Day 9: Cameroon vs Serbia | South Korea vs Ghana | Brazil vs Switzerland | Portugal vs Uruguay

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Still the goal wouldn't have happened without him and it was an important one in such a game.
I'm pretty sure that most strikers in this world cup could have attempted and failed this header. He didn't even jump particularly high. But yeah, lets say that in this specific situation, he did better than a 10 man team without any strike, what an impressive contribution!

fallengt

:lol:
Seriously, hes not our player anymore i dont care.
Just to show how stupid this system can be.

Still, a 6.5-7/10 performance is considered stellar performance for him nowadays. That shows how bad he was for United

Telsim

The people arguing do it because the notion of intent is influencing their view. It doesn't always matter, the handball in this case prevented a clear goalscoring chance
This is only taken into consideration for red cards, not penalties. If he denied a goalscoring chance he would have been given a red in addition to the penalty. He wasn't. You can't give a penalty for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity and then not give a red card. It doesn't work like that.

Which means it's not an intentional handball. Then accidental handball rules go into effect. His hand was used as support to break the fall. As per the rules, which also use an image with this exact situation, it's not a penalty.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I'm pretty sure that most strikers in this world cup could have attempted and failed this header. He didn't even jump particularly high. But yeah, lets say that in this specific situation, he did better than a 10 man team without any strike, what an impressive contribution!
I didn't say that he was impressive, far from that. But he played a role in his team's victory and that's a fact.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Since when was Inaki Williams Ghanaian? I was always under the impression that he’s Spanish and I thought he came on against Germany?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Portugal looked decent tonight. Some very good players in their squad like Dias, Cancelo, Bernardo Silva, Bruno and Rafael Leao.

3KDré

Since when was Inaki Williams Ghanaian? I was always under the impression that he’s Spanish and I thought he came on against Germany?
That was his brother. Inaki declared for Ghana.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Make of that what you will.

Kaos

Thats his brother Nico Williams. Not to be confused with the Welsh leftback Neco Williams :lol:

MUnchies

That was his younger brother that came on vs Germany, Nico Williams. Both their parents are from Ghana, kids were born in Spain. They go to Ghana often to visit grand parents.

cyberman

Still the goal wouldn't have happened without him and it was an important one in such a game.
But the goal should have happened with him, the luck after is just that. Luck. You can’t have a bad miss then say it’s ok because luck bailed you out.
It was just the typical Ronaldo miss this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Call me petty but seeing goals taken away from Ronaldo is going to massively bug him. It feels great :drool:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He wasn’t the best player on the pitch but he was better then Felix in both games.

His positioning has been great, scored a goal, linked up the play which led to the winning goal vs Ghan, had a direct influence in the first goal today.

He’s done his job. Looks better in these two games then in any game for United this season.
Yeah the last sentence is obviously accurate, in that he was terrible with us. But I still believe he's a hindrance to the overall play of Portugal, who hare much fluider without him. Which is fine for me, I don't support Portugal, but there's a lot of potential in that team that isn't being maximized.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Whats funny is that Portugal won't be rid of Santos anytime soon, he has delivered the bare minimum now, get past R16 and he will last a couple of tournaments after this.

MrEleson

:lol:
Seriously, hes not our player anymore i dont care.
Just to show how stupid this system can be.

Still, a 6.5-7/10 performance is considered stellar performance for him nowadays. That shows how bad he was for United
Yeah, no one’s calling that a stellar performance unless I missed something.

Shiva87

I was hoping for a video. I’m not necessarily saying he didn’t wave his arms. But how can we say so conclusively from this? That pic could have been from any moment in the game.
If you have a replay option, just watch the game from after the celebration. The next two minutes till Darwin takes the ball from his feet when he is about to shoot will show you.

Don’t have replays here unfortunately

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
That too. But I put emphasis on Arrascaeta. I see a lot of Flamengo games and he's magic. Put him in front of Betancur and Valverde
I know we have to do that. That's what we did late in the qualifiers to nail them. I regularly travel to Rio by the way so watch Flamengo quire a lot. He is mint.

The problem is this joker seems hellbent on dismantling anything we may construct anyway. Wasn't that bad last year, he tried hard but was rather peripheral so you appreciated the workrate and badgering. Now he has become the focal point though, which is a fecking disaster.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ronaldo will put pressure on FA to demand that goal from FIFA.
Of course that he will say to Bruno that it wasn't his call

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is only taken into consideration for red cards, not penalties. If he denied a goalscoring chance he would have been given a red in addition to the penalty. He wasn't. You can't give a penalty for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity and then not give a red card. It doesn't work like that.

Which means it's not an intentional handball. Then accidental handball rules go into effect. His hand was used as support to break the fall. As per the rules, which also use an image with this exact situation, it's not a penalty.
Just gave my opinion, not based on the rule. It was a good decision for me

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yeah the last sentence is obviously accurate, in that he was terrible with us. But I still believe he's a hindrance to the overall play of Portugal, who hare much fluider without him. Which is fine for me, I don't support Portugal, but there's a lot of potential in that team that isn't being maximized.
The potential not being maximized has more to do with the coach but I’m sure we won’t agree on that

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
That was his younger brother that came on vs Germany, Nico Williams. Both their parents are from Ghana, kids were born in Spain. They go to Ghana often to visit grand parents.
Argh… id of thought inaki would have chose Spain and could have made their squad. Wonder what made him go for Ghana… obviously it’s easier to make their squad.