Day 8: Japan vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Morocco | Croatia vs Canada | Spain vs Germany

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Match 25
Sunday 27 November, 10.00 GMT @ Ahmed bin Ali Stadium
Group E

Match 26
Sunday 27 November, 13.00 GMT @ Al Thumama Stadium
Group F

Match 27
Sunday 27 November, 16.00 GMT @ Khalifa International Stadium
Group F

Match 28
Sunday 27 November, 19.00 GMT @ Al Bayt Stadium
Group E​

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Spain vs Germany should be good. Germany needs a result.

PoTMS

Are Germany out if they lose irrespective of the early game?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Are Germany out if they lose irrespective of the early game?
I think Costa Rica would need to beat Japan in the early game for Germany to be not be out with a loss.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What a good day this should be.

Hoping wins for Japan, Croatia, and Spain.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If Japan win either Spain or Germany goes home right?

Edit: no wait, if Germany then beat Spain and Costa Rica and Spain batter Japan they still both go through.

Though that depends, which is leading, results or goal difference?

Kopral Jono

A win for Japan and Morocco and I'll be a happy man. The latter would be extra sweet. International football will benefit from the swift death of Belgium's 'golden generation', the boring cnuts.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If Japan beat Costa Rica then Germany basically need to beat Spain otherwise they are totally fecked?

Kopral Jono

If Japan beat Costa Rica then Germany basically need to beat Spain otherwise they are totally fecked?
Pretty much. If Japan beat Costa Rica and Germany draw against Spain, I think they will have to beat Costa Rica by eight or more goals in the final round of games just to be sure and Japan to beat Spain.

Ramos

Would be great if Japan win that first game to make that late game do or die for the Germans, but for some reason i can see Japan struggle.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Second group stage exit in a row incoming, so shocking how far the national team has fallen off.

Frank Grimes

Spain (winners) and Germany final was my pre tournament shout. Looking unlikely now. Need a German win tomorrow, which would mean they'll be looking to go goal crazy against Costa Rica.
Put a fiver on Gnabry at 150/1 for golden boot.

MalaysianRed7

I just want Japan to win first, then the rest should take care of itself in that group.

RedDevilMachine

I'm going against the grain but I think Costa Rica will beat Japan. Their form prior to the World Cup has been good, I don't think they are that bad. Spain just made them look so poor. Costa Rica to beat Japan and Germany to beat Spain and all 4 teams end up with 3 points and a winner takes all on the final day.

Kopral Jono

Would be great if Japan win that first game to make that late game do or die for the Germans, but for some reason i can see Japan struggle.
It would be typical of this World Cup if Japan struggle. I thought Holland and England were going to coast Ecuador and the United States respectively yesterday, likewise Tunisia earlier judging from their performance against Denmark. Strangely enough, so far only Saudi Arabia have carried the form of matchweek one to two -- they could consider themselves unlucky not to get anything today.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Would be typical for that to end 0-0 or something.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If Japan win, and Spain draw.. I imagine the final game between Japan and Spain will be a dull 0-0.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Some decent games tomorrow. Most obvious one being Spain vs Germany. I’m looking forward to the Croatia and Canada game though.

DJ_21

Spain vs Germany should be a cracking game.
More so because Germany have to win. Can see Spain having a lot of the ball though and frustrating the Germans. Should be an intriguing game.

DJ_21

I think Japan will cruise to victory to be honest. The win against the Germans would or give them a whole lot of confidence.

Redfrog

It would be typical of this World Cup if Japan struggle. I thought Holland and England were going to coast Ecuador and the United States respectively yesterday, likewise Tunisia earlier judging from their performance against Denmark. Strangely enough, so far only Saudi Arabia have carried the form of matchweek one to two -- they could consider themselves unlucky not to get anything today.
France too, and they are already qualified.

RedDevilRoshi

Germany vs Spain is the most obvious standout fixture due to it literally being a cup final for the Germans.

Canada vs Croatia - if Canada can find their shooting boots for this then I reckon they will win.

Irwin99

Spain to finish second in the group and transfer to England, France and Portugal's side of the draw would be funny but highly unlikely. Would like to see a Brazil vs Spain final :drool:

It would feel weird not to have the Germans in the knockout stages. Kind of hope they get a result.

Edit- i forgot they got knocked out of the group stage in 2018. Two in a row must be unprecedented for the Germans :eek:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Germany are basically out if Japan win.

I can't see them having enough to beat Spain (they'd have looked pre tournament at that game as a good draw).

Incredible this modern era where Germany keep going out of tournaments early and Italy can't even make world cups nowadays yet as a whole europe still largely dominates the tournament.

Croatia-Canada should be good. If Canada can bring close to the level they showed v Belgium I think they get at least a point.

RedDevilQuebecois

Japan defeated Costa Rica by a score of 4-0 just a few years ago under Moriyasu as the manager. Not saying that the same result will happen, but Japan will approach this game as a must-win and thus go for blood just like they did against USA back in October.

Lyricist

Spain to finish second in the group and transfer to England, France and Portugal's side of the draw would be funny but highly unlikely. Would like to see a Brazil vs Spain final :drool:

It would feel weird not to have the Germans in the knockout stages. Kind of hope they get a result.

Edit- i forgot they got knocked out of the group stage in 2018. Two in a row must be unprecedented for the Germans :eek:
Even "1 in a row" was unprecedented in 2018. It'll only go down further from here on out. :wenger:

DJ_21

Germany are basically out if Japan win.

I can't see them having enough to beat Spain (they'd have looked pre tournament at that game as a good draw).

Incredible this modern era where Germany keep going out of tournaments early and Italy can't even make world cups nowadays yet as a whole europe still largely dominates the tournament.

Croatia-Canada should be good. If Canada can bring close to the level they showed v Belgium I think they get at least a point.
Ye Croatia haven’t looked that good… Canada had lots of energy vs Belgium but lacked the finishing. This one may end 0-0

DJ_21

Just checked Spain and Germany’s past meetings. Forgot Spain dominated them and won 6-0 2 years ago. I think Spain have it in them to put 4+ past the Germans again.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
My little Acca. Japan, Belgium, Draw Croatia v Canada, Spain
Spain and Belgium for me. Good odds on both.

Should've seen my dad's yesterday. Donno how the old man pulled it off, he never watches football.
Australia, Argentina, France, and Poland. 15/1.
He cashed out when messi scored, says he never knew the argentines were this shit :lol:

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Put quite a sum on Japan, Costa Rica’s spirit imo has been crushed, Japan is on high morale and the fact that they absolutely need to win this game (by a fairly big margin) to ensure that in case a Germany victory in the Spanish game, they have more than enough GD to qualify even if they lost their last game to spain.

DJ_21

Spain and Belgium for me. Good odds on both.

Should've seen my dad's yesterday. Donno how the old man pulled it off, he never watches football.
Australia, Argentina, France, and Poland. 15/1.
He cashed out when messi scored, says he never knew the argentines were this shit :lol:
Argentina won me my bet aswell :lol: Would of won 135 but cashed out 120 when it went 1-0. Don’t trust the long stoppage times. Only lost out on 15 pound.

RedDevilMachine

Japan win would make the Germany game so intriguing later but knowing this World Cup, it means Japan won't.