Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
98?!

Surely that's a typo!? That's crazy! Wow. He must be the oldest player ever!

Wait wait wait... I just googled and came across several pages hinting Upancomer is much younger than 98... Curiouser and curiouser...
I suspect they mean the ‘98-born player Upamecano’.

It is very common for young players to be addressed by their year of birth. ‘The 2000 class’ or ‘best from the 1999 group’ etc.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I suspect they mean the ‘98-born player Upamecano’.

It is very common for young players to be addressed by their year of birth. ‘The 2000 class’ or ‘best from the 1999 group’ etc.
boooo, fun sponge!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I've seen almost nothing of this fella, bar highlights, but he's ridiculous in FM. Can anyone educate me a little? And if he's as good as his highlights and FM suggests, why isn't there more hype around him?
Have him in my Dover save. Terrific signing:drool:.

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Good CB, but i prefer his teammate Konaté.

Jacob

If he's anything like Bailly, we should stay clear. We need calculated and composed defenders, not another liability.

podurban2

If he's anything like Bailly, we should stay clear. We need calculated and composed defenders, not another liability.
Just because one player said “he can be a bit rash” doesn’t mean he is anything like Bailly. Most cbs at age 20 are a bit rash.

beingshe7don

Konate does look the bigger talent.
If we could get either of Upamecano or Konate.... that would be amazing... someone who could forge a partnership with Tuanzebe for the future. Is it true that Upamecano's contract is due for expiration in 2 years and he could be avaialble for 30m?

jesperjaap

Either would be a fantastic signing in my opinion, why nobody big is being linked with either is beyond me as dont see many better centre backs about. Personally I would sign both and sell Darmain, Bailly, Rojo and Lindelof, probably pretty much £0 net spend and we would have three very good young centre backs with Tuanzabe, a very good squad option in Smalling in terms of defending.....and Phil Jones

Leipzig love young talents too, so maybe Chong, Garner even Laird on loan as part of any deal

jesperjaap

He’s a unit but a bit of a headless chicken the few times I’ve seen him play.
You must have watched the wrong games then. He is aggresive and over excitable sometimes but I wouldnt say rash and certainly not a headless chicken, far from it. He is still very young, playing in a foreign country, I think he will be a world class defender and should be right around the top of our list to sign

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Either would be a fantastic signing in my opinion, why nobody big is being linked with either is beyond me as dont see many better centre backs about. Personally I would sign both and sell Darmain, Bailly, Rojo and Lindelof, probably pretty much £0 net spend and we would have three very good young centre backs with Tuanzabe, a very good squad option in Smalling in terms of defending.....and Phil Jones

Leipzig love young talents too, so maybe Chong, Garner even Laird on loan as part of any deal
That would be a bit of a ridiculous strategy for the summer. We have so much work to do to the team and we spend all our time doing a whole defence merry-go-round just so that we can end up with no centre half over 21 in the squad.

jesperjaap

That would be a bit of a ridiculous strategy for the summer. We have so much work to do to the team and we spend all our time doing a whole defence merry-go-round just so that we can end up with no centre half over 21 in the squad.
Erm Smalling and Jones as far as I am aware are both over 21? And what is a ridiculous strategy in regards of signings two young centre backs that are already far better than all the average ones we have.....we had our worst defensive record in a very long time and we need to sign a centre back, is it such a bigger deal signings two when almost everybody doesnt think any of our centre backs are up to scratch bar Lindelof which I totally disagree with myself?

The ridiculous strategy so far this summer is actually that we havent got rid of anybody so far, we have just had two players leave on free transfers

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Erm Smalling and Jones as far as I am aware are both over 21? And what is a ridiculous strategy in regards of signings two young centre backs that are already far better than all the average ones we have.....we had our worst defensive record in a very long time and we need to sign a centre back, is it such a bigger deal signings two when almost everybody doesnt think any of our centre backs are up to scratch bar Lindelof which I totally disagree with myself?

The ridiculous strategy so far this summer is actually that we havent got rid of anybody so far, we have just had two players leave on free transfers
It’s ridiculous as it will involve about 5 deals all to the centre half area, which will take up a lot of time and resource, when we need work from back to front. The net gain isn’t worth that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Agreed

jesperjaap

It’s ridiculous as it will involve about 5 deals all to the centre half area, which will take up a lot of time and resource, when we need work from back to front. The net gain isn’t worth that.
Its ridiculous we have so much to do in two and half weeks when the squad needed an overhaul, in that sense I agree with you. We should have already done twice as much if not three times what we have done so far. We are disagreeing about 5 deals in one area, the truth as I see it, is we should have been doing over 15 deals this summer in terms of ins and outs, yet we have only done four so far, so no there isnt enough time to do what we needed to, there is barely enough time to even to the minimum we should be doing now

I think any sane fan though would have said we should be signing a centre back and getting rid of Rojo and Darmian. I actually quite like Bailly and I think I am probably in a minority not rating Lindelof whatsoever.

Red_toad

Wonderful passing range and a unit, Arsenal have been after him for a while. Certainly one to watch out for over the next few years. Could well be a top 10 central defender if he continues his development.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

So Konate and Upamecano are two of the better centre backs about.
I'd love to know what you value Darmian, Bailly, Rojo and Lindelof at? I only see real value in Lindelof here. We'd be lucky to get 30m for the first three names.

Also, if they're so good, why are no clubs wanting them?
I keep seeing these names thrown about. Same with that Joachim Anderson. So many banging on about how much better he is than Maguire, yet Lyon had a free shot at him for 25m euro

jesperjaap

So Konate and Upamecano are two of the better centre backs about.
I'd love to know what you value Darmian, Bailly, Rojo and Lindelof at? I only see real value in Lindelof here. We'd be lucky to get 30m for the first three names.

Also, if they're so good, why are no clubs wanting them?
I keep seeing these names thrown about. Same with that Joachim Anderson. So many banging on about how much better he is than Maguire, yet Lyon had a free shot at him for 25m euro
Well if I was guessing Darmian £5m, Bailly £30m, Lindelof £40m, Rojo £15m.....thats £90m

As for the names bandied about, not really seen Anderson, nor Milenkovic or whatever he is called, have followed Upamecano for a while and doing so have of course seen Konate as he plays for the same side. I do rate Maguire and am not even interested in the fees, he is of course English and has good premiership experience on his side.....but yes, I rate both as better defenders than Maguire. I did do a thread LAST summer that I got absolutely slated for with what I would like to do with our ins and outs, which is here http://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-2020-21-fm.441072/

Its a full year later almost and bar McTominay stayong and Lukaku goingand a couple of the ins I would barely change a thing and think outs wise its almost criminal virtually all those players are still here.....and yes I was lauding Bissaka, DeLigt and NDombele then who have sold for about £180m as well as Sancho and CHiesa who everyone is raving about now as well as Upamecano and Ascacibar who along with Bissaka would have been our three key signings this summer....not wishing to sound smug to all the negative feedback I got or anything :P

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Its ridiculous we have so much to do in two and half weeks when the squad needed an overhaul, in that sense I agree with you. We should have already done twice as much if not three times what we have done so far. We are disagreeing about 5 deals in one area, the truth as I see it, is we should have been doing over 15 deals this summer in terms of ins and outs, yet we have only done four so far, so no there isnt enough time to do what we needed to, there is barely enough time to even to the minimum we should be doing now

I think any sane fan though would have said we should be signing a centre back and getting rid of Rojo and Darmian. I actually quite like Bailly and I think I am probably in a minority not rating Lindelof whatsoever.
In reality, the time and effort it would take in trying to convince Leipzig to sell us both of their star centre halves in one window would be better served elsewhere. And the time and effort would likely be futile in any case, it would never happen.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Well if I was guessing Darmian £5m, Bailly £30m, Lindelof £40m, Rojo £15m.....thats £90m

I did do a thread LAST summer that I got absolutely slated for with what I would like to do with our ins and outs, which is here http://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-2020-21-fm.441072/
You got slated because your post was as your title said, very FMish.
If you rated Upamecano last season at 70m, he must have had a bad season for his value to drop. Either that, or you consider the Konate to only be worth 20m?

I could have listed them names quite easily last season.
I can also bring a new list of 'wonderkids' which could be looked back on a year later

jesperjaap

If you rated Upamecano last season at 70m, he must have had a bad season for his value to drop. Either that, or you consider the Konate to only be worth 20m?

I can also bring a new list of 'wonderkids' which could be looked back on a year later
I think they would probably cost around £45m each yes so I got his value wrong as I did others....similar to how you have probably got it totally wrong thinking Bailly, Rojo and DArmian are not even worth £30m in a world where the likes of Michael Keane have gone for the same price a good year or so ago.

Well go on then, lets see your list of players if it is so easy, would love to look back on them in a years time, who are the wonder kids you woul dsign for us given the chance?

jesperjaap

In reality, the time and effort it would take in trying to convince Leipzig to sell us both of their star centre halves in one window would be better served elsewhere. And the time and effort would likely be futile in any case, it would never happen.
At this point of the window you are probably right, we should have been doing it weeks ago. I did say ideally I woul dsign both, we should in my opinion and as I originally said though ....actually no I didnt it was the Maguire thread, either pay the Maguire fee or move on to other targets and either player should be right at the top of that list in my opinion and in terms of signing one in this window it should be a priority, though we shold have made several signings, now a quality right back has been signed, for me a quality centre back is the most important transfer we can make as we havent got one

jesperjaap

Yeah thought not, there has been 3 windows since I made that post, could have done all that business over three windows and be far better off than we are now. You like others on there have slated it and said how easily you could have named then or doen a list well come on then Mr All mouth and no trousers

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Yeah thought not, there has been 3 windows since I made that post, could have done all that business over three windows and be far better off than we are now. You like others on there have slated it and said how easily you could have named then or doen a list well come on then Mr All mouth and no trousers
Ok, so next year I'd like to get rid of Gran, De Gea and Romero and replace them we Donarumma, La Font and keep hold of henderson.
I'm thinking of using Shaw as back up, so lets sign Firpo.
Wan Bisakka is young, but I'm thinking it's be nice to get Max Aarons in for competition.
I think we need to replace most of our defenders, so I'm thinking, lets sign Ruben Dias, Milenkovic and Malang Sarr.
We need to get better than we have in defensive midfield, so lets move on Matic and bring in Ndidi and Declan Rice
Pogba wants to leave, so I'm thinking, Dani Olmo, Aouar, and Zaniolo will be good players to have.
We need somebody on the right wing, Why go for one, when we can go for two, so lets get Sancho and Under.... Maybe even Bergwijn, ya know, just cause?
We've got about 20 left wingers in the team, so luckily we don't need anybody here.
For the odd game where we decide to play with a classic number 10, lets get Kai Havertz for shits and giggles. If Ed's feeling ballsy, may even try and bring in Phil Foden
Lukaku is leaving, so we definitely need a bunch of strikers, so Greenwood, Rashford, Pellegri, Martinez and Moises kean should be enough.

------

Look, the list you made is full of good names, but it just doesn't happen like that.
You think we're just gonna sell half our side, including the people who start for us and take risk on these youngsters that may not work out.
Players don't always adapt.

The reason why I don't like your list though is, these are players you've actually found on FM. You've not spent time to actually watch these players consistently enough to form a true opinion of them.
FMs database is good, it's not always perfect, but in real life, you can't just throw 11 kids together and it just work

jesperjaap

Ok, so next year I'd like to get rid of Gran, De Gea and Romero and replace them we Donarumma, La Font and keep hold of henderson.
Wan Bisakka is young, but I'm thinking it's be nice to get Max Aarons in for competition.
I think we need to replace most of our defenders, so I'm thinking, lets sign Ruben Dias, Milenkovic and Malang Sarr.
We need to get better than we have in defensive midfield, so lets move on Matic and bring in Ndidi and Declan Rice
Pogba wants to leave, so I'm thinking, Dani Olmo, Aouar, and Zaniolo will be good players to have.
We need somebody on the right wing, Why go for one, when we can go for two, so lets get Sancho and Under.... Maybe even Bergwijn, ya know, just cause?
We've got about 20 left wingers in the team, so luckily we don't need anybody here.
For the odd game where we decide to play with a classic number 10, lets get Kai Havertz for shits and giggles. If Ed's feeling ballsy, may even try and bring in Phil Foden
Lukaku is leaving, so we definitely need a bunch of strikers, so Greenwood, Rashford, Pellegri, Martinez and Moises kean should be enough.

------

Look, the list you made is full of good names, but it just doesn't happen like that.
You think we're just gonna sell half our side, including the people who start for us and take risk on these youngsters that may not work out.

The reason why I don't like your list though is, these are players you've actually found on FM. You've not spent time to actually watch these players consistently enough to form a true opinion of them.
FMs database is good, it's not always perfect, but in real life, you can't just throw 11 kids together and it just work
I havent played FM for about 10 years and have seen every single one of those players. The only ones not regularly were Guimaraes who I only saw for the Brazil youth winning the copa america or whatever it was called and Gouri who also just saw for France youth.Have been following Ascacibar ever since the olympics, followed Bissaka ever since he broke through at Palace, Chiesa I watched out of curiosity as I remember watcing his dad for Fiorentina on c4...yes I am that old and rest were playing on Europe as far as I am aware including Upamecano who I have been following for a while now as a big fan (not looking at that list as I write this so cant remember all the names) so the reason you dont like my list isnt even a reason at all as it is factually incorrect. I didnt just name a few young players that were popular or in the press.
Finally, yes I would sell half of our side as half of our side are really poor, they simply arent good enough so why on earth would I not want to replace them (the very thing that has been beyond me with ourselves for the last 2/3 years, we cant buy players when we actually have a deep squad....of mediocrity including several players that have been here for a good 5= years and literally done nothing) and Mr Alan Hansen, no you cant win anything with kids, but I think I did state in the thread it probably wasnt realistic but by the end of this summer it would have been three windows and it would be realistic to have made all those moves by now. Three of the best club sides I can remember were mainly made up of kids all be it, kids that came through there own academies and that is the Ajax European side, our own treble winning side and Guardiolas Barcelona

WireMUFC

------

I love this :lol: you do realise this is how some people actually think, they genuinely believe it’s FM or Fifa career mode.

(I’m Not talking about the person you’re replying to specifically)

The best one I see is “Y r we buying Maguire 4 80 mil when we could have got De Ligt for 67” like they don’t actually know that if a player doesn’t want to come, he doesn’t want to come. I wish it was this simple though :lol:

Last edited:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I havent played FM for about 10 years and have seen every single one of those players. The only ones not regularly were Guimaraes who I only saw for the Brazil youth winning the copa america or whatever it was called and Gouri who also just saw for France youth.Have been following Ascacibar ever since the olympics, followed Bissaka ever since he broke through at Palace
Honestly can't really be bothered continuing after this so I'll just say I think you should be a scout for United.
You followed Bissaka ever since he broke through at Palace, and determined he was worth the same amount as De Ligt after 7 appearances for Palace.... I assume you watched the full 90mins of each game to form that opinion as any less game time and it's a bold statement.

As I said, the list of players you compiled is a good list, but if it's as easy as you say it is, why of the 9 players listed have only 3 of them moved so far?
PSG, Barca and ourselves all wanted and failed with De Ligt, so if Upamecano is as good as you say he is, why are clubs not fighting for his signature?

You're also rating Gouiri at 5m less than you rated De Ligt after 7 sub appearances for Lyon, playing a total of 76minutes, even though De Ligt has played in a Europa League final, been one of the main players in Ajax's defence and broke into the Dutch national team.

To me, thinks just don't add up, but I will shake your hand to have watched all these players on a regular basis to consider them players who would all improve United instantly.

As for prices. Of the 3 that have moved, all have cost a lot more.
If I remember rightly, Juve had a bid rejected for Chiesa at around 70m. Sancho would cost more in the region of 100m, so I don't think it would have been 'that' easy to move them on.
I'm also curious to see how we make 350m in sales in that time, considering how bad we are at selling players for a start.
Sanchez will go on a free because of his wages. Even the likes of Rojo won't go for much more than 10m as he's an idiot and probably on 120k a week

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Honestly can't really be bothered continuing after this so I'll just say I think you should be a scout for United.
You followed Bissaka ever since he broke through at Palace, and determined he was worth the same amount as De Ligt after 7 appearances for Palace.... I assume you watched the full 90mins of each game to form that opinion as any less game time and it's a bold statement.

As I said, the list of players you compiled is a good list, but if it's as easy as you say it is, why of the 9 players listed have only 3 of them moved so far?
PSG, Barca and ourselves all wanted and failed with De Ligt, so if Upamecano is as good as you say he is, why are clubs not fighting for his signature?

You're also rating Gouiri at 5m less than you rated De Ligt after 7 sub appearances for Lyon, playing a total of 76minutes, even though De Ligt has played in a Europa League final, been one of the main players in Ajax's defence and broke into the Dutch national team.

To me, thinks just don't add up, but I will shake your hand to have watched all these players on a regular basis to consider them players who would all improve United instantly.

If I remember rightly, Juve had a bid rejected for Chiesa at around 70m. Sancho would cost more in the region of 100m, so I don't think it would have been 'that' easy to move them on.
I'm also curious to see how we make 350m in sales in that time, considering how bad we are at selling players for a start.
Sanchez will go on a free because of his wages. Even the likes of Rojo won't go for much more than 10m as he's an idiot and probably on 120k a week
Dont understand why people get their knickers in a twist when it turns out others watch different types of games and follow up and coming players.

Quite a few people do it

jesperjaap

NO I didnt see every minute Bissaka played as neither did I DeLigt. As for 6 of them not moving, one was injured virtually the whole season, two are continually being linked with many big clubs, maybe the clubs dont want to sell, you have said that yourself, seriously....that leaves three, Guimaraes doesnt appear to have progressed but Ascaciba and Upamecano, I have no idea why people are not in for them, we should be.
As for criticising Gouri, he has been injured for the whole bloody season you plum.....that is enough for me to not even answer the rest of your drivel, i am done

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Why would you sell Lindelöf, sounds like a clueless post by someone who lives on FM

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I havent played FM for about 10 years and have seen every single one of those players. The only ones not regularly were Guimaraes who I only saw for the Brazil youth winning the copa america or whatever it was called and Gouri who also just saw for France youth.Have been following Ascacibar ever since the olympics, followed Bissaka ever since he broke through at Palace, Chiesa I watched out of curiosity as I remember watcing his dad for Fiorentina on c4...yes I am that old and rest were playing on Europe as far as I am aware including Upamecano who I have been following for a while now as a big fan (not looking at that list as I write this so cant remember all the names) so the reason you dont like my list isnt even a reason at all as it is factually incorrect. I didnt just name a few young players that were popular or in the press.
Finally, yes I would sell half of our side as half of our side are really poor, they simply arent good enough so why on earth would I not want to replace them (the very thing that has been beyond me with ourselves for the last 2/3 years, we cant buy players when we actually have a deep squad....of mediocrity including several players that have been here for a good 5= years and literally done nothing) and Mr Alan Hansen, no you cant win anything with kids, but I think I did state in the thread it probably wasnt realistic but by the end of this summer it would have been three windows and it would be realistic to have made all those moves by now. Three of the best club sides I can remember were mainly made up of kids all be it, kids that came through there own academies and that is the Ajax European side, our own treble winning side and Guardiolas Barcelona
:nono:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

15 deals?! You're on crack.

The overhaul was never going to happen in 1 window, nor should it. Successful clubs build teams over time, they don't just change everything and expect instant rewards.

Gordon S

I think they would probably cost around £45m each yes so I got his value wrong as I did others....similar to how you have probably got it totally wrong thinking Bailly, Rojo and DArmian are not even worth £30m in a world where the likes of Michael Keane have gone for the same price a good year or so ago.

Well go on then, lets see your list of players if it is so easy, would love to look back on them in a years time, who are the wonder kids you woul dsign for us given the chance?
I may have missed some info, but do you really think an ambitious and fairly rich club like RB Leipzig would sell two of the hottest young cb’s around for anything less than silly money?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town

I agree with the last sentence, I still don't think we've seen the best of Baillie, and I'm still to be convinced about Lindelof. I've not seen a lot of Upamecano, so sit on the fence with that one. My biggest issue was the so called DM, which has been Matic for much of the season, to slow to track players into the box, which put extra burdens on the defence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.