---------------------------------------------------------------

Match 17
Thursday 17 June, 21.00 CET @ Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam
Group C
Ref: Orel Grinfeld (Israel)​

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Quite confident we'll beat Austria. The one thing holding us back to be at least a decent side was the lack of confidence by the poor results. Most of thay chagrin is gone now, so I fully expect us to get through the groupstage without incident and crash out in the quarters.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Quite confident we'll beat Austria. The one thing holding us back to be at least a decent side was the lack of confidence by the poor results. Most of thay chagrin is gone now, so I fully expect us to get through the groupstage without incident and crash out in the quarters.
Unfortunately I agree that you are going to beat us quite comfortably. The noise around Arnautovic also does not help.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Too bad, he's a shoe in for a red card. Just prod him a little and he's bound to explode.

Seriously though, that giant dude they have up front is their real threat. Good thing De Ligt is back.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'd normally be quite confident in us beating Denmark, but the vibe around this game is just so weird. I'm not sure what to think now.
Should simply be a (straightforward) win to be honest, with or without the special circumstances surrounding the Danish team.

RoyH1

Got the chance to buy my tickets back from UEFA so I'm going with my kid to the Belgium game this evening. I'm so nervous. It's a weird feeling, it's almost doesn't matter. Just being there is going to be special due to the surrounding circumstances

Matriac

Only a one match ban for Arnautovic? Seems tame for screaming "I'll feck your Albanian mother" at someone on a football pitch.
Would probably be more outside of a tournament setting.

But 33% of the matches deciding if they go through or not is somewhat significant.

Cloud7

One day off for the week and the marquee match I get is Belgium vs Denmark. Bleh.

Matriac

They're finishing bottom of the group with or without that twat.
First of all it has to be equal for all teams, so shouldn't matter the likelihood of making it through.

But they are in the lead now, likely losing to Netherlands, but against Ukraine it's somewhat open. At worst they finish third. Which can come down to goaldifference to qualify for playoffs.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Who? Austria?
First of all it has to be equal for all teams, so shouldn't matter the likelihood of making it through.

But they are in the lead now, likely losing to Netherlands, but against Ukraine it's somewhat open. At worst they finish third. Which can come down to goaldifference to qualify for playoffs.
I'm an idiot, I had it in my mind they lost their first game!

Ananke

Hope this Ukraine/North Macedonia match is a good one. Both need to win it so...end to end game?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Only a one match ban for Arnautovic? Seems tame for screaming "I'll feck your Albanian mother" at someone on a football pitch.
"Jebem ti majku" (ill feck your mother) is basically like saying feck you or feck off in English, it's just the common way of swearing in that part of the world, shouldn't be the issue. The issue is he said "siptarsku" which is basically a derogatory slur against Albanians, and it was pretty targeted against Allioski as his mum is from Albania apparently. But yeah, 1 match seemed low.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Ukraine 4 goals in just under a game and a half. Fair play sheva.

Carolina Red

Staff
I do appreciate the Yarmolenko then Yaremchuk scoring pattern that Ukraine has going on here... and that the folks who are expected to score for them are the ones that are actually doing the scoring.

Sara125

Side note: I had no idea until the Euros that Macedonia is now ‘North Macedonia’. It was a recent name change as well- 2019!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The playing on when a player’s clearly offside thing is getting really annoying.