Day 7: Tunisia vs Australia | Poland vs Saudi Arabia | France vs Denmark | Argentina vs Mexico

PoTMS

Hannibal could've got sent off for that. Silly thing to do.

Swordsman

I assumed they were part of Oceania Football Confederation but strangely they qualify through AFC!

Cos they want easier qualification to world cup (no more playoff match against other continent) but they will never call/regard themselves as asian.

I wonder Did Aussie pay shit ton of money to AFC ?

PoTMS

Cos they want easier qualification to world cup (no more playoff match against other continent) but they will never call/regard themselves as asian.

Oceania now get one full spot next WC onwards. Australia may as well go back. Australia's loss is NZ's gain.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao

We wanted a more competitive qualification, Oceania was just Australia beating a lot of very bad nations then facing a South American team over 2 games.

Now we have to earn it, he'll this world cup my nation really earnt it's place

Wilt

Aussies playing very dirty ….ref needs to get a grip

Pintu

Did that replay show the referee tripping a Tunisian player, leading to the Aussie goal?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Who has the biggest slabhead Maguire or Souttar? Intrigued by that.

PoTMS

FFS. Let these plays carry on and then rule them out via VAR if it's a foul.

Glorio

Commentary: "Although it's a wonderful block, he's got to score"
What? The ball was blocked just it left his feet

Darkhorsez

Asia is doing pretty good in this tournament.
Better than most people thought after Qatar and Iran opening games. Typical cafe knee jerk reaction even questioning expansion format coming up. Not saying that is necessarily a good thing though.

PoTMS

Matt Judge is preparing a £80m bid for Harry Souttar.

Bole Top

Tunisia is pretty shit. even against Australia it's hard to see them scoring, although I expected them to win this before the game.

from my memory, it seems all these teams from the north (Africa) always play terrible football. whether it's Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria or Morocco, it's pretty much always the same.

RedDevilRoshi

Tunisia haven’t turned up which is a shame as they looked pretty decent against Denmark.

RedDevilMachine

No one in Asia is actually happy that they took one AFC spot, I am not sure why AFC even allow them to join.

antk

Tunisia is pretty shit. even against Australia it's hard to see them scoring, although I expected them to win this before the game.

from my memory, it seems all these teams from the north (Africa) always play terrible football. whether it's Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria or Morocco, it's pretty much always the same.
Algeria has had some fantastic games at the WC over the years

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
No one in Asia is actually happy that they took one AFC spot, I am not sure why AFC even allow them to join.
Australia being made part of AFC was a promise made in return for a vote by one of the former FIFA presidents, possibly Blatter, when he was seeking re-election. Money may have also been a factor, yeah.

CloneMC16

This game has been horrible. Both teams give the ball away constantly.

Sylar

Half time and most games have opened up second half. Tunisia need to try at least we know this

Glorio

There has to be some accountability for refs after games. Some really weird calls don't even get a mention

Wilt

Tunisia looking the better team they’re all over the Aust

RedDevilMachine

Really would like Tunisia to win which gives them a very good chance of qualifying. Will be surprised if Australia pulls this off.

Bole Top

at least Qatar is funny to watch, as shit as they are. Tunisia could actually end the tournament with zero goals if they don't score today. I don't see them scoring vs France.

Hoof the ball

I just hope non of this shite happens again in the 'WC. Great result for Saudi's but when you put the ball into their net four times in one half and one of them is ruled out because the VAR team can't be bothered to check the entire defensively line, then you've a right to feel aggrieved.

RedDevilMachine

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Tunisia playing the kind of slow football the compact Aussies block can handle. A poor game plan very well executed. Well done, mates!

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Did that replay show the referee tripping a Tunisian player, leading to the Aussie goal?
Yes it did. Ref had to hear his rant at half time.