Day 8: Japan vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Morocco | Croatia vs Canada | Spain vs Germany

RedDevilMachine

Canada deserved this loss. Teaches their arrogant coach not to be disrespectful. Now look who gets f*cked? Well done Croatia.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
I hate the fact thst we have 5-6 central midfielders who are class and only one winger. And not counting only this 26 players. In general. Is that hard to produce a winger ffs? England has 10 of them :lol:
Yeah agree, apart from Perišić we don't have anyone near that required quality. I would play Kramarić on the right with licence to roam around, he's better option than any other player. Also, apart from Juranović there's no rb for cover, and Juranović himself isn't anything special. But CM and CB are always full of class players, maybe we should play formation without full backs and wingers :nervous: :lol:

RedDevilMachine

Spain XI: Simon, Carvajal, Rodri, Laporte, Jordi Alba, Gavi, Busquets, Gonzalez, Ferran Torres, Asensio, Olmo.
Germany XI: Neuer, Sule, Rudiger, Kehrer, Raum, Kimmich, Gundogan, Goretzka, Gnabry, Muller, Musiala

Germany going with a very attacking 4-3-3 line up.

Blackwidow

Spain XI: Simon, Carvajal, Rodri, Laporte, Jordi Alba, Gavi, Busquets, Gonzalez, Ferran Torres, Asensio, Olmo.
Germany XI: Neuer, Sule, Rudiger, Kehrer, Raum, Kimmich, Gundogan, Goretzka, Gnabry, Muller, Musiala

Germany going with a very attacking 4-3-3 line up.
Actually - no, as Germany usually plays with 4 offensive players.

But if the moods of them stays the same during the match it will be a good game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Germany vs Spain will be fantastic IMO. Potential world cup final matchup as well. Germany bottled that opening game but they have as high a peak as anyone.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
love that Croatia's shirt. It gives illusion that they're playing modern football.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
You play a 40 year old against kovacic and modric and you will lose.

Decent showing for canada. Shame about the Belgium game..we were excellent

rollingstoned1

All the games today have been very enjoyable. Croatia played like wc finalists after conceding. Hope the piece de resistance now also doesn't disappoint.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Havertz dropped. Not surprising really given how anonymous he was against Japan.

PoTMS

Get Klinsmann off my telly. What a tragedy of an 'apology'. Lineker also letting him off too easy.

Dazzmondo

What sort of apology is that? Klinnsman's a twat and shouldn't have been allowed back on. Cool to see Pochettino. Always love getting insights from good managers.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Football can be a bit cruel sometimes. Dogshit Costa Rica managed to get a win with a jammy goal with what was their first attack in the tournament. Canada, meanwhile, who dominated Belgium (and even missed a penalty against them) and took the lead against the runners-up of last World Cup from a superb attacking move, will have nothing to play for in the final round of games.
We just scored our world cup goal. Still looking for our first world cup point(s). Lots to play for.

RedDevilMachine

Germany vs Spain will be fantastic IMO. Potential world cup final matchup as well. Germany bottled that opening game but they have as high a peak as anyone.
Let's wait for them to qualify first before we jump to such a conclusion. If they lose to Spain which they are historically poor against, it's still out of their hands.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Intrigued to see how good Spain will play. I had a bet at work a few months ago that Spain will win the World Cup. I was laughed out the room :lol: so I’ve been dining on that 7-0 for a few days now

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Said he was talking about their passion and getting involved from the sidelines and people took it the wrong way. Also him being former US coach played a part in Iran and Quieroz being upset with the comments.
Basically “they took it the wrong way”, and something about “maybe it’s because I used to manage the USA”. It wasn’t an apology.
Ta, so a bunch of bollocks then?

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
I'm expecting a high scoring game, if Germany click, maybe 3-1 or 4-2.
No more Harvetz bs as a striker until his cameo in the final to win the game and no more Sulinho as RB, the waste Schlotterbeck on the bench can only be massive positives.
Also, no more political bs from them I hope.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
My guess is a lack of a positive rolemodel at home mixed with restlessness, boredom and an urge to destroy things? Same reason most football hooligan wreck stuff.

The exact same neighbourhood was trashed during the covid lockdowns, so it's just an excuse for them to act cnutish.

Josh 76

How many times does Gary Lineker wipe his nose with his hand? He must do it at least 3 or 4 times a minute. Wonder if he’s on the naughty stuff.

Pintu

Basically “they took it the wrong way”, and something about “maybe it’s because I used to manage the USA”. It wasn’t an apology.
What is the right way to take it when he basically called them cheaters (by culture). And then went on to mention they got away with it thanks to the Guatemalan referee (saying that Central American referees accept this, also by culture)...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
1st and 2nd place doesn't make much of a difference in this group... Would you rather be on the Netherlands/Argentina/Brazil half of the draw or France/England/Portugal (the probable quarter finals).