Day 8: Japan vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Morocco | Croatia vs Canada | Spain vs Germany

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Canada's approach to their first world cup in decades is so refreshing. Pressing high, attacking football, high intensity. Love it.
It’s a really nice story with the coach too. Would love them to go through.

SRB87

Supports
ACU
Man, Davies just might be the most athletic player in the game now. The guy could probably play in the NFL if he tried.

footballbite

According to the BBC commentator, Canada’s scorer was “their undisputed star - Jonathan Davies” :D

And Martin Keown thinks “USA” are playing.

Dazzmondo

Lovren running up like that was dumb and could have gone wrong. Gvardiol defended it well despite the player being offside anyway

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Canada play with no fear, lovely team.

arnie_ni

Class start. Would love Canada and Morocco to go through from this group if that's at all possible

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Croatia look a bit cleaner in possession than Belgium did against Canada.

PoTMS

It must be said Canada and USA play much better football than us. Maybe the FA should have a look at Herdman once we get knocked out of the tournament under Pizza boy.

Dazzmondo

There were some Celtic fans a while ago telling me how great Juranovic was and that if Utd were smart we would sign him. He's looked rubbish so far. Wasn't impressed whenever I saw him play in Europe either.

arnie_ni

I’ll be honest, I forgot Morocco got a second goal. That’s my understanding as well now that you’ve reminded me of that
If this result sits, Canada and Morocco draw and Croatia beat Belgium things start getting dicey then for Canada. Goal difference comes into play