Day 8: Japan vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Morocco | Croatia vs Canada | Spain vs Germany

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It was designed for accuracy. I have no idea why this keeps getting posted. Linesmen always had to judge cm accuracy to the point it simply wasn’t fair on them and VAR had to be introduced at some stage.
Criticism has gone too far now where clear offsides are given and it’s being criticised for it. No margin of error ever leaves Rudiger onside and any lineman’s in line gives it
It wasn't designed to ruin the spectacle of the game as it now does with VAR. It's there to stop goal hanging.

Couldn't give who wins this game or not.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Wonder if Japan and Spain play out a tactical dull 0-0 so both go through (assuming Germany win)
Not relevant after their goal but Costa Rica can also go through if they beat Germany.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Nah Spain are the most talented team for sure. Best coaches, and they perform the best on the pitch. They were the best team in the euros too, lost on pens to Italy in the semi final.

No batch of talent? Musiala is literally one of the best teenagers in world football!!
No doubt about their talent but again they're just too young, this'll be a learning experience for them not an attempt at winning, also their attack is blunt.

And on the second part it doesn't matter how talented musiala is, it doesn't hold the candle to the likes of neuer, Muller,ozil and co burying on to the scene back in 2010, they need a serious injection of talent to compete at the highest level again.

Annd they scored, never tempt fate.

Bertie Wooster

Shearer (and commentators) talking about linesman holding the flag up late is always funny. Like they've just come out of a coma and it's new
Yeah the pundits, and media in general, are such hypocrites.

For years pre-VAR they called for it, grumbling that all they wanted was the right decision made. Now, when replays regularly show the right decision has been made, they desperately search for something to grumble about.

Because, desperate what they previously claimed, what they actually want is 'controversy' and debate. And they'll try to manufacture it anyway they can.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I honestly think their midfield gets overrated. Busi is old and slow
Yeah personally I'd have Rodri starting at base of their midfield but hierarchy I guess.

What a finish from the Bremen guy, he wasn't letting Musiala having another shot was he?!

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I said he was in form. Only right Germanys savior would come from a Werder player like Klose before him.

mav_9me

What a high quality game. These two teams are playing a different game to the rest of the countries. Probably only Brazil can keep with them.