Day 8: Japan vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Morocco | Croatia vs Canada | Spain vs Germany

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Think that's a little cruel on Canada. They started quite well but didn't know what to do after going ahead. Not sure Croatia are really good enough to threaten. they often seem to have one or two good games and then just fall apart
Yeah, just like 4 years ago.

Rustyspider13

Well deserved win for Croatia, that midfield is pure class. Canada's approach is commendable but you can't just not defend in matches.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Nah, they've done well but are inexperienced defensively.
I don't know, there's inexperience then this. Can't stop scratching my heads hearing the american pundits tipping them as potential dark horses.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Canada run out of gas and ideas after 20 minutes...

Smacky The Frog

Well, that was a lesson for Canada. They tried though. Belgium might be one of those "top" teams that make most teams look good.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Don't want to see Vlasic playing for nt ever again, offers absolutely nothing.
We have one bloody winger in whole team. Vlasic and Orsic are few levels bellow Perisic.

But Gvardiol on the other hand. Damn, in these two games that guy was absolute monster. He is 100+ million defender

sport2793

Canada really poor today and deserved to be eliminated, their fans were extremely smug when they got through WC qualifying too

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Canada were tactically naive and gave way too much space to the Croatian midfield which was suicide. Which is kind of expected as they don't have the experience yet, hopefully they can produce some decent defenders in the next 4 years and should be a much better team in 2026.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
We have one bloody winger in whole team. Vlasic and Orsic are few levels bellow Perisic.

But Gvardiol on the other hand. Damn, in these two games that guy was absolute monster. He is 100+ million defender
He's not winger, tbh I don't know what he is, but shouldn't be anywhere near this team.

Agree on the Gvardiol, ridicously good for such young player, haven't seen someone like that in a long time.

ManUtd1999

Morocco and Croatia to go through imo. Lets see what Belgium have left in their tanks.
That’s my impression too. Morocco will play a team that has nothing to play for. Croatia wants to finish first to avoid potentially Spain. Belgium doesn’t depend on itself.

Pintu

We hyped Canada so hard after the first game... It turns out that was just down to Belguim being shiiit... USA is the only solid side from the CONCACAF region.

RedDevilRoshi

Enjoyed that, best game for a while. Canada were awful after the goal and Croatia just picked them off. Lucky they only lost 4-1 as could have been a much more convincing win for the Croatians.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
That’s my impression too. Morocco will play a team that has nothing to play for. Croatia wants to finish first to avoid potentially Spain. Belgium doesn’t depend on itself.
Belgium vs Croatia will go the last knife, but Morocco shouldn't underestimate Canada if they want to go through. There's nothing more dangerous than an opponent that has nothing to lose.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He's not winger, tbh I don't know what he is, but shouldn't be anywhere near this team.

Agree on the Gvardiol, ridicously good for such young player, haven't seen someone like that in a long time.
I hate the fact thst we have 5-6 central midfielders who are class and only one winger. And not counting only this 26 players. In general. Is that hard to produce a winger ffs? England has 10 of them :lol:

Pintu

Who was that number 4 defender for Canada? He was absolutely horrific
K Miller... He was nose bleeding. Maybe I don't understand the rule, but I think he shouldn't have been allowed to play like that.

Kopral Jono

Football can be a bit cruel sometimes. Dogshit Costa Rica managed to get a win with a jammy goal with what was their first attack in the tournament. Canada, meanwhile, who dominated Belgium (and even missed a penalty against them) and took the lead against the runners-up of last World Cup from a superb attacking move, will have nothing to play for in the final round of games.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Croatia look pretty good, Modic never seems to get old, incredible player. So far looks like favourites are Brazil, France, Croatia and Spain. Latter have a test v Germany shortly of course. Other teams seem to be likely to just make the numbers up...

mu4c_20le

Croatia look pretty good, Modic never seems to get old, incredible player. So far looks like favourites are Brazil, France, Croatia and Spain. Latter have a test v Germany shortly of course. Other teams seem to be likely to just make the numbers up...
Don't think they will go far though, Canada's defense and keeper are MLS low tier

ManUtd1999

Belgium vs Croatia will go the last knife, but Morocco shouldn't underestimate Canada if they want to go through. There's nothing more dangerous than an opponent that has nothing to lose.
I guess that’s true. In this world cup, anything is possible.