Day 6: Finland vs Russia | Turkey vs Wales | Italy vs Switzerland

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
It's almost done for Wales now.. Their GD (+2) is much better than Switzerland (-3) so they need to lose 3-0 to Italy and Switzerland beat 3-0 Turkey now to not qualify I guess.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The OTT passion, chest bumps and slapping is a bit cringe tbh, I look forward to them getting taken down a peg.

mancan92

Yes I do think England would never leave midfield so open while our attackers are better than Switzerland’s.
It’d be a cagey game
I don't really think it has much to do with it. Italy pass the ball far better and have extremely high stamina I don't see England having the ability to keep up.

They have better players than these two teams but their still not moving the ball anywhere near this level

Irwin99

Who could Italy get in the first knockout phase? Someone said potentially Belgium on here :nervous:

Nick7

It's almost done for Wales now.. Their GD (+2) is much better than Switzerland (-3) so they need to lose 3-0 to Italy and Switzerland beat 3-0 Turkey now to not qualify I guess.
They would probably still go through as one of the 4 best 3rd placed teams.
The OTT passion, chest bumps and slapping is a bit cringe tbh, I look forward to them getting taken down a peg.
Weird post.

Delano

Backed Italy at Hills pre tournament.

Got plenty of top goalscorer/Italy winners doubles as well...

FORZA AZZURRI!! *Reaches for Italy 98' top in the wardrobe.

led_scholes

And they would be third with 4 pts. I think it is safe to say that they are through.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don't really think it has much to do with it. Italy pass the ball far better and have extremely high stamina I don't see England having the ability to keep up.

They have better players than these two teams but their still not moving the ball anywhere near this level
Well I’d like to see us up against Italy. You just never know

RedDevilRoshi

Another dominant win for Italy. They look really good and definitely very entertaining to watch.

Switzerland just need to beat Turkey and that should possibly see them through unless there are a number of other teams that finish 3rd with 4 points but with a better GD.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Italy looking hungry and good rhythm on that team. I fancy their chances although they clearly have inferior attack to France and England.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Oh for sure England could very well win. I think I'm just disappointed that with all the talent England have we'll probably never see them with a manager who can get them to play this level of football
Southgate is far too dogmatic given the talent I agree. Potter as an example would have us playing a far better game

KC91

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Italy get a poor result against Wales, Mancini should rotate a lot. Then again, when you are playing like this you might want to leave things as they are and just go out there and steamroll Wales and head into the knockouts with a lot of momentum.

Their work rate is phenomenal
Yeah...I just love how much it seems to mean to all their players.

As you say, their effort levels are off the charts and I really love the intensity they play with. The way the celebrate things like defensive blocks or good passes must just fire everyone up. Jorginho played a pretty nice line-breaking pass - wasn't anything special, didn't lead to chance - but right after the ball went out of play, Locatelli was in his face, hyping him up for it.

Annoyingly, Chelsea got into that habit too after Tuchel came. Similar work-rate and intensity.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah...I just love how much it seems to mean to all their players.

As you say, their effort levels are off the charts and I really love the intensity they play with. The way the celebrate things like defensive blocks or good passes must just fire everyone up. Jorginho played a pretty nice line-breaking pass - wasn't anything special, didn't lead to chance - but right after the ball went out of play, Locatelli was in his face, hyping him up for it.

Annoyingly, Chelsea got into that habit too after Tuchel came. Similar work-rate and intensity.
Yeah, they really do seem in the mood.

They look more like a club side, to be honest.

Irwin99

Didn't realize that England have to face one of the three 'group of death' teams in the first round of the knockouts (presuming they win group D). That's tough going.

Italy shouldn't mess around with Wales. Far better to win the group.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
That was like watching Leeds against a poor championship team. Relentlessly embarrassing virtual statues, fluffing God knows how many opportunities and still winning comfortably. They'll probably get beat 6 - 2 against France.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If the draw breaks our way(austria/ukraine R16, belgium QF) we make the Semifinals

Where i believe we should play France? Yeah, france will make us look like germany yesterday