Day 4: Morocco vs Croatia | Germany vs Japan | Spain vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Canada

Mike Smalling

I wasn't paying attention properly, but I think they just said on RDS that he's breaking some record by starting the match at age 39. Oldest outfield player to start a WC match maybe?
Pretty sure he played for FC Copenhagen, when we met them in the CL in the 2006/07 season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Belgiumm are horrendous at the back, so much space here for us. Just need to take our chances. Also... we are going all out in risk as the amount of space Belgium have when they break is scary

Dazzmondo

It’s not but Canada also aren’t pure rubbish. They’ve got good athletic players with plenty of energy and pace. Those attributes would give most teams problems. Having a quality striker is a big plus too as the team can stay organised and know they have a guy who’ll take his chances more often than not.
I'm a big fan of Jonathan David and Alphonso Davies but I don't really know anything about the rest of their squad tbh. (I know Eustachio from Porto also). On paper it looks pretty bad. Their pace is definitely causing Belgium's old defence a lot of problems.

slored1

Canada look great. So many interesting players in that team, will watch them more closely going forward.

PoTMS

They would've snatched your hand off for a point at the start but Canada should be disappointed if they don't win this one.

Chief123

This Belgium lineup has vibes of a national team trying to squeeze the very last bit of juice out of their golden generation. Half of these players are in one major tournament too many.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This has been the best half of the tournament so far. fecking great match.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
nah, it's still that keeper from Egypt. 45 years, played vs Arabia in Russia WC.

edit: you meant outfield, sorry :o
I was looking it up now. Looks like he's just the oldest player in this tournament actually.