Day 6: Finland vs Russia | Turkey vs Wales | Italy vs Switzerland

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
If the draw breaks our way(austria/ukraine R16, belgium QF) we make the Semifinals

Where i believe we should play France? Yeah, france will make us look like germany yesterday
No I don't think Italy play like Germany played against france. Germany players didn't work like Italians. They have slowest midfield and france just pick them apart when they had the ball. It won't happen against Italy. They can't outnumbered Italy the way they play.

May be in transition some times but their midfield won't get time to pick perfect pass against Italians. I think Mancini will approach the match against france with confidence. They have team full of hardworkers yet technically sound players and always maintaining shape as 5 players to defend their half at any part of the game.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Really depressing performance, especially in terms of defensive and midfield organisation from Russia earlier. Zobnin-Ozdoev central duo just shamefully bad, somehow even worse than they were against Belgium, barely able to complete a single pass between the lines and constantly out of position in every phase of the game. In the first half there was a 20-30 minute period where every single Finland attack was a last second tackle/block away from being successful.

Team is as bad as 2016 one was and quite possible it will take a beating against Denmark, even with Eriksen situation.

Cherchesov has to leave now, all he really had going for him was his motivational abilities, organising the basics and getting the team to press well, but even that has disappeared over the last year.

Chicharo

No I don't think Italy play like Germany played against france. Germany players didn't work like Italians. They have slowest midfield and france just pick them apart when they had the ball. It won't happen against Italy. They can't outnumbered Italy the way they play.

May be in transition some times but their midfield won't get time to pick perfect pass against Italians. I think Mancini will approach the match against france with confidence. They have team full of hardworkers yet technically sound players and always maintaining shape as 5 players to defend their half at any part of the game.
Yeah, they have great defense (after all they haven't conceded a goal for 900 minutes), but this isn't catenaccio. They have great and fast midfielders, (especially if Veratti is ready) and their transition and counter-attacking is superb.
As for the draw, yes Group A winner faces Group C runner up, while Group A runner up faces Group B runner up, so Wales also have a nice opportunity in the round of 16

Craig Ward

What a performance from Wales. Completely dominated Turkey throughout. Easy 2-0 win and could have been more with lots of missed chances.