Day 8: Sweden vs Slovakia | Croatia vs Czech Republic | England vs Scotland

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The booing was bizarre. Second game of the Euros, not a great performance but a point against a big rival that more or less qualifies them

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Clearly? After one game?
When he first broke through that’s where he played, he looked good again there when he had to fill in for injuries at the end of this season. At the end of the day he has games where he hides from the ball. He can do that without harming the team as a CB, not a CM. He has a lot of qualities that would make him strong there too. Just needs the organisational skills which doesn’t seem implausible.

GueRed

was like watching United last night.

Two defensive midfielders, slow, ponderous football and lacking in any urgency and quality in the final 3rd.

A point was a fair result.

Josep Dowling

I don’t know why people expect more from England. It’s the same every tournament albeit 2018 when 3 times we played a decent side, and 3 times we lost.

England are clueless. The best thing the manager has done is finish mid-table with Middlesbrough. Every single player is overhyped to the point they get treated as world class without winning trophies. I haven’t got carried away for this tournament because I don’t get the hype with this England squad. At the very least if your strength is in attacking players play on that strength. Why have two holding midfielders.

Watching the game in the pub last night and the fans going nuts for Grealish coming on. Again the best thing he’s done is finish mid-table in the Premier League and wins fouls every game. I don’t understand why these players get so overhyped by fans and media.

rpitchfo

I don’t know why people expect more from England. It’s the same every tournament albeit 2018 when 3 times we played a decent side, and 3 times we lost.

England are clueless. The best thing the manager has done is finish mid-table with Middlesbrough. Every single player is overhyped to the point they get treated as world class without winning trophies. I haven’t got carried away for this tournament because I don’t get the hype with this England squad. At the very least if your strength is in attacking players play on that strength. Why have two holding midfielders.

Watching the game in the pub last night and the fans going nuts for Grealish coming on. Again the best thing he’s done is finish mid-table in the Premier League and wins fouls every game. I don’t understand why these players get so overhyped by fans and media.
no, we get this every tournament and I don’t remember it being true for a while. England are not “over hyped” - nobody I have spoken to considers England capable of winning this tournament, not one.

they do think England have an ok squad though (it is pretty deep in terms of options).

the disappoint last night is simply;

1. we should beat scotland with these players
2. We played without the passion the situation called for.

nobody is overhyping England!!!!

p.s I take your point about jack. I don’t understand how everyone has him down as one the best players in the world at the moment.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Guess sarcasm is lost on you. It’s Frances trophy to lose. I’ve said this before a ball had been kicked and nothing since has made me question myself.
sorry, reply was a bit douchy since I could assume you weren't serious.
Yes, France obviously, it's just a pity they play such horrible football with sich a golden, diamond, generation. But they are strong.
Italy has played the best football so far.

Josep Dowling

no, we get this every tournament and I don’t remember it being true for a while. England are not “over hyped” - nobody I have spoken to considers England capable of winning this tournament, not one.

they do think England have an ok squad though (it is pretty deep in terms of options).

the disappoint last night is simply;

1. we should beat scotland with these players
2. We played without the passion the situation called for.

nobody is overhyping England!!!!

p.s I take your point about jack. I don’t understand how everyone has him down as one the best players in the world at the moment.
England are overhyped. Granted many fans don’t think we will win it but everyone thinks we have a decent set of players when ultimately we have a decent group of attackers facilitating 3 positions on the pitch.

GK - crap
CB - crap
CM - crap

That’s a huge chunk of the spine that aren’t very good and no wonder Southgate plays the formation he has to protect that area.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
England are overhyped. Granted many fans don’t think we will win it but everyone thinks we have a decent set of players when ultimately we have a decent group of attackers facilitating 3 positions on the pitch.

GK - crap
CB - crap
CM - crap

That’s a huge chunk of the spine that aren’t very good and no wonder Southgate plays the formation he has to protect that area.
That’s not really true though is it.

GK- usually crap for club but performs very well for England
CB- Stones plays for the best team in England, Maguire is one of the best CBs going
CM- Rice is a good holding player. The other one should be Bellingham who dominated City at 17 years old.

The issue really simply isn’t the personnel, it’s the fact Southgate can’t pick the best England side and give them every chance to succeed.

djembatheking

GK - crap
CB - crap
CM - crap

Totally agree, Southgate is a cautious manager and knows his teams weaknesses hence why he didn't go all out for the win and instead played to make sure his team qualified . Scotland huffed and puffed but didn't really threaten a team with poor CM,CBs and goalie. He didn't make many subs cos he was comfortable for at least a draw , it was a Boring game but job done . No doubt a better team will expose Englands weaknesses and the game will be less boring but ultimately England will get beat.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Maybe the over inflated value of talent has led to over ambitious expectations and in turn booing
Can’t disagree with that. The commentary particularly from Dixon was absolutely cringeworthy. Going on about how talented Foden was and Sterling was having a great game.
It was embarrassing to listen to as well as watch

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That’s not really true though is it.

GK- usually crap for club but performs very well for England
CB- Stones plays for the best team in England, Maguire is one of the best CBs going
CM- Rice is a good holding player. The other one should be Bellingham who dominated City at 17 years old.

The issue really simply isn’t the personnel, it’s the fact Southgate can’t pick the best England side and give them every chance to succeed.
Maybe he meant Mings?

croadyman

England are a poorly managed side. Great bunch of players they have, just need a competent manager.
Yeah but the FA won't appoint someone who isn't a yes man, a prime example of that was when Clough didn't get the job back in the 70s because he simply refused to toe the party line as that just wasn't his style

Robertd0803

Clutching at straws as well, claiming penalty after penalty. How McCoist didn’t lamp him one, I’ll never know.
Especially when Dixon asked him why didnt he take the penalty in 96 vs England. (McCoists answer was McAllister was captain and was his call) and when Dixon made his next stupid comment you could almost feel the difficulty McCoist had in not killing him.