Television DC Universe Doom Patrol

Drifter

American
Never heard of them ,but they looked decent in a Titans episode . As a Watchmen feel to it. Pilot Episode out now

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So it’s the x-men on acid.

Oldyella

Will catch it on netflix when it arrives. I shit on Titans trailers and that was good when I got to watch it.

April Bowlby is an absolute stunner too and always seemed to have good comedic chops in two and a half men, hopefully she gets plenty to do.

Ekeke

Actually good so far

I like the fact that they arent going around murdering people all the time like in Titans, the humour is fairly good unlike Umbrella Academy and 2 episodes in I already like and care about several characters. Hope it doesnt dip in quality

Andersons Dietician

Can’t really get in to this, only character that is intresting is Jane. Cyborg looks awful, no way he transitions over to Titans, it’s just not that funny or really all that intresting.

Andersons Dietician

So this has kind of had a turn around for me. It’s gotten a bit crazy and the breaking of the 4th wall is adding something different.

Jane is awesome, such a good character but then given she has 60+ personalities no wonder. Hammerhead is the best.

Drifter

American
One of the weirdest ,funniest, most original superhero or non superhero TV shows out there. Absolutely love it.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I just found out I have this on HBO go, this is so fecking great, 7 episodes in but it's so absurd at times it's just brilliant.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
One of the weirdest ,funniest, most original superhero or non superhero TV shows out there. Absolutely love it.
I just found out I have this on HBO go, this is so fecking great, 7 episodes in but it's so absurd at times it's just brilliant.
Yes, indeed. Might become my No. 1 in 2019. How can you not like robotman?

Loon

:lol:
I loved the old Morrison comic book and this has got Timothy Dalton in it. Think I'm in.

Web of Bissaka

I didn't realize there's season 2. Just starting watching that.

Season 1 is awesome!
I like this series the most than the other DC series. I think the best part of this series are the characters, casting, delivery/acting-performances, superpowers focused, family aspects and comedy elements. This show doesn't take itself seriously and focus more on being fun and entertain audience. The story and plot is crazy but fun :D really unique. And best of all, it doesn't ignore their superpowers and instead explore it every episodes, as any superheroes series should but mostly don't.

:drool: And this one have Cyborg!
Vic, Rita and Jane are the best characters here. Larry and Cliff are really good in supporting the others.

The other DC series are more interested in giving romantic drama, focusing on forceful PC elements and more serious tones. The superpower part are also usually lower priority. I hate that when those are being prioritized instead - it's like the superheroes element are just tools to be used for the romantic drama and PC elements. The fighting are usually terrible in those

So the Doom Patrol series is streets ahead than the rest and definitely standout. I would recommend it if you're into that kind of thing. The first few episodes of season 1 took a while to kept finally hit the mark though, it'll take about episode number 3-5 for it to finally make the show enjoyable iirc.

Drifter

American
Strong second season. Girl who plays Dorothy is a star and the show as managed to get weirder, especially the episode "Sex Patrol"

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Strong second season. Girl who plays Dorothy is a star and the show as managed to get weirder, especially the episode "Sex Patrol"
Good to read. Just about to wrap S1. Absolutely love it. In a way such an odd blend of humor and some very serious, borderline dark storylines and scenes. Despite the fact there are so many stories too it somehow manages to make it all work and not get to the point where you literally lose the plot. Acting is pretty spot on and the money they dropped on sfx and costumes etc is impressive. In a way it makes you wonder why this is not a lot more populair.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Bump just because im a few episodes into S2 now and still loving it. Finale of S1 must have been one of the nuttiest hours on TV Ive ever seen.

Especially now in S2 I realize that the reason why this odd show works so well is because you feel the cast relationships are so natural in a way. They play off each other perfectly. Jane and Cliff especially are hilarious together.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Season 3 is boring. The only thing that interests me is the storyline of 'the girl', which they'll drag out 'till the show's ending.