Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

I saw he didn't play yesterday. Was he injured and if so, how bad is it?

Edit: Apparently a pulled hamstring at the end of the PSG game. Wasn't called up for France anyway due to poor form, so should be fine once the break is over.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
When Chelsea were linked with this guy, I didn't really see him as much of an upgrade on Zouma, or even Tomori/Christensen. He looked good but a huge work in progress whenever I watched him Leipzig.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We need someone fast, physical and good in the air. Not sure if this is the guy we want.
well he’s fast and physical and decent in the air, so maybe he is?

Like WeePat says - he is a work in progress, but has the tools to be an impressive defender. A lot of the best central defenders don’t hit the heights till their late 20’s and then go on to play at a high level till their mid 30’s. So yes he’s got a lot of work to do to get there.

He certainly can have poor games for Leipzig, but that goes for many younger defenders.

Konaté is a talent also, and maybe does have the higher upside as it where. Although he isn’t back up to speed from his rather long injury layoff yet. Given the choice of 1 of them I’d pick Upamecano right now. But in a couple years, maybe Konaté will prove to be even better.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Edit: Apparently a pulled hamstring at the end of the PSG game. Wasn't called up for France anyway due to poor form, so should be fine once the break is over.
If Lindelof made this mistake, he’d be mauled by redcafe but it’s a hipster like Upamacano so who cares!

Jaxa

Boateng apparently leaving Bayern in the summer and Bayern will go for Upamecano as a replacement , from the highly reliable Bayern transfer Journo Christian Falk, could see it happening tbf, would be a good move for both parties unfortunately.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
How? They barely afforded Thiago and needed favourable terms to afford Jota
Their owner will have to loan them money.

Teams will attack Liverpool way more now, which will lead to domino effect injuries higher up the pitch as midfield and front 3 will have to work harder and run more.

Now with Gomez and VVD out for majority of season, and with their PL and CL desires, they need a quality new centre back, else top 4 may even become difficult.

Bwuk

Their owner will have to loan them money.

Teams will attack Liverpool way more now, which will lead to domino effect injuries higher up the pitch as midfield and front 3 will have to work harder and run more.

Now with Gomez and VVD out for majority of season, and with their PL and CL desires, they need a quality new centre back, else top 4 may even become difficult.
Top 4 difficult? Liverpool will still hammer most sides. If sides attack them they’ve got so much going forward to kill anyone on the counter.

beingshe7don

What the caf's take on Jules Kounde? Last season was his first for Sevilla. The team conceded the third least number of goals (34) in the la liga and ended up winning the Europa League. He looks like a no nonsense kinda defender. He's quick and can dribble with the ball. Was also on the radar of Pep and City. He doesn't seem to have any long standing injuries. Could he work well with Maguire or Tuanzebe? Yes, he's only 6'0 and it seems like we're looking at 6'2 and above at CB but he does give me the vibes of someone who can flourish in the PL.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Phil Jones esque

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Not that impressed from what I have seen, but the hype around this guy shows that there is a real lack of top class CBs these days. Old players like Thiago Silva or Ramos still starting games for big clubs is also kind of a prove for that.
This leads to inflated prices like we have seen with Maguire.
Maybe this is due to the fact that CB has become the most complex position to play in the modern game, at least this is my impression. Being quick, physical strong and good in the air is still mandatory, but you need to show great reading of the game, quick decision making and be able to play perfect passes when permanently pressed.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not that impressed from what I have seen, but the hype around this guy shows that there is a real lack of top class CBs these days. Old players like Thiago Silva or Ramos still starting games for big clubs is also kind of a prove for that.
This leads to inflated prices like we have seen with Maguire.
Maybe this is due to the fact that CB has become the most complex position to play in the modern game, at least this is my impression. Being quick, physical strong and good in the air is still mandatory, but you need to show great reading of the game, quick decision making and be able to play perfect passes when permanently pressed.
I don’t agree entirely, I’d say there’s potentially a lot of great CBs around but with the constant scrutiny, they’re not being allowed to develop at their own pace. Every mistake is being highlighted etc.

If we went back and analysed Rio at that age and made the same hasty judgements, we’d never buy him.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I don’t agree entirely, I’d say there’s potentially a lot of great CBs around but with the constant scrutiny, they’re not being allowed to develop at their own pace. Every mistake is being highlighted etc.

If we went back and analysed Rio at that age and made the same hasty judgements, we’d never buy him.
Who are these players? CB is possibly the hardest position to find even very good players in these days. I mean, look at the state of the CB's in England alone. Silva has come in aged 36 and he is now possibly the 2nd or best CB in the country as VVD is injured (Laporte is the only other one close to him.)

Problem at CB is that in and around 2009 (peak tika taka) every academy started to try to turn their development boys into Rio/Pique type CB's in which they prioritised ball playing ability. This was all well and good but that meant that skills such as reading the game and using your physicality to dominate went to the wayside (Rio could do this but that is because he learnt it whilst developing and his ball playing skills came from being a naturally gifted footballer).

This is why we now have tons of defenders who can move the ball well but end up looking awful under pressure. This is also how someone like Maguire ends up costing £80m as put him in a low block team and he looks great as he is more of a throw back.

I mean VVD is a very good defender but I wouldn't have him in the same category as either Rio or Terry (this is partly due to longevity) but as there are so few decent CB's in world football now, he is thought of by some as the best CB of all time.

Bestietom

What about this CB from Braga ( David Carmo). He is a left footer 6' 5" and only 21 years old. Scouts have been in touch and are watching him now. Know anything about him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What about this CB from Braga ( David Carmo). He is a left footer 6' 5" and only 21 years old. Scouts have been in touch and are watching him now. Know anything about him.
Only what I've read and seen on Youtube. Like a lot of Cbs, he looks promising.

Kostov

Who are these players? CB is possibly the hardest position to find even very good players in these days. I mean, look at the state of the CB's in England alone. Silva has come in aged 36 and he is now possibly the 2nd or best CB in the country as VVD is injured (Laporte is the only other one close to him.)

Problem at CB is that in and around 2009 (peak tika taka) every academy started to try to turn their development boys into Rio/Pique type CB's in which they prioritised ball playing ability. This was all well and good but that meant that skills such as reading the game and using your physicality to dominate went to the wayside (Rio could do this but that is because he learnt it whilst developing and his ball playing skills came from being a naturally gifted footballer).

This is why we now have tons of defenders who can move the ball well but end up looking awful under pressure. This is also how someone like Maguire ends up costing £80m as put him in a low block team and he looks great as he is more of a throw back.

I mean VVD is a very good defender but I wouldn't have him in the same category as either Rio or Terry (this is partly due to longevity) but as there are so few decent CB's in world football now, he is thought of by some as the best CB of all time.
Yeah 2nd or maybe 12th best now so sure about that...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Boateng apparently leaving Bayern in the summer and Bayern will go for Upamecano as a replacement , from the highly reliable Bayern transfer Journo Christian Falk, could see it happening tbf, would be a good move for both parties unfortunately.
Christian Falk is the complete opposite of reliable. He’s considered a joke among the Bayern fans.

Jaxa

Christian Falk is the complete opposite of reliable. He’s considered a joke among the Bayern fans.
I mean that's completely bs and when you say bayern fans you mean 14 year olds on twitter right with a football player as their profile picture, the guy clearly has connections to bayern, interviewed a lot of their players, gets the odd 1 or 2 things wrong compared to the 40 he gets right and is called a fraud,

It's similar to Fabrizio, people calling for his head because he said Sancho had agreed terms with United (in which he probably did) but because our useless board can't make things happen you have people on twitter actually blaming him for not signing for United and calling him a fraud ! It's utter madness.

macheda14

Really??? I thought he was quite reputable and considered tier 1 when it comes to Bundesliga generally and Bayern especially
From what Bundesliga fans say on reddit he is pretty much only reliable for Bayern. He has connections to Bayern and breaks news from them quite early, however he does make mistakes like saying Thiago had signed a new deal and wouldn’t be going to Liverpool. He does not know much about other clubs and Dortmund and Leverkusen fans were calling him out all summer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I mean that's completely bs and when you say bayern fans you mean 14 year olds on twitter right with a football player as their profile picture, the guy clearly has connections to bayern, interviewed a lot of their players, gets the odd 1 or 2 things wrong compared to the 40 he gets right and is called a fraud,

It's similar to Fabrizio, people calling for his head because he said Sancho had agreed terms with United (in which he probably did) but because our useless board can't make things happen you have people on twitter actually blaming him for not signing for United and calling him a fraud ! It's utter madness.
It’s not BS, you’re desperately uninformed. It isn’t even remotely similar to people wrongly accusing Romano of not having sources, Bayern fans have been calling him out constantly. He’s got a damn sight more than one or two things wrong. If you’d like to believe him that’s up to you.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
From what Bundesliga fans say on reddit he is pretty much only reliable for Bayern. He has connections to Bayern and breaks news from them quite early, however he does make mistakes like saying Thiago had signed a new deal and wouldn’t be going to Liverpool. He does not know much about other clubs and Dortmund and Leverkusen fans were calling him out all summer.
I heard of him for the first time this summer. Not a fan of the magazine since I despise Bild so others might've known him but I can safely say that he's not a capacity or anything like that. That being said, there's not so much fuss around insiders in Germany anyway. Most fans over here read sports magazines and websites or watch Sky News or something like that instead of visiting Twitter when they look up information surrounding transfer rumors. We're a little slow on that front. So if someone says an insider is a tier 1 source in Germany, you can almost safely assume he's talking bullshit.

A-man

A bit stupid yellow to take, in centre of the pitch, and now suspended for their most important game of the season.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's a United fan and got booked so his team is weaker against us.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Ornstein saying that Upamecano is leaning towards Bayern and United have cooled their interest in the player.

flappyjay

Don't want to lie, I have only seen him in 2 full games. 1 for France and the other vs us. Both times I was severely unimpressed. Both games could have been off days for him. But as someone has mentioned konate looks the deal.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

Ornstein saying that Upamecano is leaning towards Bayern and United have cooled their interest in the player.
That was always the case for me. If was said even last season that Bayern was his preferred choice and for Bayern it makes complete sense to go for him as a replaceable for Boateng.

Both are incredibly similar players. Big, strong, quick (atleast Boateng was in his prime) over long distances and really good at passing from the back.

Boateng was probably the better passer, but that is something Upamecano can learn on in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.