Television DAZN - The "Netflix of Sports"

Bebe

Interesting update today in Germany. Over the last 5 years the costs have slowly moved from 10€/month with monthly cancellation policy to now 15€/month.
But today they announced that from February 1st, new customers and returning subscribers will pay EUR 29.99 per month - with monthly cancellation. In the case of an annual subscription, which can optionally be paid in monthly installments, it is now 24.99 euros per month. Customers receive the cheapest offer overall if they pay for the annual subscription (EUR 274.99 = ~EUR 23/month) in advance. All existing DAZN subscribers will keep their current price until July 31, 2022. The same applies to all fans who sign up or reactivate their DAZN membership by January 31st.

So 50% increase over the last 5 years to now 100% increase within a year for the monthly option. Overall still a good deal (also because you can share and watch at the same time) but this is getting quickly into Sky territory. I'm pretty sure this means that they'll heavily bid for getting the PL back which they didn't have the last 3 years.
Business model for every online service seems the same. Uber, food delivery, Netflix etc. Come in at rock bottom prices, get a bunch of subscribers, then jack the prices once you've acquired enough market share.

Chief123

Anyone wanting to watch premier league football, Dazn sport is a must. You can get 12 month subscriptions from discord for £20. Every premier league game. No brainer. Can even rewind or check goals you missed while watching live.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Anyone wanting to watch premier league football, Dazn sport is a must. You can get 12 month subscriptions from discord for £20. Every premier league game. No brainer. Can even rewind or check goals you missed while watching live.
But then you’re giving money to dazn

Art

Art the artist
Dazn no longer carrying premier league in Canada and have to get fubo tv for premier league and bundesliga whilst dazn has champions league and Europa. That’s about 400$ a year to watch football :/

jem

Dazn no longer carrying premier league in Canada and have to get fubo tv for premier league and bundesliga whilst dazn has champions league and Europa. That’s about 400$ a year to watch football :/
Yeah it's annoying. Must say thought that Fubo app has been working very smoothly for me today, much more so than DAZN ever did (had constant buffering issues).

Chief123

Yeah it's annoying. Must say thought that Fubo app has been working very smoothly for me today, much more so than DAZN ever did (had constant buffering issues).
Fubo TV is excellent! They’ve got the rights for all the games now. £35 for a year is too good to refuse.

Dazn worked flawlessly for me too. A big factor will be the vpn you use with it.

Chief123

DM me if you are interested in Fubo Tv for educational purposes only. The educational institution charge £35 per year to study with them.