Television DAZN - The "Netflix of Sports"

Kant-ona

Has anyone already a DAZN-subscription? For those you do not know: DAZN is trying to become something like the "Netflix of Sports". They just started two or three days ago and bought the rights on the premier league next season for Middle Europe. (So SKY Germany lost the Premier League rights.)

They have also the rights on (some or all matches) from La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, K League, Scottish Premiership and so on. And they also have NBA, Tennis, Rugby and NFL. You pay 9,99 per month.

Just to mention it: This post is NOT an advertising for this site. But maybe we can exchange some of our experiences. I just get a subscription. It will be interesting to see the quality of their live performances on the premier league. SKY was good imo. But DAZN is much cheapier than SKY ever was.

Anyone has it already?

Siorac

I see it's currently only available in Germany, Austria and Switzerland so not many posters here will know anything about it.

Kant-ona

I see it's currently only available in Germany, Austria and Switzerland so not many posters here will know anything about it.
Oh, I didn't know that. I thought it would work in the whole of europe at least and that they only have the premier league rights for the three german speaking countries. Interesting though that the owners of dazn are from the U.K. Maybe they will try to start in other countries sooner or later. We will see.

For the germanspeaking United fans, it's a good thing: You can watch the whole premier league (and a lot more) for less money than last season.

Hal9000

Would certainly get it if it came to the UK and kept that same price point. I don't watch enough TV to get Sky and to justify the price, and you can't get BT Sport separately from Sky or there Broadband deals.

I don't think Premier League rights is up till 2018 here anyway, so long time coming. So without that they probably don't have the catalyst to be in the UK with other sports.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Won't come to France for a little while I shouldn't think, the rights have just been bought by SFR for 4 years so Canal + who had them traditionnally have lost them. Never heard of DAZN.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I will purchase this if it comes available in Norway. Our package is gradually getting worse, while they continuously raise prices.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Surely you could use a VPN from the UK / US to access it?
That's what I am hoping for, but I believe they said you need a billing address in that country. Not sure how they can prove you don't live at that address if you give a fake though.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
That's what I am hoping for, but I believe they said you need a billing address in that country. Not sure how they can prove you don't live at that address if you give a fake though.
Your card will be checked against the billing address when you pay and the bank will immediately confirm whether it's correct or not.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Your card will be checked against the billing address when you pay and the bank will immediately confirm whether it's correct or not.
I see, makes sense. Well atleast this year we will be more than likely on TV being Thursday/Sunday once the Europa kicks in.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I like United matches spread across as many channels/companies as possible so I have to pay for loads of them or maybe just one and then still barely get to see any football. So for that reason, this would be great for me.

Kant-ona

I just read the owner of DAZN, Perform group, will try to go into more countries in the near future. However, England itself is a difficult market, I guess. It's easier to buy the Premier League rights in a country as Germany or Japan than in England. (DAZN for example failed to buy the Bundesliga rights for the German market.)

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'll be testing it out starting this Sat.

One thing, whilst they have NFL, they won't be showing any Sunday games (here in Germany at least) rather the NFL redzone channel.

Kant-ona

One thing, whilst they have NFL, they won't be showing any Sunday games (here in Germany at least) rather the NFL redzone channel.
NFL Sunday games will stay at Pro 7 Maxx as far as I know in Germany. Also in Oberbayern. ;)

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Perform have the rights already to pretty much every sport going. I use another of their software called 'watch and trade' but it's a bit more expensive at around £5000 a month.
It should be available to uk customers at some point I'd imagine. They don't have rights to sky streams but they can stream foreign streams of English games as they currently do.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Could someone post an overview of the whole package (in Germany)?
Is it every Pl game one can watch? And what about the NBA? What games will they broadcast? A game every night, a game every weekend? Same question goes for tennis, only the grand slams etc?

ctp

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think this is fantastic. The Sky package including PL has been quite expensive.

And I think they will also Show La Liga, Serie A etc.

justboy68

One thing for sure if you want to buy the Premier League rights in the UK then you're going to have to charge a lot more than £9.99 a month to get a viable business model. For that reason folks in the UK won't be seeing too much benefit from this in the near future.

Perform have the rights already to pretty much every sport going. I use another of their software called 'watch and trade' but it's a bit more expensive at around £5000 a month.
Just a tad. Does it give out the lottery numbers in advance?

Kasper

Supports

Kant-ona

Alright, the PL offer is amazing and probably worth the money on its on. Still couldn't figure out which NBA games and tennis stuff is included. Especially NBA would be quite interesting to know.
If you register, the first month is for free. So you could try it during NBA season to really see which matches they are able to present.

Untied

One thing for sure if you want to buy the Premier League rights in the UK then you're going to have to charge a lot more than £9.99 a month to get a viable business model. For that reason folks in the UK won't be seeing too much benefit from this in the near future.
If people hadn't voted to leave the EU we'd be heading towards an EU wide digital single market. If we stay in the EEA we still will.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Just a tad. Does it give out the lottery numbers in advance?
:lol: There's zero latency on the streams, it's ahead of every single tv broadcaster so it gives me a small edge over the rest of viewers in the world by about 3 seconds. It's also very occasionally ahead of bookmakers in terms of corners and goals so can make free money every now and then.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
How much would be a fair price, in the UK for all of the coverage of Sky/BT a month do people think?

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
How much would be a fair price, in the UK for all of the coverage of Sky/BT a month do people think?
I don't think it'll ever be an issue unfortunately. This company won't be able to compete with SKY/BT for Premier League rights in England and there is no way they'll allow an online supplier.

Kasper

Supports
What is people's experience with this so far? I'm now in my second month (first was free, now I had to pay 10€) and I like it. It gives you a lot for little money, especially for people who watch a lot of different sports. They've the PL, La Liga, Seria A, you can watch a lot of NFL (Thursday game, Monday game and redzone on Sunday), plenty of NBA games as well as a lot of small sports (NHL, handball, Darts, etc.).
Two negative things for me are:
- Commentators are often really clueless, I remember watching United a month ago and both of them were discussing for 5 minutes if Mourinho has left Mkhitaryan out of the squad to send a message while he was simply injured.
- They're coverage of certain leagues not being 100% can be quite annoying. For example I'd like to see the Hawks-76ers game on Saturday because it's on of the few NBA games at European prime time but they don't show it yet they show Memphis-Minnesota at 2am the night before.

I probably won't keep it since 10€/month is not nothing for a student like me but I might get it again for the NBA playoffs/football season finals.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
One of my students wants to get this but is worried about using her credit card. Is it safe?

Baxter

10 Euros! Even paying for a VPN in addition makes it cheaper than what Im paying now. Ill definitely check this out.

Anyone tried this with foreign Credit Cards? Or Entropay?
I'm interested in this. If I get a VPN, is there a way to make a payment from the UK?

Kasper

Supports
Apparently they now got CL coverage rights as well (together with Sky) in Germany from 2018 on (source kicker).
Will be interesting if and when they're going to increase the subscription as 10€/month is still really cheap

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
How is selling tv rights for each country separately still a thing? Isn't that against EU law?
Edit: Not actually the selling, but DAZN is a good example. You can't get it in most of the EU countries. Isn't that some kind of selective distribution system?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
10€/month is about what I'd be willing to pay for coverage of every league and every cup in Europe. Make it happen!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How is selling tv rights for each country separately still a thing? Isn't that against EU law?
Edit: Not actually the selling, but DAZN is a good example. You can't get it in most of the EU countries. Isn't that some kind of selective distribution system?
Brexit means BREXIT