Day 7: Ukraine vs North Macedonia | Denmark vs Belgium | Netherlands vs Austria

Gonçalo Motta

Still waiting for Netherlands and Belgium to play against proper opponents. Based on the quality of the teams they played against, I'm not impressed.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Still waiting for Netherlands and Belgium to play against proper opponents. Based on the quality of the teams they played against, I'm not impressed.
Belgium are lethal imho. Especially with the De Bruyne Lukaku pairing. We, on the other hand, are quite average. The fact we missed 2 tournaments should be an indication of that.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Counts for every team bar probably France then. Portugal only played Hungary and Italy played two awful teams as well.

Gonçalo Motta

Counts for every team bar probably France then. Portugal only played Hungary and Italy played two awful teams as well.
Never said otherwise and Portugal didn't impress me either bar the last 10 minutes of the game. Although I think it was a fair win against Hungary, the 3-0 was deceiving and a 1/2-0 win would be a better representation of the game.

Anyway, Italy didn't lose one single game in the last 2 years so I expect them to be one of the teams to beat in this tournament and they look good as a unit.

My doubts with Belgium are not in the offensive aspect because they have more than enough firepower to score a couple of goals against any team in this Euro, I'm just not sure how they will handle a team that can press them against their own area.

As a Portuguese, I actually want to play against the Netherlands and/or Belgium just because it has the potential to be really great matches. Pretty sure it's going to be a borefest against Germany and France

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I wasnt all that impressed by France. Sure they have a fantastic team, but their approach is so fecking cynical. De Bruyne was more impressive than their whole team and it may just be Denmark, but they didnt exactly role over for you.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I wasnt all that impressed by France. Sure they have a fantastic team, but their approach is so fecking cynical. De Bruyne was more impressive than their whole team and it may just be Denmark, but they didnt exactly role over for you.
Me neither. I even kept thinking "Germany is better than I expected" during the game, yet afterwards you wonder "what the hell did France actually do" yet they won once again. It's just how they operate - I guess you can criticize it and hate it (which I do) but can't really fault them for it since it got them a World Cup and potentially a European Cup too right now.