Day 8: Japan vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Morocco | Croatia vs Canada | Spain vs Germany

Abraxas

The spine of this Belgian side is really poor. Or rather, too old. If Onana is the best talent that can provide an injection into the middle of the pitch where there are aging centre backs, aging Witsel, aging Hazard, well...its not great reading.

Pintu

I love KDB (as much as you can like an Abu Dhabi player) but that looked like a dive.

Deery

Dreary
I do wonder if this football has anything to do with the low scoring, no shots flying in from distance like there usually is in previous WC’s with their weird footballs.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It would be better if effing Martinez would play some of the younger lads. Mostly Trossard, but also Doku, De Ketelaere, etc
This is what happens when you leave an average manager like Martinez or Southgate in charge too long. They get comfortable with the players they’ve used over the years who brought them (very) modest success.

Bobski

Onana makes Fred and McT look like Scholes with his passing.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I suppose the one benefit of having to endure Jenas now is that we won't have to in tonight's big game...