Day 6: Wales vs Iran | Qatar vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Ecuador | England vs USA

Dazzmondo

Iran much better today. Already seen enough to convince me that they are better than people were suggesting after the English loss.

Sylar

Yeah clear offside. Such a shame the last player didn't need to go ahead like that

Big let off for Wales

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He knew he was off :lol: was just waiting for the linesman to put it up but he never did

Lyng

Iran much better today. Already seen enough to convince me that they are better than people were suggesting after the English loss.
They looked completely spaced out against England. They seem much more up for it today.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
really poor quality game so far, so many misplaced passes by both sides.

Sylar

I think People downplayed England's win cos it's England. The high press and control of the ball for the most part from England was so good. Helped they had control of the middle with Jude too.

PoTMS

VAR is worth it for goals like that alone. How can you get a decision like that wrong? It was so clearly offside.

Lecland07

I think People downplayed England's win cos it's England. The high press and control of the ball for the most part from England was so good. Helped they had control of the middle with Jude too.
It is looking increasingly likely - Germany and Argentina losing on top of how this game is going seems to make the argument that England were just great against Iran.

Pronewbie

Peep
I think it’s also got to do with how poor England have been this year. Wales are definitely shite though.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It is looking increasingly likely - Germany and Argentina losing on top of how this game is going seems to make the argument that England were just great against Iran.
I wouldn't be using us (Wales) as a barometer of how good Iran 'actually' are. We've made Belarus and Estonia look like world beaters in the very recent past.

Dazzmondo

They looked completely spaced out against England. They seem much more up for it today.
USA and Wales probably will too. Don't think people realise how much better the likes of England, France and Brasil are than most other teams in the World Cup. Very difficult to play against players of that quality and not look bad.

Lyng

USA and Wales probably will too. Don't think people realise how much better the likes of England, France and Brasil are than most other teams in the World Cup. Very difficult to play against players of that quality and not look bad.
Wales play terrible today as well. USA will be interesting. For me the biggest issue for USA is that most of them wont be as match fit as Englands squad and the fact that the USA manager seems downright bad tactically.

Not trying to downplay England though, they are clearly among the favourites.

Sylar

Surprised that wasn't a foul given for Wales

I think it’s also got to do with how poor England have been this year. Wales are definitely shite though.
Sure but it's also possible to be poor previously but still have a great performance to break that.

the_cliff

Not sure who's fallen off more Bale or Ronaldo.

Haven't seen Bale play for a while but damn he's nowhere near the player he was before.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Haven't seen Bale play for a while but damn he's nowhere near the player he was before.
Yeah, Bale is pretty much current Ronaldo except that he can take free kicks as well as pens.

Spark

I feel like they downplayed the win because everyone assumes Iran is like the Faroe Islands. The ITV commentators were going in on how shit Iran are (in comparison to Ghana being 60th in the world) yesterday somehow forgetting that Iran drew with both Portugal and Spain last time.

They are a decent, if a bit rash, team that are probably as good if not better than Wales on their day. They just have a revolution going on simultaneously, which is incredibly distracting.

England played fantastically on Monday, if they maintain that they’ll batter USA. Big if though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Bale i feel more sorry for as he has far more pressure on him at Wales to be that guy. When he retires I'd be surprised if Wales reach another tournament.