Day 9: Cameroon vs Serbia | South Korea vs Ghana | Brazil vs Switzerland | Portugal vs Uruguay

Kopral Jono

The early kick-off set the tone, South Korea v Ghana with the best game in this edition thus far and two stellar performances by our guys in the latter two games (and a special mention to Pellistri) capped off an enjoyable World Cup matchday. Sunday was really good, too. It's picking up!

croadyman

The early kick-off set the tone, South Korea v Ghana with the best game in this edition thus far and two stellar performances by our guys in the latter two games (and a special mention to Pellistri) capped off an enjoyable World Cup matchday. Sunday was really good, too. It's picking up!
Can Pellistri prove himself in those cup games

Redfrog

It probably did skim his hair so he thought he had something on it.

You guys are just being so petty saying he’s mad, the man does not care. He has said it himself he can score 0 goals this tournament and Portugal win the WC and he will be the happiest he’s ever been.

Truth be told he’s looked better in these two games then any game for United this season, his attitude looks completely different because he finally looks happy. He clearly still has game and had direct influence in the opening goal
We know Ronaldo is your hero and how he did nothing wrong. Hope he goes home and makes you happy.
I am happy he left. So easy to put everything on personal bias when the guy has always been a narcissist and always about him.
Cheers.

Intent has always been a massive part of the handball rule, and in cases like the one we’ve just seen there was zero intent to handle the ball. Giving handball makes a mockery of the game.
I think the intent is lunging yourself wildly at the ball and making a hash of it. If it flicks off some other part of your body first (e.g. Martinez against Sociedad) then it's absolutely unfortunate. But in this case he would have denied a clear goal-scoring opportunity after a great bit of skill, having been completely done. I view it as mistiming a tackle.

I agree it shouldn't have been given based on the rules as they are now, I just think the handball rule is moronic (e.g. allowing the Middlesbrough goal to stand).

evil_geko

There are rumors that Vlahovic fecked Rajkovic's, his teammate, wife, everyone hates him there now and that is why he is not playing, basically atmosphere is shite. I can see easy Switzerland win if that is the case.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
What kit is this
Our warm up kit, beatiful isn't it :lol:
The seats in the team bus have the same exact pattern, I guess they told the designer to make a pattern for the bus seats but then forgot to tell him/her they would also make shirts of it :lol:

Real Name

There are rumors that Vlahovic fecked Rajkovic's, his teammate, wife, everyone hates him there now and that is why he is not playing, basically atmosphere is shite. I can see easy Switzerland win if that is the case.
Heard that one too from multiple sources.

Doracle

To be fair, it looked fairly clear to me that it flicked his hair, so it should be his goal. Hilarious that it’s been taken away from him though.

Real Name

From the replays and stills I’ve seen. Hard to be certain but it’s close enough that I’d give the player claiming to have touched it the benefit of the doubt.
From fairly certain to hard to be certain. There's no replay or image in which its certain or even remotely certain he touched it.

MrEleson

If you have a replay option, just watch the game from after the celebration. The next two minutes till Darwin takes the ball from his feet when he is about to shoot will show you.

Don’t have replays here unfortunately
Found the video btw. He was literally laughing at the whole thing.

Ronaldo even said in his interview that if Portugal won the WC without his goals he wouldn’t care, he would be the happiest man alive.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Our warm up kit, beatiful isn't it :lol:
The seats in the team bus have the same exact pattern, I guess they told the designer to make a pattern for the bus seats but then forgot to tell him/her they would also make shirts of it :lol:
I don't know if I love it or hate it.

lex talionis

From the replays and stills I’ve seen. Hard to be certain but it’s close enough that I’d give the player claiming to have touched it the benefit of the doubt.
There is no video or still photo that shows Ronaldo’s hair being touched by or in any way flicking the ball. And in fact every video shows that the ball did not change direction even in the slightest.

This is clearly a case of Ronaldo, a man for whom stats and image are paramount, attempting to claim a goal from a teammate that rightfully belonged to the teammate.

cyberman

You can’t give the benefit of the doubt to Ronaldo just because you didn’t see what he claims happened. That’s ridiculous. There’s people with bets etc riding on that

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Brazil have conceded 0 shots on target v Serbia & the Swiss.
Was about to post this and figured somebody must have had already. Possession & attack has been kind of decent, but defensive strength has been their backbone so far.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Love it whenever stuff like this comes up :lol:

To my memory the only confirmed such incident was Lentini, who actually destroyed his career by getting in a serious car accident driving up to screw his teammates' wife :lol:

evil_geko

Love it whenever stuff like this comes up :lol:

To my memory the only confirmed such incident was Lentini, who actually destroyed his career by getting in a serious car accident driving up to screw his teammates' wife :lol:
There is some serious smoke about this though, lots of sources in some Serbian circles confirming this, not just random drop info. Apparently, Rajković follows every lad in national team except Vlahović on Twitter(or was it Instagram) also. :lol:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I actually wish he had headed it as Rochet would have had a chance of saving anything other than the original cross/shot :lol: