Group F
Ref: cnut Çakır (Turkey)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Match 12
Tuesday 15 June, 21.00 CET @ Allianz Arena, Munich
Group F
Ref: Carlos del Cerro Grande (Spain)​

Raredaredevil

Isn't that the infamous referee who screwed up our match against Real Madrid when he sent off Nani? I think Die Mannschaft will actually do well this tournament and make a deep run despite not many giving them any chance. They are playing all their group matches at home as well. Portugal should beat Hungary and I'm going for a 2-2 draw with Les Bleus and Die Mannschaft.

Irwin99

France vs Germany :drool: Not hearing much noise about the Germans this time. France, England and Belgium seem to be people's choices.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Finally a cracking game, Germany vs France. God I hope zhe Germans win.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
France v Germany to cap off the first round of games is nice, expect France to turn them over but should be a class one to watch

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
My #1 and 2 favourites by far are France and Portugal, and I haven't seen anything from the remaining teams to change my mind on any of them apart from Italy who look excellent and would be my #3. France with their in-fighting though, Germany have more than enough talent to take advantage and punish that and cause an "upset". Portugal needs to get off to a strong start and even though they are a very good side, anything can happen in big games so if they feck up vs Hungary, then it could well be curtains early doors even if they're my choice to win the Euro's.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Apparently the Budapest games will be full capacity? That will be great to see.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Are Pepsi sponsoring him , I can imagine a few angry faces in Atlanta :lol:
To be fair. The very act of him moving the Coke is pretty much free advertising to them. It's going to get shared and shown everywhere. I think they're probably pleased he did it :lol:

The Firestarter

To be fair. The very act of him moving the Coke is pretty much free advertising to them. It's going to get shared and shown everywhere. I think they're probably pleased he did it :lol:
Is it though ? This is one of the world's most recognised brands. It looks more like drink water, not coke. Which I fully endorse by the way.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
My #1 and 2 favourites by far are France and Portugal, and I haven't seen anything from the remaining teams to change my mind on any of them apart from Italy who look excellent and would be my #3. France with their in-fighting though, Germany have more than enough talent to take advantage and punish that and cause an "upset". Portugal needs to get off to a strong start and even though they are a very good side, anything can happen in big games so if they feck up vs Hungary, then it could well be curtains early doors even if they're my choice to win the Euro's.
I don't think there is any in fighting within the team, the press would love it though. But I have a gut feeling that France will disappoint.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Is it though ? This is one of the world's most recognised brands. It looks more like drink water, not coke. Which I fully endorse by the way.
"There is no such thing as bad publicity" or something along those lines.

People will look at it subconsciously and be like I want a Coke..

SATA

What’s with the infighting about? The handbags between Mbappe and Giroud in the media after the Bulgaria game?

bosnian_red

I don't think there is any in fighting within the team, the press would love it though. But I have a gut feeling that France will disappoint.
Mbappe Giroud stuff overblown? Only read a bit of it, not sure if it's just a minor thing.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mbappe Giroud stuff overblown? Only read a bit of it, not sure if it's just a minor thing.
Overblown is an understatement particularly when Giroud didn't even mention Mbappé. I'm paraphrasing but a journalist asked Giroud why he was invisible before his first goal, Giroud in his usual salty tone answered that there was no difference in his performance after the goal and that he just didn't receive the ball before it. From that comment the press started a Mbappé versus Giroud conflict.

bosnian_red

Very hard to win back to back tournaments (world cup and euros, or even back to back euros for Portugal). The top 2 squads so one of those will happen imo, but I pretty much never bet on a defending champ.

bosnian_red

Overblown is an understatement particularly when Giroud didn't even mention Mbappé. I'm paraphrasing but a journalist asked Giroud why he was invisible before his first goal, Giroud in his usual salty tone answered that there was no difference in his performance after the goal and that he just didn't receive the ball before it. From that comment the press started a Mbappé versus Giroud conflict.
Ah fair

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So from an England POV are we hoping France just sweep this group & we take Portugal or Germany in the knockouts? It’s kind of stupid you’re punished for winning the group & rewarded for finishing 2nd.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So from an England POV are we hoping France just sweep this group & we take Portugal or Germany in the knockouts? It’s kind of stupid you’re punished for winning the group & rewarded for finishing 2nd.
I want to beat the Germans so badly.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Knowing our so-so performances in the group stages of the competition, I can see a draw with Germany and growing in strength over Hungary and Portugal.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
67 thousand crazy hungarians in the stadium after a year of no fans... I can already hear the booing.

No Cancelo and we usually have trouble breaking down teams too, I honestly think we’re more likely than not dropping points tomorrow especially since we always start tournaments with a poor result.

The last time we won our opening game at a tournament was in 2008

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You are Dutch aren't you? Surprised you will be rooting for your biggest rival.
The anomisity has died down a bit over the last 2 decades. Sure they're still rivals, but no longer hated rivals. I just really dislike the French team and the crap football they manage to play with the most stacked squad in history.

Siorac

Yeah, our government has apparently decided that football makes you immune to Covid or something. Admittedly, only people with vaccine certificates (or negative PCR test in the case of foreign fans) can get into the stadium - but you get those after a single vaccination. I've had two so I'm not unduly worried about myself but it's still a bit weird.

Also, the procedure to get in is... unusual. You have to get to one of three checkpoints, preferably on the day before the day of the game, where you can pick up a wristband if you produce your ID and your vaccine certificate. They don't need the match ticket at this point, you have to show that and the wristband at the stadium itself.

I'm not really convinced that this will make getting into the stadium any faster - besides, we have those 'entry time slots' on the ticket for a reason.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Finally a cracking game, Germany vs France. God I hope zhe Germans win.
Not going to happen. It really looks ike we're playing the same Kroos/Gündogan combo, that got overrun so gloriously by Spain. It'll be a thrashing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In the opening game? Doubt it. Probably be quite cagey, but a France lowkey win.

RedDevilRoshi

Apologies if this has been confirmed elsewhere but is Dalot in the squad as a temporary replacement for Cancelo until Cancelo’s quarantine is over or has he permanently replaced him?