are watching it, you don't have to sell to us ffs.

King Kendrick

He’s like one of the best players in the world, you take him no matter what.
I would take him without a doubt, but to dismiss the reservations about his non-performative antics is a bit disingenuous. As a club we've had drama after drama every season, and Mbappe, as the highest paid player in the world and while being part-time DOF and essentially having every whim catered to, is still complaining and wanting to leave. Throw in the fact the media love blasting us every chance they get, I could see why people would have issues about signing him for that reason, but only that reason.

RoyH1

Apparently one of the most two footed players of the 21st century Dembele “needs to use his right more”. Murphy is a clown.
English pundits are absolutely useless. Why television companies continue to use thick footballers instead of experienced journalists or managers/scouts is beyond me

Deery

Dreary
I would take him without a doubt, but to dismiss the reservations about his non-performative antics is a bit disingenuous. As a club we've had drama after drama every season, and Mbappe, as the highest paid player in the world and while being part-time DOF and essentially having every whim catered to, is still complaining and wanting to leave. Throw in the fact the media love blasting us every chance they get, I could see why people would have issues about signing him for that reason, but only that reason.
Stupid people

tjb

Did he say that after the assist for the 4th ?
It's funny for me. That's France's most dangerous player yet the commentators seem to try and do their best to make it look like Mbappe is completely dominating the show. For me, Griezmann and Dembele are the most impactful players in the team yet I can see them not being credited from this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
English pundits are absolutely useless. Why television companies continue to use thick footballers instead of experienced journalists or managers/scouts is beyond me
They still think having been a former player gives you a special intelligence to decipher football.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's funny for me. That's France's most dangerous player yet the commentators seem to try and do their best to make it look like Mbappe is completely dominating the show. For me, Griezmann and Dembele are the most impactful players in the team yet I can see them not being credited from this.
It's because people just want a confirmation of their beliefs instead of watching what's unfolding.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Because they weren't playing him.
If I remember correctly Arsenal didn't have great wingers at the time, so we didn't play to his strength, and arsenal didn't have a Hazard, CR7, or Mbappe to play off a target man either.

RedDevilMachine

Because pundits know f*ck all. Mbappe is basically football next generation's poster boy and his name sells and generate clicks and views.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Especially since they had this better version of Giroud. In fact he improved with them if I'm not mistaken.

@duffer Am I imagining Giroud's improvement being around the time he was at Chelsea?
I don't know to be honest. He is really good in the right system. In the wrong system he looks like a competition winner playing with pros.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Loving the stoppage time added at this World Cup. I hope it carries over to the PL.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hey if Deschamps and Southgate both decide to just play attacking football and throw the struggle ball style out the window, then I have no problem enjoying watching them....

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Jonathan Pearce randomly and for no reason naming half the teams in Scotland in the first half seemed to cause Australia to play like one of them

RedDevilQuebecois

Jonathan Pearce randomly and for no reason naming half the teams in Scotland in the first half seemed to cause Australia to play like one of them
That guy is arguably the most boring and most pointless guy to be given high-profile commentary jobs ever.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
May as well go even further and ask why Arsenal got rid of him
He didn't fit the tactics at the time. He did miss some sitters at the wrong time and they were brining in Auba and Lacazette who were thought to be better fits.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
May as well go even further and ask why Arsenal got rid of him
Because he wasn't great for us, and that's being generous. We wasted Ozil's prime years with Giroud up front :(

We win the league in 15/16 if we had a better striker than him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know to be honest. He is really good in the right system. In the wrong system he looks like a competition winner playing with pros.
I thought that he was good for you, I never really understood why he was warming the bench in the league while he was doing well in cups.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Good to end the day of with a good scoring game. Other games have been boring with 2 0-0s. Think this France game was one of the most complete performances of the tournament so far.