Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

15 deals?! You're on crack.

The overhaul was never going to happen in 1 window, nor should it. Successful clubs build teams over time, they don't just change everything and expect instant rewards.
Yeah I mean it has never worked for Guardiola has it and if I am on crack how have you managed to count 15 or is that as far as you can count?

jesperjaap

I may have missed some info, but do you really think an ambitious and fairly rich club like RB Leipzig would sell two of the hottest young cb’s around for anything less than silly money?
No, I did say ideally, do think we could buy one of them and for much less than the big deal we are being linked with

jesperjaap

I agree with the last sentence, I still don't think we've seen the best of Baillie, and I'm still to be convinced about Lindelof. I've not seen a lot of Upamecano, so sit on the fence with that one. My biggest issue was the so called DM, which has been Matic for much of the season, to slow to track players into the box, which put extra burdens on the defence.
Yes, I would kind of like to see Bailly for one more season after the early promise, but he was so awful with every opportunity last year, not sure he deserves it. Well, after Bissaka the pllayer I have most wanted us to sign is Ascacibar, I just think he would suit what we need there down to the ground even though there are technically better players

jesperjaap

He's improved a lot. His only weakness is aerially but on the floor he's very good?
Well I am in a minority, I understand that but for me he has improved from absolutely awful to really average. He was OK last year but I just dont get why people are rating him so highly (well maybe as the other defenders have been so awful). But I see somebody who is decent on the ball rather than good, seriously seems over rated in that area to me and other things I dont like too. You are right though he has improved a lot, I just dont think he can improve much more than he has and still dont think that is good enough to be our first choice centre back that he appears to be

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yeah I mean it has never worked for Guardiola has it and if I am on crack how have you managed to count 15 or is that as far as you can count?
How many times has Guardiola overseen 15 changes in 1 window?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
To use this put down is going a bit far over the line. Realistically you'd have to assume everyone in here is capable of counting to at least a thousand, and insinuating otherwise is quite disrespectful.

Eckers99

To use this put down is going a bit far over the line. Realistically you'd have to assume everyone in here is capable of counting to at least a thousand, and insinuating otherwise is quite disrespectful.
Nah it's cool. The guy doesn't even realise that you can read a number without having to count. And, based on the torrents of shit he spouts whenever he posts, he's got way bigger things to worry about than failing to offend me.

jesperjaap

Yes suggesting somebody cant count is way over the line, suggesting they are on an addictive life destroying drug is fine though,,,it was meant to be disrespectful for that very reason

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Yes suggesting somebody cant count is way over the line, suggesting they are on an addictive life destroying drug is fine though,,,it was meant to be disrespectful for that very reason
You lot need some football, silly season is getting to you. And maybe go and have a wank.

jesperjaap

You lot need some football, silly season is getting to you. And maybe go and have a wank.
Agree...on the needing football....though as things stand, think it might be more painful than enjoyable with what we have done in the market so far

jesperjaap

How many times has Guardiola overseen 15 changes in 1 window?
As you are so much into your numbers:

He did 12 last year, 18 the year before and 14 the year before that, so he is 1 deal shy of averaging 15 deals every year he has been at the club before this one.

He has cleared out the players he doesnt like at virtually every club he has been at right back to the likes of Deco and Ronadhino at Barcelona and bought in his own.

As your 15 deals you said I had done didnt correlate to either the ins or outs, I did presume you were talking about both in and out, even though that didnt add up either but if you wish to keep responding with factually incorrect statements and childish insults keep on going

Eckers99

As you are so much into your numbers:

He did 12 last year, 18 the year before and 14 the year before that, so he is 1 deal shy of averaging 15 deals every year he has been at the club before this one.

He has cleared out the players he doesnt like at virtually every club he has been at right back to the likes of Deco and Ronadhino at Barcelona and bought in his own.

As your 15 deals you said I had done didnt correlate to either the ins or outs, I did presume you were talking about both in and out, even though that didnt add up either but if you wish to keep responding with factually incorrect statements and childish insults keep on going
Got a link to these figures?

jesperjaap

Got a link to these figures?
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/alletransfers/verein/281

Sorry this thread is getting derailed but there is the link. We are here to talk about Upamecano. I put my transfer link to show I really would like us to sign him and ideally his fellow centre back as I think both are top quality, better value and cheaper than Maguire, who I dont mind us signing let me make that clear. I also think we should be in for the likes of Ascacibar as the ideal defensive midfielder over the likes of Longstaff who to be fair I have seen little of....but again as from what I have I think Ascacibar is more suited to what we need, cheaper and a top top young player.

But Upamecano in conclusion should for me be right at the top of our targets even if we did sign Maguire. Its a bit of a lazy comparison just because he is black, a big build and powerful, but he does remind me of a young Sol Campbell when he was at Spurs....and he went on to be world class, Upamecano has that abililty too

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I've never seen such a classless insult, to suggest he can count, but only up to a particularly low number. Very harsh mate, brutal.

Eckers99

I've never seen such a classless insult, to suggest he can count, but only up to a particularly low number. Very harsh mate, brutal.
It's inevitable with some posters. They live in a fantasy, a place where an entirely new team in hammered into place over the course of a summer. The minute you puncture even the slightest hole in the blustering, brain-wrong that is their juvenile logic, they get flustered and dig themselves deeper. Just sit back and enjoy it. It's funny.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It's inevitable with some posters. They live in a fantasy, a place where an entirely new team in hammered into place over the course of a summer. The minute you puncture even the slightest hole in the blustering, brain-wrong that is their juvenile logic, they get flustered and dig themselves deeper. Just sit back and enjoy it. It's funny.
I'm not sure what all that means. I just thought his insult was way over the line. Can't count, pfft.

jesperjaap

Absolutely, at least you are now not using numbers as you saw the Guardiola transfer history link, you are generalising instead, even though it is still the same argument you are still claiming to be fantasy.

Not only can you not count you cant even change direction and back to the insults....brain-wrong haha you are continuing the same line of attack without any substance, going round in a circle and back to the same point, you really are a clock

Eckers99

Absolutely, at least you are now not using numbers as you saw the Guardiola transfer history link, you are generalising instead, even though it is still the same argument you are still claiming to be fantasy.

Not only can you not count you cant even change direction and back to the insults....brain-wrong haha you are continuing the same line of attack without any substance, going round in a circle and back to the same point, you really are a clock
Yeah, about that link. Good to see you're using loans, unknown fringe players and youth signings to back up you're ridiculous assertion that Guardiola routinely churns through 15 players every summer. As if Guardiola, a manager ridiculed round here for being unique in how much he spends, is anything other than an outlier in this debate anyway. It isn't the norm. It's just the most convenient way for you to justify your delusion.

And there's one thing I could count pretty easily, the number of times you've been anything other than a blundering moron on any given subject.

I look forward to ignoring your response.

jesperjaap

Yeah, about that link. Good to see you're using loans, unknown fringe players and youth signings to back up you're ridiculous assertion that Guardiola routinely churns through 15 players every summer. As if Guardiola, a manager ridiculed round here for being unique in how much he spends, is anything other than an outlier in this debate anyway. It isn't the norm. It's just the most convenient way for you to justify your delusion.

And there's one thing I could count pretty easily, the number of times you've been anything other than a blundering moron on any given subject.

I look forward to ignoring your response.
You actually genuinely really cant count can you. Didnt include a single loan in any of those numbers. You said give me an example of anybody doing 15 deals in a season it is fantasy, I gave you an example of somebody averaging it in the last three years virtually, with a very successful side. I could give you countless other examples. Also ridiculing how much he spends when he hasnt spent as much on any player as we have on the terrible Lukaku and without working it out (as it is pointless actually giving you facts), I doubt his net spend at City is very different to ours in the last few years.

You seem to keep insulting me, now like blundering moron, just after presenting an incorrect statement of fact. If you were just arguing with a different opinion, that would be fine, we dont all have to think the same but no, you keep going around in that circle with an inability to actually count or actually present anything to back up your opinion.

I dont look forward to your next response as I wont even be reading it, you are now boring me with your churlish Groundhog day responses

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Rumours he could be available for £40m. Be gutted if he goes to Arsenal. I reckon he'd be an excellent partner for Maguire.

OleGunnar20

Rumours he could be available for £40m. Be gutted if he goes to Arsenal. I reckon he'd be an excellent partner for Maguire.
Agreed, always looked a top class prospect to me.

Although, konate has been the more impressive of the pair from what I understand? Haven't watched enough to make a proper judgement really.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
William Saliba joins next summer, I don’t think they will be interested. Or at least they shouldn’t.

BlueHaze

William Saliba joins next summer, I don’t think they will be interested. Or at least they shouldn’t.
Why shouldn't they be interested if he's available for 40m? Even with Saliba joining he's still better than both Luiz and Sokratis.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why shouldn't they be interested if he's available for 40m? Even with Saliba joining he's still better than both Luiz and Sokratis.
He might well be, but stockpiling on top talent in at CB is probably the hardest place to do it — players at their age need consistent game time to iron out inevitable mistakes and continue their player growth. It would be pretty tough to nurture the talents of an 18 year old and a 21 year old CB consecutively, unless they go all balls to the wall and get both of them in there as starting CBs and completely bin or demote the likes Luiz/Mustafi/Sokratis.

Just think it would be more beneficial to the club (and player) for Saliba to be the one they wean in completely before they start looking at other CB prospects to add to the pot.

For instance, Juventus have De Ligt and Demiral - two top tier CB talents - but Demiral is unfortunate in that he has only had 3 Serie A games this season.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Agreed, always looked a top class prospect to me.

Although, konate has been the more impressive of the pair from what I understand? Haven't watched enough to make a proper judgement really.
Whenever Ive seen them, Konate always impresses me more as well to be honest.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
First time I've seen him tonight, looks like a younger Koulibaly

Bit of a beast tonight

JohnnyLaw

Only 1 year left on his contract in the summer, hopefully we’ll be looking at him.
His injury history would be a concern for me though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He impressed me tonight. Pretty sure impressed lot of people not just me. Still young but already looks like an experienced one.

However, let’s be real, we ain’t signing a centre back this summer, very unlikely. I think our budget will be around 100m slightly more or less, and we‘ll use it to sign Sancho.

Any additional money will only be used for someone like backup striker (Ighalo for example) and young talented for future player with no more than 30m (Bellingham for example).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Bayern want him and Havertz according to the very reliable Kicker magazine. We should honestly target his French compatriot who is currently out injured Ibrahima Konate. Konate is physically more dominant, better in the air and just as quick and would suit us better. Konate is also stastically the best CB in the German Bundesliga at bringing the ball out from the back.

Posh Red

Bayern want him and Havertz according to the very reliable Kicker magazine. We should honestly target his French compatriot who is currently out injured Ibrahima Konate. Konate is physically more dominant, better in the air and just as quick and would suit us better. Konate is also stastically the best CB in the German Bundesliga at bringing the ball out from the back.
I have him in my Fifa team and can confirm the above is all true

Status
Not open for further replies.