Day 4: Morocco vs Croatia | Germany vs Japan | Spain vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Canada

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Are others noticing that players are kind of not synchronising with each other? Perhaps national teams didn't get enough practice before the world cup.
I feel like most nations are in transition periods. You have teams like Croatia/Argentina which seem to be giving national heroes like Messi/Modric etc. their last hurrah and others like Germany and Spain who are in their next cycle (Though admittedly we haven't seen them yet).

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Are others noticing that players are kind of not synchronising with each other? Perhaps national teams didn't get enough practice before the world cup.
Usually players have one month preparations before Euro/Wc. Now they had 7 bloody days. With one or zero preparation games

antk

I have beef with the player names and numbers being so low on the back of the Croatian shirt

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
That lineman missed the ball going out in front of him in the first half and now flagged an inexistant offside

ekestubbe

Didn't Croatia have a really good striker who was born in Brazil and played for Arsenal? The one who broke his leg once. Is he injured or just too old now?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Didn't Croatia have a really good striker who was born in Brazil and played for Arsenal? The one who broke his leg once. Is he injured or just too old now?
Eduardo is like 40 now

Chief123

Only 6 shots so far in total.

The lowest ever in a World Cup match was 11 and that was the opener on Sunday!

Still time to get 6 more shots in.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Hernandez out. Mazraoui maybe out. We won't have any players left to field after the world cup at this rate.

Chief123

Mate he’s done and dusted. Might as well call up Davor Suker.

Chief123

Poor Bayern having to rely on a back four of Pavard, De Ligt, Upamecano and Davies
Need to wear black armbands in memory of all the injured players.

On a serious note, the tournaments only just started and so many injuries pre tournament and now. It really is going to screw a lot of teams on the resumption.

I’m nervous about what pool of players we’re going to have left come the restart!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hartson nearly had a heart attack and orgasm at the same time, feck me. :lol:

antk

Morocco moves the ball too fast and Croatia too slow.

Opposite problems.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
You just know Morocco are going to feck up every counter attack with ridiculously poor decision making