Day 6: Wales vs Iran | Qatar vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Ecuador | England vs USA

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ah that's harsh. He is in the line of the keeper but was completely inconsequential on the play

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Davids wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night
He has an eye problem so wears them all the time.

Glaucoma

A perfect example of this is a Dutch footballer called Edgar Davids who suffered from Glaucoma in his right eye and underwent a surgery in 1999 while playing for Juventus.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Most Irish soccer fans support Premier League clubs. I kinda support St Pats and have a soft spot for Sligo Rovers since I went to school in Sligo but I never attend games. The poor standard of the league makes it very difficult to watch these games for me, especially when I don't feel a really strong connection. My club is Man Utd and I've supported them since I was young, I don't feel any sort of similar passion for either of these Irish clubs. Any Irish fans who support rugby clubs support Irish clubs, such as Leinster or Connacht.
Oh yeah I'm not calling anyone out for who they support or anything, I've been living in Ireland since I'm 6 and it feels like rugby has exploded. I do wonder though if there was like a super club in Dublin or the midlands if it would have a big effect. Sorry I'm gona way off topic now.

PoTMS

Definitely offside. You can't just stand in front of the keeper.

Bobski

Is this the worst WC talent wise in a long time? Feels like apart from a few teams, most are full of average or ageing players. Dutch being a prime example.

Yes, doesn't mean it can't be an exciting tournament but can't remember a tournament when so many teams were trying to squeeze the last drops out of their big names. Also don't think it is a coincidence that Brazil, France and England, teams with a stronger group of young players have been much more vibrant.

Not just that, looking at the Dutch, they don't have a single world class attacking player in the squad, as much as some may want to hype Gapko to that level, never seen a Dutch team lacking top end talent to this level at a major tournament.

prateik

The player was offside but the keeper had already dived the wrong way.. correct call I suppose.. but on a technicality..The player didnt hamper the keepers decision

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Hmmm I'm not sure about that. On the one hand he's definitely in the keepers line of sight - but I don't think that actually impacts what the keeper decides to do, but as thats only an assumption and not a fact, I guess it has to be ruled out?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Shame for Ecuador. Deserved to be level. Netherlands been terrible after the goal

Hulme91

He's standing directly in front of the Dutch keeper, it isn't a hard decision to make nor is it controversial
Clear offside

Lyricist

I understand it, but it is harsh and how can you definitely say wether he was a hindrance or not. It's also purely theoretical anyway as the goalkeeper would've never got to it due to the deflection.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Interesting one. He 100% stopped the keeper from seeing the ball. But the keeper was 100% not saving the ball regardless. Offside by the letter - but not the spirit - of the law.
Yep well said, you cant change the rules though just because you think the keeper ain't saving it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its one of those harsh but letter of the law decisions

the_cliff

Ecuador have been by far the better side. Netherlands are not inspiring, Gakpo has not impressed me at all.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Watching it again I suppose it's the right call, but I'm having trouble accepting it. And Im happy it happened.

Stadjer

Quite a few people think we can win the World Cup…. I dont know why everyone is so positive. Our team really isnt that good.