Day 5: Switzerland vs Cameroon | Uruguay vs South Korea | Portugal vs Ghana | Brazil vs Serbia

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Match 13
Thursday 24 November, 10.00 GMT @ Al Janoub Stadium
Group G

Match 14
Thursday 24 November, 13.00 GMT @ Education City Stadium
Group H

Match 15
Thursday 24 November, 16.00 GMT @ Stadium 974
Group H

Match 16
Thursday 24 November, 19.00 GMT @ Lusail Stadium
Group G​

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Looking forward to Brazil vs Serbia and Portugal vs Ghana.

CallyRed

Looking forward to Switzerland v Cameroon and South Korea v Uruguay

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
World cup truly starts tomorrow with Brazil playing.

Fenomeno9

I expect us to be unimpressive in our first game as usual. I can’t remember the last time Brazil played a good first game.

Gasolin

Excited for Cameroon, and really hoping South Korea makes a win against Uruguay on that one!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
How I think we will line up. Araújo and de Arrascaeta apparently miles from being fit to play.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The first 2 games tomorrow have a 0-0 written all over it. Maybe 1-0s

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think all the games are intriguing

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I expect us to be unimpressive in our first game as usual. I can’t remember the last time Brazil played a good first game.
No kidding. You probably have to go back to 1970 for a truly dominant performance.

Pintu

How are Ghana, can they give Ronaldo and his cnuts a game?
I don't think so... They have a few decent players but IMO, they are (alongside Tunisia) the weakest of the African contingent. I think Nigeria, Côte d'Ivoire & Algeria would have been better teams to send to this WC.

BorisManUtd

Brazil beat us comfortably last time in Russia 4 years ago and you'd expect that to be the case again but with all these upsets that Saudi Arabia and Japan caused, who knows. There's certainly nothing to lose, well except that losing heavily would be damaging for goal difference that could be important factor later on. Hopefully Mitrović will be ready.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Some top anthems tomorrow. Uruguayan one is my favourite of the tournament with the classical Tom and Jerry style intro and then catchy lyrics. Portugal is my favourite from european teams when it's sung with gusto infront of a home crowd.

Just checked and I'm on a train coming back from London when they meet next Monday so will miss the best sing off of the tournament.

Todd

Thanksgiving here in the USA which means the holiday meal at the in-laws is beginning right when Brazil kick off.

I floated the idea of me not attending because of the match...the wife didn't seem to find any humor in that.

RedDevilRoshi

Is there any chance Serbia have of causing an upset against Brazil or is that a pipe’s dream?

JuriM

Is there any chance Serbia have of causing an upset against Brazil or is that a pipe’s dream?
Serbia has insane stacked team and is many's favorite to be the dark horse of the tournament, but Brazil is also insane.

Gasolin

Absolutely solid through the middle. Bentancur has been coming into his own at Spurs and Valverde is a personal favourite.
Yeah that team looks strong. I am curious to see how Korea will line up. I think the forward line is actually pretty strong with Son and the 2 Hwang who could be surprising, especially the main striker. And Kim Min Jae in defense is a big hope.

But I simply have no idea who plays in their middle and for the rest of the team so that's the unknown, not sure if they can play with the intensity and the technical level to bother Uruguay.

Hanks

Not match related but found this cool

They were also the best fans in Russia. Anyone who was there can testify to that.

Japan is just amazing. Loved my time there. I mean, they have some societal issues (mostly about work-life balance and sex-life), but the people and the culture are just to be admired. I'm sure Tsubaba Ozara and Kashiro Hyuga are proud of today's performance and result !

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
They were also the best fans in Russia. Anyone who was there can testify to that.

Japan is just amazing. Loved my time there. I mean, they have some societal issues (mostly about work-life balance and sex-life), but the people and the culture are just to be admired. I'm sure Tsubaba Ozara and Kashiro Hyuga are proud of today's performance and result !
Felt like I was on a different planet when I visited. Barely any public trash cans yet you rarely see litter. Not sure about the work-life balance but their collective libido is low.

NoPace

First day where the games on paper get better and better as the day wears on.

NoPace

Absolutely solid through the middle. Bentancur has been coming into his own at Spurs and Valverde is a personal favourite.
Watching the Moroccan #8s shut down Croatia made me think that Uruguay have the perfect #8s to beat Spain if they end up on in a QF or SF against each other.

nygaard

Watch out for a South Korea upset against Uruguay

The speed mismatch Son vs Coates will be visible

Threesus

The ‘innocent until proven guilty’ derby should be a good one.

Also, are Uruguay going to be lining up with 3 strikers up front?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Watch out for a South Korea upset against Uruguay

The speed mismatch Son vs Coates will be visible
It will be a mismatch whoever we play. No idea why we selected so many slow, past it or injured (Araújo) CBs.

The upside is we have to go for it.

avgp_1

Don't see it tbh. Serbia are too slow at the back, Brazil can pick them apart if they are at it. Can see them causing Brazil a few headaches through their crosses though.