Day 5: Switzerland vs Cameroon | Uruguay vs South Korea | Portugal vs Ghana | Brazil vs Serbia

paulscholes18

How are you guys watching these games? Arent you working/at university? I think i watched 2 games so far. Would like more, but am locked away in the office
Surly that's the ideal situation to watch football, open a tab watch football. Or watch it on your phone.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Is Son more of an idol for SK than J S Park once was?
It's not even comparable, Son is so much popular than Park ever was, he's on par with kpop stars, you can't avoid seeing him if you turn on the TV as he's on so many commercials.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I'm enjoying the battles over the pitch despite the scoreline. Totally forgot Paulo Bento was the Korea coach, playing better football here than he did with Portugal in 2014.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's not even comparable, Son is so much popular than Park ever was, he's on par with kpop stars, you can't avoid seeing him if you turn on the TV as he's on so many commercials.
Wonder how much commercial value he brings for Spurs then.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'm enjoying the battles over the pitch despite the scoreline. Totally forgot Paulo Bento was the Korea coach, playing better football here than he did with Portugal in 2014.
Same. Much better than Switzerland VS Cameroon

captaincantona

How is our boy Pellistri doing?
Not in the game but not his fault. Nothing wrong with his positioning, tracking back and the touches he has had…it’s just that Nunez is playing from the other side and Uraguay seem intent on finding him..which leaves Pellistri a bit underused.

Gasolin

My parents are Korean and my heart is pounding when watching this game but I think this was the best half I’ve seen South Korea in a World Cup in term of positional play and offensive passes. The fact they can take their time is a refreshing thing as opposed to being rushed before.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Wonder how much commercial value he brings for Spurs then.
I'm pretty sure he's brought as much if not more to Spurs outside the field than he has on the field. Spurs have a tons of fans in SK, when they go on summer tour there the stadiums are packed with koreans wearing spurs jerseys.

Gasolin

Not in the game but not his fault. Nothing wrong with his positioning, tracking back and the touches he has had…it’s just that Nunez is playing from the other side and Uraguay seem intent on finding him..which leaves Pellistri a bit underused.
It looks like he’s used for his speed to counter press and counter attack but more for pressing. Very similar to the Nah guy on the right for Korea who has a similar role today.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
You guys are joking about the Kim's :D but there is a surprisingly low amount of Kim's in that team, there has never been a more diverse south korean team in terms of surnames.

Telsim

South American teams with absolutely dire peformances thus far. Remains to be seen what Brazil do about it.

facchiano

Fantastic game by South Korea. Upping and slowing down the tempo as they see fit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can definitely see South Korea beating Uruguay or Portugal. They look good, just lacking cutting edge a bit. Interested to see how Ghana will be

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
I don't know much about Uruguay's coach but they have no gameplan. They might as well play 5 defenders and 5 forwards, it's all long balls to their forwards hoping their talent will do the difference. It might work though because they are very talented.

AndyMUFC

There's absolutely no way Cavani doesn't offer more than Suarez at this stage in his career.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Suarez has that 'running through mud' look about him.

Might still nick a goal if it's put on a plate for him, but he looks 99% finished.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
A lot of the teams that you'd think would do well look shite tactically and still relying on old farts to get them through in comparison to teams like Japan, Canada, Korea etc. who are well drilled and tactically set up.