Dayot Upamecano

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This could be our first signing:

Manchester United are close to agreeing terms with French side Valenciennes for defender Dayot Upamecano.

This is not the first time the 16-year-old has been close to joining Man United as on deadline day but a deal fell through for ‘administrative reasons’. Renewed interest from Louis van Gaal would indicate his keenness to bring the youngster to United.

As Upamecano is so young, no transfer fee can exchange hands for him but reportssay Valenciennes want £700,000 training compensation having brought him through their academy, which is quite a substantial sum given his age.
http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/04...o-agreeing-terms-with-dayot-upamecano-91664/?

Here is what happened first time round:

Manchester United’s proposed move for Dayot Upamencano is off after administrative problems stopped the transfer from being completed in time.

It was thought Man United had signed the 16-year-old from Ligue 2 side Valenciennes late on deadline day following reports from VAFC Power and Get Football News France, but La Voix du Noid now say that wasn’t the case.

United had agreed a fee and bonuses with Valenciennes after some in-depth negotiations and eventually gave him a tour of the club’s facilities, so the deal was all but done.

The reason the transfer did not go through was simply down to the administrative side not being sorted out in time, which certainly sounds like something Man United would do.

The club maintain their interest and it is possible that they will resurrect the deal in the summer. They will have to compete for Upamencano’s signature, however, as a number of European clubs are also hoping to sign the defender.
http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/02...-utd-off-after-administrative-problems-72246/

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can't find the story again but the Mail say that City and Arsenal want him as well.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Can't find the story again but the Mail say that City and Arsenal want him as well.
We fecked up 1st time round, now they know we are interested it isn't surprising that everyone else is gathering round. Either he still wants to join us and it will just go through, or he thinks we are a bunch of retards for fecking it up first time round & goes somewhere else.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I was hoping we'd get Splonky McBrillopad instead of him.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Haven't seen him play ever to be honest, didn't even hear about him until the United link. Apparently dude is a starter for the French team that qualified for the U-17 finals and ended up with more points than the Spanish U-17 team.

http://www.uefa.com/under17/season=2015/teams/team=400043/squad/index.html

But how good is he individually ? Potential Zouma/ Laporte or even Umtiti level player for the future, considering the development at his current age ?

khoazany

Haven't seen him play ever to be honest, didn't even hear about him until the United link. Apparently dude is a starter for the French team that qualified for the U-17 finals and ended up with more points than the Spanish U-17 team.

http://www.uefa.com/under17/season=2015/teams/team=400043/squad/index.html

But how good is he individually ? Potential Zouma/ Laporte or even Umtiti level player for the future, considering the development at his current age ?
Haven't watched him properly but he's freaking huge for his age.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Haven't watched him properly but he's freaking huge for his age.
Cheers man. :)

But I was looking for something more substantial than just hulking physical stature.

Charlie Foley

Dayot, Daaayot!
Time for us at last to sign Upamecano.
Daylight come and me wanna go home.

Drifter

American
According to L’Equipe the club as made a down payment of 450,000 euros for him.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
You should sign him for his surname.

Uppa me Cano

Virtuoso

He's playing right now in the Euro U17s final for France who are beating Germany 3-1 with 20 minutes left. The match is live on Eurosport.

I only started watching it a little while ago, so can't really judge but Upamecano just slipped on the ball and the commentator said "another semi-comical moment from him" - I have no idea whether that's a fair comment or not though.

France have a 17 year old PSG forward who has scored a hattrick and has 8 in the tournament overall by the way.

izec

He's playing right now in the Euro U17s final for France who are beating Germany 3-1 with 20 minutes left. The match is live on Eurosport.

I only started watching it a little while ago, so can't really judge but Upamecano just slipped on the ball and the commentator said "another semi-comical moment from him" - I have no idea whether that's a fair comment or not though.

France have a 17 year old PSG forward who has scored a hattrick and has 8 in the tournament overall by the way.
Can learn from Jones then...

jb8521

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...e-to-buy-defender-on-wednesday-announcement-i

Manchester United held a meeting on Wednesday and agreed a fee with Valenciennes to buy their young defender Dayot Upamecano, according to French newspaper L'Equipe on Friday. The fee will not exceed €450,000 say the French newspaper and personal terms have already been agreed between 16 year old Upamecano and Manchester United.

An announcement will be imminent if L'Equipe are correct about a fee being agreed and personal terms having been sorted. Arsenal agreed fees for young Lens French pair Yassin Fortune and Jeff Reine-Adelaide and those two got so excited they appeared to confirm the transfer themselves by publishing a photograph of themselves in Arsenal shirts on Thursday. Given Upamecano's failed move to Manchester United during the January window, he may wait for the club to announce things officially before parading himself in his new club's shirt like his international youth colleagues have done.

On the final day of the winter transfer window there were reports in France that a deal would be done after a fee was apparently agreed. At the beginning of February La Voix Du Nord reported that Manchester United and Valenciennes had agreed a price of €450,000, the same figure mentioned today, which had the potential to rise to €900,000. This time there's no mention of the fee potentially doubling.France Football also confirmed a transfer nearly happened and was only held off by 'administrative reasons'. Upamecano had even been given the grand tour of Old Trafford and also Manchester United's training facilities.

Upamecano shouldn't have to wait much longer.

Decotron

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...e-to-buy-defender-on-wednesday-announcement-i

Manchester United held a meeting on Wednesday and agreed a fee with Valenciennes to buy their young defender Dayot Upamecano, according to French newspaper L'Equipe on Friday. The fee will not exceed €450,000 say the French newspaper and personal terms have already been agreed between 16 year old Upamecano and Manchester United.

An announcement will be imminent if L'Equipe are correct about a fee being agreed and personal terms having been sorted. Arsenal agreed fees for young Lens French pair Yassin Fortune and Jeff Reine-Adelaide and those two got so excited they appeared to confirm the transfer themselves by publishing a photograph of themselves in Arsenal shirts on Thursday. Given Upamecano's failed move to Manchester United during the January window, he may wait for the club to announce things officially before parading himself in his new club's shirt like his international youth colleagues have done.

On the final day of the winter transfer window there were reports in France that a deal would be done after a fee was apparently agreed. At the beginning of February La Voix Du Nord reported that Manchester United and Valenciennes had agreed a price of €450,000, the same figure mentioned today, which had the potential to rise to €900,000. This time there's no mention of the fee potentially doubling.France Football also confirmed a transfer nearly happened and was only held off by 'administrative reasons'. Upamecano had even been given the grand tour of Old Trafford and also Manchester United's training facilities.

Upamecano shouldn't have to wait much longer.
Have you seen him play jb?

jb8521

Have you seen him play jb?
Yeah I saw him in a couple of the u17 Euro matches he looked good on the ball and in the air and strong and very quick. In the games I saw he covered well on a few occasions after his CB partner got caught out of position and did the Tuanzebe style thing of using his pace to run around the attacker and then using his strength to come away with the ball. Apparently he was quite shaky in the final of the tournament bur I didnt see the match. Could be quite a formidable defensive unit for the youth cup next year with Reid, Williams, Tuanzebe, Fosu Mensah and this lad if we sign him. Could do with a lb though so hopefully we get the Portuguese lad Ruben Vinagre who we were linked with a while ago.

Virtuoso

Yeah I saw him in a couple of the u17 Euro matches he looked good on the ball and in the air and strong and very quick. In the games I saw he covered well on a few occasions after his CB partner got caught out of position and did the Tuanzebe style thing of using his pace to run around the attacker and then using his strength to come away with the ball. Apparently he was quite shaky in the final of the tournament bur I didnt see the match. Could be quite a formidable defensive unit for the youth cup next year with Reid, Williams, Tuanzebe, Fosu Mensah and this lad if we sign him. Could do with a lb though so hopefully we get the Portuguese lad Ruben Vinagre who we were linked with a while ago.
That would be a very talented defensive line-up.

I watched some of the final, and then the highlights too. He was not great that day in all honesty from what I saw. He jumped into a couple of challenges, slipped on the ball and got himself booked. It was also a little concerning how both commentators mentioned about 6-7 key players for France in the tournament and did not mention Upamecano in that at all.

I wouldn't be in any position to make a judgement on him though, not seen enough and I wouldn't solely trust the opinions of commentators either. He is tall and seems to be athletic, played RCB and looked quite decent on the ball. If we have scouted him for this long then I would certainly have faith in our scouts in that we persevered to sign him despite the deal not quite going through in January. Look forward to seeing him play for the youth ranks if this deal does in fact get confirmed.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
We're really stacking up the CBs. I wonder if this and Thorpe leaving means Tuanzebe and/or Fosu-Mensah will be pushed up to the u21s full time or maybe we'll just give them all a bit of time in the u21s. Got the youth league as well so it'll be good to have the options.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
can you name the fullback with four wheel drive, smells like a steak and seats 35?

Drifter

American
Man Utd Trump Arsenal As French Defender Arrives At Carrington Ahead Of Move

As the opening of the summer transfer window approaches, managers are working hard identifying targets and lining-up potential deals so we’ll bring you all the news and gossip. Today, Man Utd close in on Arsenal target Dayot Upamecano

Manchester United appear to have beaten Arsenal to the signing of Dayot Upamecano after the French youngster took a tour of the clubs training facilities ahead of his move to Old Trafford, according to reports.

Upamecano is currently on the books at FC Valenciennes and is regarded as one of the best young prospects in French football with the 17-year-old already capped at Under-17 level for his nation.

His potential caught the eye of Premier League clubs with Arsenal, Manchester United and most recently Manchester City all understood to have been keeping a close eye on his progress last season.

United were reported to have come close to a deal during the January transfer window before Arsenal supposedly tried to muscle their way in with Arsene Wenger keen to lure his compatriot to the Emirates.

However, it appears United have now finally won the race for the players signature with the Daily Star claiming that Upamecano has arrived at their Carrington training base after a £450,000 fee was agreed with the Ligue 2 side.

The newspaper suggests that the centre-back was left impressed after being given a tour of United’s facilities and has now supposedly given the green light to complete the proposed move to Old Trafford.

Upamecano is a tall, strong defender who currently plays as a centre-back for Valenciennes and he helped France with the Under-17 European Championships last month, and this could turn out to be something of a coup for United if they have beaten Arsenal to his signature.