Television DC Stargirl

Sylar

SO.... Anybody watching this :lol:

From what i understand it will be on DC Universe streaming channel (?), followed by CW the next day.

Based on Crisis on infinity, it will be on a different earth to the Arrowverse (but I imagine it will come into arrow verse one day during crossover)
Im glad its on a different earth anyway (tbh, so are doom patrol and titans so they never ever have to cross over)

Havent seen it just yet, but im hearing good things about it (so far)
Im sure you all just love more comic based content :)

evil_geko

I thought of giving this a skip because I thought it was from CW for some reason and I am done with giving anything CW a chance, they are going from bad to worse.

I will give this a shot.

Sylar

How many of these CW-universe shows are there now? Arrow, Flash, Batwoman, Supergirl, Stargirl?
I think Stargirl doesnt really count as its separate and on a different 'universe'
With Arrow finished, its:
Flash, Legends, Supergirl, Batwoman and Black lightning.

BL and Legends are easily the best ones. The other range from decent to should have skipped that. Flash has had the biggest downturn unfortunately. Arrow had one too around s3 but at least it managed to have a great season 5.

AaronRedDevil

Unless it's from a proper company and not this pg shite from CW, I'll give every show they make a miss. After crisis it's over. Netflix need to do more superhero shows. Go for the DC ones. God knows they need some good publicity for a change.

evil_geko

Unless it's from a proper company and not this pg shite from CW, I'll give every show they make a miss. After crisis it's over. Netflix need to do more superhero shows. Go for the DC ones. God knows they need some good publicity for a change.
This isn't from CW though, it is from DC WB.

Drifter

American
Thought this would be crap ,being linked to CW and all. But it seems to be getting good reviews and does not fit into anything CW as done before. May give it a watch.

Sylar

Gave this a binge the last two days. Its really enjoyable. Better than Flash, Batwoman, Supergirl easily. The characters are all good, acting is decent. Has Amy Smart and Luke Wilson (the latter is quite good imo)

I like the villains of the show as they arent just pure villains. Theres reason behind what happens.

It has the things you expect with some stupid stuff happening to advance plots, but can be excused when its the teenagers doing (its normally just them being emotional).

Bit weird having a 21 year old playing a 15 or 16 year old, but then having an outfit showing off her midriff / waist and wearing shorts.

Will defo watch s2.

Drifter

American
Very good pilot episode. The plot was a bit generic, but the fight scenes, villains, CGI were not. Felt like a movie at times. Now it moves over to CW for season 2. Let's hope the high standards and budget are kept up, but I doubt it.

Sylar

Very good pilot episode. The plot was a bit generic, but the fight scenes, villains, CGI were not. Felt like a movie at times. Now it moves over to CW for season 2. Let's hope the high standards and budget are kept up, but I doubt it.
That's my worry. If everything stays same but network it will be fine though

Btw it gets better
Plot seemed better the more you watch but I get the generic point

Sylar

John Wesley Shipp will play flash / jay Garrick in s2. So I guess the first crossover for this show? Probably be a flashback but the first link to the arrow verse

Drifter

American
Really enjoyed this season, much darker than I thought it would be. The Villain was very good alongside the shade. Fight scenes were very well done, and the finale was well executed, and the ending sets it up nicely for season 3. It just does not feel like a CW show.

choccy77

I watched the 1st episode of season 2 when it came out and saved the rest of season 2 to binge at some stage.

Too many shows currently to watch.