Day 7: Tunisia vs Australia | Poland vs Saudi Arabia | France vs Denmark | Argentina vs Mexico

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Match 21
Saturday 26 November, 10.00 GMT @ Al Janoub Stadium
Group D

Match 22
Saturday 26 November, 13.00 GMT @ Education City Stadium
Group C

Match 23
Saturday 26 November, 16.00 GMT @ Stadium 974
Group D

Match 24
Saturday 26 November, 19.00 GMT @ Lusail Stadium
Group C​

Last edited:

NoPace

Australia needs a new flag. Way uglier than their jerseys. Poland's is shit too.

I fancy a draw-draw-Denmark-Argentina parlay.

Samid

Probably explains why Renard's career has been so hit and miss. A dressing room will either react spectacularly well or equally bad to this kind of management.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes

Probably explains why Renard's career has been so hit and miss. A dressing room will either react spectacularly well or equally bad to this kind of management.
"Take your phone you can take a picture with him if you want" :D
That was a great speech to be honest, the most impressive is how depressed and defeated the players look as they enter the locker room, but he managed to motivate them back. Also big props to the translator, the guy not only translates but conveys the tone and emotions of the coach.
Stumbled upon this which made me chuckle as well:

Samid

Argentina will be playing for something bigger tomorrow.

redshaw

Looking forward to Poland Saudi Arabia and Argentina Mexico. Was impressed with KSA so want to see how they do against a poor Polish team, perhaps Lewa can get some joy in a WC game if they play high again.

Ramos

I could see Tunisia win this and make this group interesting. They looked a bit better than they usually do at WC's while Australia's current squad feels like the worst they ever sent.

Lyng

Extremely nervous today. Just hope we can scrape a draw and then be able to decide it for ourselves in the final match.

Samid

Hope France win the group so that England have to face an actual team in the QF and don’t have a pisstake route to the final for the third tournament running.

RoyH1

Greatly looking forward to Argentina v Mexico later. It will probably be the spiciest game of the tournament thus far. :drool:
The atmosphere is going to be rocking. Both teams fans travelled in big numbers to Qatar and the fanbases don't like each other too much.
Predict a scrappy game with lots of bookings. Argentina to win with a tight score me thinks.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Who’s winning this one. Tunisia or Australia? Can see it being a draw but if I had to pick 1 I’m going Australia.

nickp91

My TV has been on Telemundo since the beginning of the World Cup

Samid

Australia getting booed in their own continent against a team from a different continent. Beauty of the World Cup!

Dansk

There goes Tunisia's #14 again, fouling incessantly and then cheering like he scored a goal. Let's see if this ref does anything about it or if he just allows it to continue all game like when we played against them.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
How did Hannibal do in the last game, any significant involvement rather than defending?

Tony247

Precisely why i call them fake asian
I assumed they were part of Oceania Football Confederation but strangely they qualify through AFC!

Edit: Interesting trivia I found
"Australia left the Oceania Football Confederation after the 2006 World Cup because the Socceroos hated not having a direct path to qualifying for the World Cup. The Oceanians are not guaranteed a spot in the World Cup and has to play in a playoff from either CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, or the AFC to get in."