Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's crazy that Leipzig sit on two of the hottest CB talents in the world. We should hire their whole scouting team
Neither were unknown, it's not a matter of scouting but context. These young players want to be developed and play in a stable environment, clubs like United rarely provide that.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think it's Pau Torres we are really interested in. If that's the case though then I don't see why we can't try for him this January

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Konate it's reported wants to play in England and even changed his agent to Englishman Jonathan Barnett to help him facilitate a move to the English Premier League.

Jules Kounde is another player that we could possibly sign and he has been playing well for Sevilla but looks on the short side.

Pau Torres is another CB that we're linked with but I've never seen him play apart from YouTube highlights.

Neither were unknown, it's not a matter of scouting but context. These young players want to be developed and play in a stable environment, clubs like United rarely provide that.
exactly. And for every one of them, there’s a number who don’t make it to a high level.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
United tried to sign both players and our scouts identified both early but the development plan at the Red Bull clubs was more enticing for the youngsters.

pascell

Konate it's reported wants to play in England and even changed his agent to Englishman Jonathan Barnett to help him facilitate a move to the English Premier League.

Jules Kounde is another player that we could possibly sign and he has been playing well for Sevilla but looks on the short side.

Pau Torres is another CB that we're linked with but I've never seen him play apart from YouTube highlights.
I can see Liverpool moving for Konate if they don't want Upamecano, especially given Gomez seems quite injury prone.

Wasn't Kounde linked with City last summer and Sevilla wanted more than £70m?

I can see United trying for Torres in January, although I think he'll cost a lot, Villarreal are still in the EL and 4th in La Liga currently.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I can see Liverpool moving for Konate if they don't want Upamecano, especially given Gomez seems quite injury prone.

Wasn't Kounde linked with City last summer and Sevilla wanted more than £70m?

I can see United trying for Torres in January, although I think he'll cost a lot, Villarreal are still in the EL and 4th in La Liga currently.
Liverpool do seem to be sniffing around Konate along with Arsenal. Ornstein was quoted as saying that he will be available for between £35m to £40m. I believe he has a release clause aswell.

We've also been linked to Ben White who Brighton wanted £50m for last summer according to reports.

Kounde was valued at around £70m if reports are to be believed which put City off at the time.

pascell

Liverpool do seem to be sniffing around Konate along with Arsenal. Ornstein was quoted as saying that he will be available for between £35m to £40m. I believe he has a release clause aswell.

We've also been linked to Ben White who Brighton wanted £50m for last summer according to reports.

Kounde was valued at around £70m if reports are to be believed which put City off at the time.
Konate would be a bargain for that much, I think he's the better prospect between him and Upamecano.

I saw the links with White, Chelsea wanted him last summer didn't they?

Murray3007

Konate would be a bargain for that much, I think he's the better prospect between him and Upamecano.

I saw the links with White, Chelsea wanted him last summer didn't they?

sure he was linked with every top club in the summer then signed a new deal at brighton which i found strange, unless he wanted some experience in the premiership before he got a big move. think hes an excellent player

Nick7

sure he was linked with every top club in the summer then signed a new deal at brighton which i found strange, unless he wanted some experience in the premiership before he got a big move. think hes an excellent player
Smart by him. A year in the premier league without too much spotlight on him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I have to say I'm happy we're potentially cooling our interest in him. As a lot of people have said, Konate looks better out of the two.

I'd rather go Saliba on the cheap. For Fofana to come into Leicester and done as well he has (OK he's in a back 3), I don't know what's happened with Saliba at Arsenal, but for me he was the bigger talent at Saint-E and still has that talent.

pascell

Yeah he looks a good talent, think it was Leeds and Chelsea going mad for him in the summer.

Tapori

Konate defensively looked better but would need a proper scouting report.

Tell you what, how's this for an idea:

Have a Scout thread and assign a couple of members who volunteer to follow a couple of players entire matches.

So you'd have a shortlist of players, members volunteer and watch their games and write summaries. Would be interesting.
Konate - 4 members following - Reports.

Dante

Average bang
He doesn't look like a centreback to me.

Seems to be more in the classical sweeper mould. A bit like Sammer or, more recently, David Luiz. I don't think he'd suit a PL team that plays a back 4.

I'll admit to not having watched a huge amount of him, though.

pascell

He doesn't look like a centreback to me.

Seems to be more in the classical sweeper mould. A bit like Sammer or, more recently, David Luiz.

I'll admit to not having watched a huge amount of him, though.
Leipzig are actually reliant on his passing/carrying the ball out of the back to build attacks. I do think if we're going to persist with Maguire long term, we do need a CB who is a sweeper as well.

Water Melon

Konate defensively looked better but would need a proper scouting report.

Have a Scout thread and assign a couple of members who volunteer to follow a couple of players entire matches.

So you'd have a shortlist of players, members volunteer and watch their games and write summaries. Would be interesting.
Make a separate thread in the transfer room with this suggestion. Surely it will be a good read and tons of entertainment.

No Love

Alright, but as soon as someone details me to watch Kristoffer Olsson, I’m out.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not fussed by the one, they way we ripped him apart in the 5-0 was cause for concern and while still far from 100% secure I thought Leipzig did look more solid without him in the return game

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Konate is the real talent and seems to be going under the radar. Dayot is impressive too but he gets a lot of hype because of the RBL system. His on the ball strengths are magnified, in England in a back 4 that won’t be the case. Definitely seems more a Bayern player.

RkkMan

Its all fun and games to all people dreaming of Konate/Kounde/Torres till Utd being Utd pay a whooping 50m for Ben White cause of English and "Utd DNA"

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Its all fun and games to all people dreaming of Konate/Kounde/Torres till Utd being Utd pay a whooping 50m for Ben White cause of English and "Utd DNA"
Translation: Doesn't have a foreign name. Can't be any good.

This is the problem with our fanbase. They over rate every Tom Dick and Harry playing abroad and rip into our English lads constantly. Ben White may not even be in our plans but it seems that most of the major PL clubs have been looking at him and sending people to watch him.

pascell

Translation: Doesn't have a foreign name. Can't be any good.

This is the problem with our fanbase. They over rate every Tom Dick and Harry playing abroad and rip into our English lads constantly. Ben White may not even be in our plans but it seems that most of the major PL clubs have been looking at him and sending people to watch him.
The bolded is the fault of the media in England. The media make them fall faster than they build them up, just look at their coverage doing and after international tournaments.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If true that's poor from us. He probably had a bad half hour and we're going to judge him on that rather than the years of scouting and information we have on him?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Really worried if we're judging players over one game (rather, one half because he was really good in the first half of the match). I don't understand the argument of mobility, he's very quick for a defender. That one game RB played an insanely high line in the second half and that caused the defensive problems.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If true that's poor from us. He probably had a bad half hour and we're going to judge him on that rather than the years of scouting and information we have on him?
I think you probably answered your own question there.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Whitwell is saying that's part of the reason.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Whitwell is saying that's part of the reason.
Still silly if true. Is that any player who has a poor 45 minutes off the table then? Or just against us? Maguire was worse than Upamecano in the Spurs game and he's played more for us than anyone.

I don't buy that we'd be massively swayed by that game, and if we are that's poor from us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We have been scouting Badiashile who is younger, leftie, cheaper and looks a real talent

Status
Not open for further replies.