Day 9: Brazil vs Costa Rica, Nigeria vs Iceland, Serbia vs Switzerland

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brazil 3-0. More due to Costa Rica being poor this world cup. Brazil need to step things up though and lay down a marker as they were very complacent against Swiss and paid the price.

Can say Nigeria-Iceland being 1-1 so Argentina given undeserved lifeline.

Serbia-Swiss....would be nice if this is a random 4-3 game or something. Probably unlikely as neither team screams goals. I've said here or elsewhere Serbia will finish ahead of Swiss as think they're more interesting team so will go for them to win 2-1. SMS winner.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
All Iceland aren't we.

el3mel

Brazil need to step up here. They need a win with quality to prove the previous game was just an anomaly.

Go Iceland!! :devil:

Hojoon

Costa Rica looked really poor, this could be a massacre.

RoyH1

Serbia Switzerland will be boring as hell I think. Best seen with plenty of beer to ease the boredom

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Serbia Switzerland will be boring as hell I think. Best seen with plenty of beer to ease the boredom
Never underestimate this. Went from 'dull as hell' to 'pretty intiruging stuff, this one' with the old man and his neighbour today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Costa Rica looked really poor, this could be a massacre.
Brazil didnt look very good though, and the only thrashing was Russia vs Saudi's so I doubt itll be anything big. 2/3-0 at the most and I doubt itll be that much.

Fenomeno9

I hope Tite doesn’t change the starting lineup. I give the same starting lineup 45 minutes to improve on their previous performance.

Revan

Assumptionman
I really want Switzerland to win cause I live there, half of team are Albanians and it is against Serbia, but Gosh, they are absolutely boring, pretty much impossible to watch.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
And Mikel and Moses and Omeruo.

Not to forget Babayaro.
Omeruo still with you or did you finally sell him. I remember he had about two loan spells with Boro about four years ago where he looked o.k.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
No Jóhann Berg which is a big blow. Instagram sensation Rúrik Gíslason will probably take his place. I expect the match to be as even as most games that we've seen so far. Hopefully we can do something more with our set pieces than against Argentina. It's one of our strongest areas and Nigeria seem really weak at defending them.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Ugh we have to put up with the Swiss again. I think that game may be our first 0-0. Serbia will want a draw and the Swiss will be happy to go a long with it. An early goal for Serbia in that game is all we can hope for.

I hope to see Brazil turn up tomorrow and I’m pretty certain they will. Costa Rica looked rubbish the other day.

Iceland and Nigeria will be a low scoring game of course but both teams have to try and win - a win would be massive for either side. 1-0 Iceland I reckon. Nigeria looked awful the other night.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Nigeria must win!

I looked at the knock-out brackets and feck Iceland.

Argentina-France is a far more historic R16 World Cup match than a repeat of the Euros QF where France kicked out the Icelanders 5-2.

No one really wants a boring repeat of the Euros. Everyone will be complaining of shite knock out matches.

Messi leading this disorganized mess of Argentines against this new generation of French stars is far more compelling.

You all will thank me later.

Was anyone sad Greece didn't make it to the 2006 WC?
Exactly. Feck Iceland

SUPER EAGLES!

Charles Miller

After two rounds watching how awful the Conmebol NTs are in this wc, i would not be surprised if Brazil draw with Costa Rica and go to the last round fighting for a second place in the group.

Savantona

Nigeria must win!

Argentina-France is a far more historic R16 World Cup match than a repeat of the Euros QF where France kicked out the Icelanders 5-2.

No one really wants a boring repeat of the Euros. Everyone will be complaining of shite knock out matches.

Messi leading this disorganized mess of Argentines against this new generation of French stars is far more compelling.

Exactly. Feck Iceland

SUPER EAGLES!
That's rich coming from a person calling himself one nil to the arsenal

Argentina don't deserve shit because of what they are called, you have to work for things in life.

I think France - Iceland rematch would be far more interesting. Remember, revenge is a dish best served cold :smirk:

All though Iceland are probably going to win their group anyway, and meet Denmark in the last 16. Again, much better match up

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Nigeria must win!

Exactly. Feck Iceland

SUPER EAGLES!
Feck the "super eagles". If they can't produce a good enough display to beat Iceland they don't deserve anything.

el3mel

Nigeria must win!

Exactly. Feck Iceland

SUPER EAGLES!
France will have an easier job against this Argentina side than against Iceland.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Think it will be a footballing script if Iceland fail to beat Nigeria tomorrow - which would hand another lifeline for Messi/Argentina to perform.
Might give them another opportunity to self-destruct but still.

For that reason, I think Nigeria will pull off a shock and beat Iceland tomorrow to throw an absolute spanner in the mix which would lead a 3 way race for second place.

Brazil should thump Costa Rica I think.
Serbia-Switzerland will be a tight affair - one goal max, and I think it'll come from the Serbians.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
You are really looking only at big names. This Argentina side will get humiliated with ease by France it's not gonna be a classic game at all.
That would be classic though ;)
Messi getting humiliated in a knock-out by France's new stars?

Anyway, despite my fun hyperbole, we already saw France 5 - Iceland 2 in the Euros. France is even better now than 2 years ago. That's why that match prospect bores me immensely