Day 4: Scotland vs Czech Republic | Poland vs Slovakia | Spain vs Sweden

RedDevilRoshi

They aren’t. Poor finishing but hardly boring
Nah they are.

Everything is just so slow and pedestrian. Far too conservative and safe. Trying to continuously walk the ball in. Pass after pass after pass. They remind me so much of what we were like under LVG.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Jeez

Not sure how anyone found that boring though, it was essentially non stop attack versus defence. Morata is terrible.
Aside from a couple of brief moments, Spain played the game at a snails pace though.

Man-United

Can see us going for Isak next year. Ole seem to like Scandinavian players as we see with Lindelof

CoopersDream

Point won and all that. But that was ridiculous from us, with just under 15% possession I don't know if I ever have seen a game where one team has shown as little intent keeping the ball.

::sonny::

Olsen 10
Lustig 7.5
Lindelof 6.5
Danielson 6.5
Augustinsson 6.5
Forsberg 5
Ekdal 5
Olsson 6
Larsson 6.5
Berg 5
Isak 7

Unai Simon -
M.Llorente 6
Laporte 6
P.Torres 4.5
Alba 4.5
Koke 4.5
Rodri 4.5
Pedri 5
F.Torres 4
Morata 3.5
Olmo 5
——
Thiago 4
Sarabia 5.5
Moreno 6
Oyarzabal 5.5

tomaldinho1

Aside from a couple of brief moments, Spain played the game at a snails pace though.
Definitely not Spain's fault if you found that boring! I enjoyed it, not a classic but definitely not the worst game so far. Not up there with Holland game though.

redshaw

Moreno did quite a lot in the game after coming on. I expect him to start next game, think he would've got a goal if started.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Spain were awful. Lots of triangles in areas it wasn’t hurting anyone. Sweden could easily have won this with their two massive chances. Only positive for Spain was that they had two golden chances in the first half. One the result of a mistake though.

Dan_F

fecking hell. 85%. Van Gaal would be delighted with that performance.

Wilt

BBC pundits …...yeah just a matter of time ‘till Spain score

Tits

Nick7

Yeah, it was slow and ponderous until the subs were made.

Also attack vs defence is fairly boring most of the time.

Paul_Scholes18

We deserved the point and could have won if Berg or Isak scores. Think we need to play a bit more optmistic in big games though to go far.
Although in the heat we might not have the energy.

Spain feels like the same old Spain after they dominated. Endless possesion, but without the world class stars in Silva, Iniesta and Xavi to play the killer pass.

TrustInOle

Best Sweeden could have hoped for really and possibly created the best chances of the game. Isak looked unplayable at times and was a bit weird bringing him off instead of Berg who never really offered much. Pau Torres didn't have the most commanding of games at the back when put under pressure, will have to watch more of him. But overall, I think if Spain had a Fernando Torres or Villa upfront, they would be alot more dangerous in front of goal, considering the chances they did create, Morata always has the prospect of firing hot or cold unfortunately.

Congrats to the Swedish Caftards! :D

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Decent 1st part... but it is impossible to score with Morata in the pitch, he is abysmal.
2nd part extremely slow until the last 15 minutes... changes and some rush in order to get the 3 points.
But there is a total lack of goal... we had 4-5 clear chances and all missed... as expected. We were lucky Sweden had their own Morata too.

I honestly find funny people who says that "Spain is boring" (it can be some times, especially from 45-75 minutes, they were just walking), but 4-5 clear changes, 17 shots... more than most of the teams on this Euro... and against a bus.

And then Sweden... a horrible display, they were trying to lose time since literally minute one, the game has been stopped like 8-10 times in the 2nd part with swedish players moaning on the ground... then, of course, 11 players in 25 meters... extremely negative in terms of football and in terms of fair play. 6 minutes is just a joke when they have been 10-12 minutes lying in the ground, plus the substitutions.

Reactions: Cheimoon

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Definitely not Spain's fault if you found that boring! I enjoyed it, not a classic but definitely not the worst game so far. Not up there with Holland game though.
To be fair, I haven't watched all the games so far. It's been the most boring out of the ones I've watched. No urgency or intensity to their game.

KC91

Such negative play from Sweden.

Spain should have left Morata on, yeah he missed a really good chance, but his movement was great throughout, and I think eventually it would have paid off.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, it was slow and ponderous until the subs were made.

Also attack vs defence is fairly boring most of the time.
Yeah, Sweden parked the bus but I don't think they were that solid defensively. Spain were just that dull.

RedDevilRoshi

Perhaps he meant Ole keeps playing Lindelof when half the fanbase don’t fancy it
Fair do’s. Then again, the other options he has to partner Maguire in Tuanzebe & Bailly don’t exactly fill me with complete confidence.

Nick7

Yeah, Sweden parked the bus but I don't think they were that solid defensively. Spain were just that dull.
Sweden weren’t, no. You could see that near the end when Spain started getting the overlap on the left working and Sarabia introduced something else when pulling off the right.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Spain 2021 eerily similar to Italy 2018… low morale, snails pace, no creativity. Sweden 2021 is a bit better than Sweden 2018, though, with a small number of promising youngsters adding pace to their immobile old guard.

fen4e

I wouldn't write Spain off yet, maybe they could switch to different formations throughout the event. There's certainly good young players in their squad.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
86% possession for Spain. Sweden were essentially glorified spectators.

podurban2

Best Sweeden could have hoped for really and possibly created the best chances of the game. Isak looked unplayable at times and was a bit weird bringing him off instead of Berg who never really offered much. Pau Torres didn't have the most commanding of games at the back when put under pressure, will have to watch more of him. But overall, I think if Spain had a Fernando Torres or Villa upfront, they would be alot more dangerous in front of goal, considering the chances they did create, Morata always has the prospect of firing hot or cold unfortunately.

Congrats to the Swedish Caftards! :D
Thanks. Although we look absolutely horrendous and I have lost all hope of enjoying our games. Even if we make it out of the group stages we would be a waste of space. Nah, I’ll look forward to watching good teams play, not this snoozfest.

Lever

Was about to pee my pants after about 25 mins, but grew increasingly confident that we would salvage something from this. Might be small time to celebrate a 0-0 like this, but I'll celebrate every failure of this Luis Enrique football, regardless of who it's against.

Olsen MOTM (despite his laughable distribution). Not sure about the logic of the Isak sub, but hoping his time to shine is yet to come.

Okocha119

Can see us going for Isak next year. Ole seem to like Scandinavian players as we see with Lindelof
Don't think that Isak would be a good fit for the PL with the Bundesliga allegedly being too physically demanding for him. He also said that it was always his dream to play in Spain.

Spain 2021 eerily similar to Italy 2018… low morale, snails pace, no creativity. Sweden 2021 is a bit better than Sweden 2018, though, with a small number of promising youngsters adding pace to their immobile old guard.
Italy didn't even qualify in 2018 though. Or do you mean Spain 2018?

SATA

Just googled on Danielson and he plays in the Chinese league for Dalian, great performance bar one mistake which Morata missed

edcunited1878

Spain missed their chances and got punished by dropping points. They had more than enough chances, even if majority of them were from intermediate crosses after getting good numbers in the box. They need to be more vertical and be a bit faster in possession. For Sweden, they got what they wanted and lucked out. Need a lot more to get 3 points in their next couple of matches, but it's all about getting points any way you can in these group stages.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Olsen 10
Lustig 7.5
Lindelof 6.5
Danielson 6.5
Augustinsson 6.5
Forsberg 5
Ekdal 5
Olsson 6
Larsson 6.5
Berg 5
Isak 7

Unai Simon -
M.Llorente 6
Laporte 6
P.Torres 4.5
Alba 4.5
Koke 4.5
Rodri 4.5
Pedri 5
F.Torres 4
Morata 3.5
Olmo 5
——
Thiago 4
Sarabia 5.5
Moreno 6
Oyarzabal 5.5
That must be some of the worst ratings ive ever seen. Lustig 7.5, second best player on the pitch

Sweden got away with murder tonight.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Italy didn't even qualify in 2018 though. Or do you mean Spain 2018?
It was the WC playoff, Ventura’s Italy lost 1-0 in Sweden and drew 0-0 at home (a carbon copy of this match).

Spain really needs to have a proper look at themselves and get a different coach asap: Luis Enrique is damaged goods, unfortunately, clearly not his fault.