Day 8: Sweden vs Slovakia | Croatia vs Czech Republic | England vs Scotland

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
If you want to play this target man football then play DCL. He will give you focal point as minimum guarantee. Kane was shocking.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I've already apologised for being a d!ck.

I was convinced that finishing top had 2nd of group of death and finishing 2nd had top of group of death

Yes I said it with confidence, but I'll be man enough to admit I had egg on my face and apologise.

I look a fool, but we move on.

How is it possible to talk such complete shite with such confidence, especially when it's something you can find out with google in a few seconds? :lol:

Have you considered a career as a Tory MP?

ShinjiNinja26

I don`t understand why Scotland are happy with a draw , England were awful tonight and Scotland needed a win , they should be disappointed they didn`t take their chance .
We’ll be ecstatic to make it out the group and after that draw it’s still in our hands, It’s our first major tournament in over 20 fecking years!! Anything that’s not a loss is worthy of celebrating. :lol:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
You just dislike me anyway. You always comment on my posts so I'm quite flattered really.

He has always been like that, to the point that I actually want to give him a credit for such level of confidence.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Massive underdog playing away from home, desperately need to not lose, not counting the fact it is one of the biggest games Scotland can play internationally, damn right you celebrate it.

You can easily tell you the Man Utd And England fans. As you have never really experienced what it is like, to be a true underdog
Poorest performance by Wales in last euros was v England ironically. Scored with the Bale free kick against run of play and then barely crossed the halfway line for rest of the match. And that was worse England team than now.

Glaswegian

Great clean sheet and got the right players starting. Will probably be typical Scotland and lose 2 nil to Croatia but Croatia hardly been great shakes in this tournament and historically Scotland have one of the best records v Croatia since they became independent, don't think they've lost in about 5 games.
When it comes to Scotland and Croatia, in that respect wee keek'd our breeks. We even had a chance to do it without shedding any blood.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Sorry but GIRFUY!!!

5-0 England
6-0 England

These were some of the predictions on here and elsewhere. A total lack of respect as if we were San Marino or some sort of clueless minnow that were going to get our arses handed out to them very easily and embarrassed worldwide.
Aye. Boils down to folk looking at the result against Czech Republic and not the performance. Or the reasons why we’ve got to the Euros in the first place. Mostly we controlled the midfield and it was always going to strangle England’s creativity.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
There's alot of disrespect towards Scotland being shown. People acting like San Marino got a point. This is a team full of solid premier League players.
Derby, Norwich, Celtic, Motherwell, QPR, Hibernain, ...

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He had a pretty shaky start and got subbed off.

With the context of his age and this being his debut, sure but there were a few Scotland players who pretty clearly had better games.

It's all good for his confidence though, hope he goes from strength to strength.

Andersons Dietician

I don`t understand why Scotland are happy with a draw , England were awful tonight and Scotland needed a win , they should be disappointed they didn`t take their chance .
Because it’s similar to a championship team getting a point away to Man City. nae doubt Scotland raised their game but that was a show of team work and hard work, every body putting in a shift for one another against a much more talented team.

If people can’t watch that and see why people are happy with it then fine.

Barthez

Well Tuesday will be interesting because it’s a game England really want to draw and not win

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, Southampton....
*Chelsea's bench. And yeah half of their starting XI are starters / role players at PL clubs but I just disagreed that their team is "full of solid PL players".

Definitely put in a solid display though, had a gameplan and it worked, deserved the point.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Massive underdog playing away from home, desperately need to not lose, not counting the fact it is one of the biggest games Scotland can play internationally, damn right you celebrate it.

You can easily tell who are the Man Utd And England fans. As you have never really experienced what it is like, to be a true underdog
Mate, Euro 2016 was literally only 5 years ago. Wales showed everyone how to get it done. You can shove your "massive underdogs" shite back up your arse and go back and watch them beat Slovakia, Russia, N. Ireland and Belgium, scoring in every game on their way to the semi final, 6 goals in the group stage, 4 in the knockouts.

England were shite tonight, and the best Scotland could muster was sitting with 5 at the back and going wild for a 0-0, despite that result leaving you needing a win against a Croatia side also hungry for the win.

RedChisel

*Chelsea's bench. And yeah half of their starting XI are starters / role players at PL clubs but I just disagreed that their team is "full of solid PL players".

Definitely put in a solid display though, had a gameplan and it worked, deserved the point.
Can add Villa and Arsenal aswell. Plenty of good players in the Scotland squad.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mate, Euro 2016 was literally only 5 years ago. Wales showed everyone how to get it done. You can shove your "massive underdogs" shite back up your arse and go back and watch them beat Slovakia, Russia, N. Ireland and Belgium, scoring in every game on their way to the semi final, 6 goals in the group stage, 4 in the knockouts.

England were shite tonight, and the best Scotland could muster was sitting with 5 at the back and going wild for a 0-0, despite that result leaving you needing a win against a Croatia side also hungry for the win.
Wales weren't great though v England in that tournament, aside from Bale free kick hardly had a shot.

Would be great for Scotland to get through but I assume they'd just get France or Portugal so just one extra game whereas Northern Ireland was an amazing draw for Wales, shows the value of winning the group sometimes.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The fact that people are talking about England finishing as runners up, in that fecking group, is a testament to how far England have fallen

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

I’m not Scottish, I am Irish

Sorry you are upset, but it was a fantastic result and performance for Scotland and they should absolutely be proud if it.

Nick7

What a meltdown.

el3mel

Wales had a pretty easy draw up till QF. Defeating Belgium was fantastic and big surprise, but not like they reached QF beating world beaters.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Don’t take anything from Wales, but having a world class player and a top player like Ramsey helps a lot

Scotland have no one of that caliber

Glaswegian

Did some big hairy Scotsman pump your missus, or something? Eff sake, mate :lol:

Halftrack

Why are you so hostile?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Wales weren't great though v England in that tournament, aside from Bale free kick hardly had a shot.

Would be great for Scotland to get through but I assume they'd just get France or Portugal so just one extra game whereas Northern Ireland was an amazing draw for Wales, shows the value of winning the group sometimes.
Wales weren't great against England, but they still scored, topped the group in the end after sticking 2 past Slovakia and 3 past Russia, then ended up putting 3 past Belgium in the knockouts too. They entered with ambition. Scotland entered to not get beat by England.