Day 5: Switzerland vs Cameroon | Uruguay vs South Korea | Portugal vs Ghana | Brazil vs Serbia

PoTMS

This is the same Serbia that won their UEFA qualifying group. Really poor cowardly performance.

Sylar

Can Brazil go far without Neymar ? He is so fragile, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he might be out for a while
Hes an X factor but they do look good without him, but hard to say as that obviously was when winning so created more space
Neymars run helped open up the chance for the first goal

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can Brazil go far without Neymar ? He is so fragile, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he might be out for a while
Honestly? they have the depth to cover him.

While Neymar has that clutch moments in him, the rest of them are excellent too. Can always put Fred in for more industry and go 4-3-3 if required too

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I know you lot love him and Imma catch flack for this but Antony doesn’t look anything special. Not in the games I’ve seen him play for United. And here he looks a level below the other forwards as well.

:nervous:

avgp_1

They seem to always be named among the favourites, but this is the first world cup in years where I cannot name a single weakspot in their team.
Yeah off the ball this time they are as good as anyone. A potential QF against Spain will be their big test, they usually falter around there

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We're much less reliant on him now than we were in previous cycles though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I know you lot love him and Imma catch flack for this but Antony doesn’t look anything special. Not in the games I’ve seen him play for United. And here he looks a level below the other forwards as well.

He played 10 minutes and made some nice passes. Chill

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Money and I don't blame them
True.

Also people forget Brazil himself is using money now to overdominate Copa Libertadores, they have started buying the best players from other southamerican countries(adjusted by availability), including argentinians and uruguayans.

They have always invented way more money in Football than the rest of south american countries, by a lot.

Dazzmondo

I think that's the big difference vs 4 years ago, they have the depth now to deal without Neymar if necessary. Their attacking depth is incredible. Obviously still strongest with him in the side.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Are the Serbian shirts water cooled or something

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
This is the same Serbia that won their UEFA qualifying group. Really poor cowardly performance.
Usual story with these bunch (and a symptom of how easy are European qualifications).

Remember when they went to the world cup with the best defense in the world (only one goal conceded in like 2 years or something like that) and Argentina abused them 6-0?

RedDevilRoshi

Night and day compared to the 1st half. Brazil just ooze class. Favourites for a reason. Of course there are aspects of their game that they can improve upon but once they click into gear and are in full flow, there is no nation in this World Cup that can stop them imo.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

I can see what you mean but he's still young enough and pretty much we all know he wasn't worth more than £60bn, we are just run by idiots.

I think he's a Richarlison level player which is still pretty good.

Rajma

I must admit he lacks a bit of explosiveness for my liking but hopefully he can develop it here.

Ramos

Having seen all teams now: Spain and Brazil the most impressive.

TheReligion

Abusive

He’s 22 and played a few minutes in his World Cup debut?

Get with it