Day 3: England vs Croatia | Austria vs North Macedonia | Netherlands vs Ukraine

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Pretty terrible game. One moment of quality from Kalvin Phillips won it for us.

RedDevilRoshi

Croatia look like a team full of pensioners

Think England will win the whole thing.......... ABSOLUTELY NO FECKING CHANCE!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah Croatia deserved nothing there. Not very impressive from England, but maybe a confidence booster.

Walker, Sterling and no left back are really no brainers to change, but who knows if they will. Foden I'm not sure if he'll keep his spot as he did pretty much nothing IMO. Surely Grealish, Shaw, Reece James and maybe Sancho will start the next one?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hoped you would have slipped up today. Feels like we have to win tomorrow now to have similar momentum going into the crunch match on Friday.

bsCallout

What industry is football part of? Entertainment. If something fails to entertain, is it fulfilling its role? No.
:lol: Come on Rodney. You're talking about it being hard to support the national team because they are not entertaining? It is sport, it is competition. It's about winning.

Like the commentary just said, this is the first time we've won the opening game of the Euros. The win is all that matters. Especially in this stinking hot weather.

ZupZup

Hard pressed to tell the difference between Rashford and Martial at the moment the way both of them saunter around the pitch.
Rashford’s lack of pressing when he came on was because England weren’t pressing... it was a tactical decision to get men behind the ball.

You either collectively press or there’s no point. Rashford charging around on his own would have been utterly pointless.

Judas

Open to offers
Yes, but England are hard to support. Too much arrogance, too much negativity, too little passion. Other teams put England to shame constantly, tournament after tournament.

Smaller national teams throw their all in, despite not having the best players. Can you say England did so today? No, we sat back and played the game as slow as possible.
How are you English and so robotic and cold about the nation you're from? Boring way to be, more boring than watching England that's for sure.

djembatheking

Good for first 5 to 10 mins , should qualify now with 3 teams from group, rest players next game.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I still don't really get it. Granted I'm not English but I'll always support my national team no matter how shit they are.
They are not shit at all. Lots of talent in there and good manager. And of course most English support their national team. Some people just love being negative. There is nothing inherently wrong with this team.

tomaldinho1

Made that harder than it needed to be - Croatia really don’t have anything offensively but the win is all that matters.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We won but nothing to get too excited about. Lucky for us all group games at Wembley, hadn't clocked that before.

This is England team has quality but midfield and parts of the defence are a big concern.

Dudu

What a borefest. Man that was a dire game, but 3 points for England.

Frankly, Croatia don't look fussed at all for losing this.. they seem more than happy to finish 2nd and avoid Group F.

Name Changed

weso26
BBC's analysts gushing about England's performance at half time was sickening. I want England to do well but when you hear people go on like that.

siw2007

Well done England on the result! Didn’t think it was the most stellar of performances but we were solid and ultimately good enough on the day. The team was set up quite defensive which meant that we were rather uninspired for long periods but the game plan worked just about, but I do hope to see more attacking displays further in the tournament.

Deery

Dreary
Good start to the tournament for England need to improve though if they’re to do anything.

Zen86

It's the first game. A load of players got a run out. It'll be job done if it's ends 1-0. There's plenty of time to grow into the tournament.
It’s job done, but it was a bizarre selection, lots of tinkering, and the performance was flat. Doesn’t fill me with confidence for when we come up against a stronger team.

El Zoido

Man Utd bias speaking, but England would do better by utilising the Shaw/Rashford linkup down the left side.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Why so touchy? You've been picking fights with anyone vaguely critical of how boring and shit England have been.
To be fair, Croatia is a very strong team so whether England won by "being boring" or in any other way - still win is a win and great result.

Solid result but how are people impressed by this England performance?
It's the first game of the competition and they won over one of the best teams. I don't get how you can be so critical of England players.

MU655

I still don't really get it. Granted I'm not English but I'll always support my national team no matter how shit they are.
I don't care about the players not even being good (hence, what I said about the smaller teams). What I can't stand is when a team with better players do not even try to be entertaining. They got away with the absolute bare minimum today.