Television DC's Titans (Spoilers Tagged)

Andersons Dietician

Damn this is good, 2 solid eps. Could stop thinking what is Thad Castle doing with Minka Kelly :lol:

I wonder if they will have Dick become Nightwing in this. I noticed that the 6th episode is called Jason Todd who is the replacement Robin that eventually Joker gets his paws on, so maybe with him also being Robin it’ll force a character change.

The blood spatter in this is excellent.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yeah this series is genuinely good so far. DC really fecked up with it's feck batman trailer which put off a lot of people.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think I'm in love with Anna Diop :drool: The music was very nice for this 3rd episode.
edit: Apparently she's been racially abused on her IG because a black actress isn't supposed to portray Starfire :houllier: She's an alien with a yellowish skin and green eyes, some people are seriously fecked up

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I think I'm in love with Anna Diop :drool: The music was very nice for this 3rd episode.
edit: Apparently she's been racially abused on her IG because a black actress isn't supposed to portray Starfire :houllier: She's an alien with a yellowish skin and green eyes, some people are seriously fecked up
Yeah, people are fecking pathetic tbh.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another good episode yeah? I'll have a look later...

Andersons Dietician

Think that has been going on ever since they first released photos of her as Stargirl, which is weird since the character herself is orange and an alien from outer space. Just a bunch of weirdos. Really enjoyed her performances so far, People probably more upset that she isn’t wearing that purple spandex swimsuit thing and doesn’t have Pamela Anderson-esque breasts.

After a good few attempts and only getting episodes of teen titans finally got a source and damn this show is good.
that fork to the knuckles.. oooocha.

Soundtrack was good to boot.

Drifter

American
After a dodgy promo trailer and a not so promising opening. This is growing into a very good series.

Sanche7

My favorite superhero show. All the others I used to watch have been shite for a few years. Arrow and the Flash began very well too, hope this show can keep up the quality and not become shite like the others

Andersons Dietician

That was the first meh episode. It was still decent it just felt like there was very little progression.

Andersons Dietician

Dicks got chops. Has to become Night wing at some point and would be great if they introduce Wally West, Cyborg and all those people at some point.

Ekeke

I think its a decent show. Certainly a couple of steps ahead of the CW DC shows when it comes to the fight scenes and serious tones. There's not much more than a passing resemblance to the characters that they are based on though. If you don't know or dont care about the characters from the comics then its something you might really like.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think its a decent show. Certainly a couple of steps ahead of the CW DC shows when it comes to the fight scenes and serious tones. There's not much more than a passing resemblance to the characters that they are based on though. If you don't know or dont care about the characters from the comics then its something you might really like.
And that is what I like about it.

Andersons Dietician

Arrow is really the only one that would be compatible and some of the fight sequences in that are pretty good. There have been a couple of recent ones that were fantastic. Would need to see a lot more of Titans before making my mind up on that. It has been really good so far and you’re right it is very far removed from the comics or animations. It’s fantastic because of that I feel.

Andersons Dietician

Solid ep, but seriously this is edging towards him becoming
Nightwing
has to happen, everything is pointing towards it and this last episode did it even more so and I for one can’t fecking wait.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This is a very good show. The last two episodes have been great.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
In hindsight it's interesting that the reception for the trailers was so divisive as it has turned out to be a very good show so far.

Andersons Dietician

I love this show, mass murder, nobody cares, :lol: this is basically the polar opposite of teen titans and it’s so good. It’s getting closer and closer to
Nightwing
happening, probably not in the next couple of episodes but soon.

Ekeke

Just about to watch the new episode.

But before I do I just want to take a moment and get something off my chest. The Dick Grayson in Titans is basically Batman. Arrow in Arrow is basically Batman.

Personally I hate that shows want to turn characters that arent Batman into Batman, because they couldnt have Batman and Batman has plenty of fans so they might like Batman with bows or Circus Batman. They are cool characters without being warped into Batman so show a little creativity and do something else.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Ok, so like most weeks I was looking forward to the episode....

But this was probably the most disappointing one so far for me.

The strength of this show compared to the CW shows is supposed to be its budget and the way its shot. First of all, there were a bunch of scenes that were crappy. A bunch of scenes where the reflective surface of all the glass made it weird and at times confusing. For example the scene where Dick was holding the man hostage, against the glass pane and asking him questions. In one of the camera angles the reflective surface showed Dick holding himself instead of the other guy.

If that was an actual plot point it would have been interesting. Though it wouldnt work with Kory there right next to him. So why was that there? To have a brief moment of confusion? Or because they didnt think the scene through and accidentally they got the reflection of Dick instead of the other guy. It didnt serve a purpose.

Then there was, whatever the effect was when Raven went into her mother's room. It was like 2 seconds of slow motion with a noise while she took her hood off. Why? Was that supposed to be cool? Was just pointless.

And then onto all the killing.

This show isnt actually about the Teen Titans. Or The Titans. Its about if The Elite were the Titans.

Who are The Elite?

The Elite were a group of metas from a Superman story. They helped Superman and quickly became a popular group of Superheroes. But they disagreed with Superman and the Justice League's idea that you don't just kill people who have done wrong. The Elite would slaughter all the villains and not listen to Superman's warnings. The public were happy enough with The Elite killing all the people who did wrong, but Superman felt that you had to be morally better than the villains. So eventually he took them out alone, using all his powers to scare them by very convincingly pretending to do as they did, and be bloody and brutal with his "Justice". Basically he scared the shit out of them whilst defeating them, making them believe he was killing and destroying each of them as he took them out. But really he was just so fast they couldnt see what he was really doing, defeating them without corrupting his morals and tricking them.

Here's a link to more about The Elite :

http://www.dorkly.com/post/78118/this-2001-comic-gets-superman

So anyway the point is, from the very first episode if I recall correctly Kory was killing people. Just, anyone who got in her way, dead. Next we had Raven kill people when her mother was killed. Dick beat the shit out of a bunch of people - I cant remember if it looked like he killed any. But in the flashback of his parents killer, he did ensure that he was killed. And now this episode Beast Boy eats someone. And then Dick decides to blow up the entire installation while people are clearly still inside.

These guys are tit for tat, they believe they are doing good and are killing people left and right but they arent superheroes because they arent being any better. And thats where this team and show is different to the comics DC message that there is a better way and people who have done wrong, should serve their time and have a chance at rehabilitation. This show says execute everyone who stands in your way. And thats a world away from what the Teen Titans are about.

So yeah, I'm still interested in the next episode with Donna Troy. I'm still hopeful that at some point the show has some semblance of the DC universe and the characters within it. But at this moment in time I consider it a 6/10 generic superhero show.

Andersons Dietician

So anyway the point is, from the very first episode if I recall correctly Kory was killing people. Just, anyone who got in her way, dead. Next we had Raven kill people when her mother was killed. Dick beat the shit out of a bunch of people - I cant remember if it looked like he killed any. But in the flashback of his parents killer, he did ensure that he was killed. And now this episode Beast Boy eats someone. And then Dick decides to blow up the entire installation while people are clearly still inside.

These guys are tit for tat, they believe they are doing good and are killing people left and right but they arent superheroes because they arent being any better. And thats where this team and show is different to the comics DC message that there is a better way and people who have done wrong, should serve their time and have a chance at rehabilitation. This show says execute everyone who stands in your way. And thats a world away from what the Teen Titans are about.

So yeah, I'm still interested in the next episode with Donna Troy. I'm still hopeful that at some point the show has some semblance of the DC universe and the characters within it. But at this moment in time I consider it a 6/10 generic superhero show.

Much like Arrow I’d imagine once Dick becomes
Nightwing
all the killing will stop and we’ll get a redemption story back towards the norm of heroism.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Christ that CGI of the cars :lol: Minka Kelly is fecking astonishingly beautiful in this creation though.

Andersons Dietician

Christ that CGI of the cars :lol: Minka Kelly is fecking astonishingly beautiful in this creation though.
I’m watching this now and for whatever reason came in here whilst doing so, saw your comment on cars and it just happened now, see what you mean, worse CGI I’ve seen in a while :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
I’m watching this now and for whatever reason came in here whilst doing so, saw your comment on cars and it just happened now, see what you mean, worse CGI I’ve seen in a while :lol:
I'm still positively surprised that with the horrible teaser/trailer of the series and the steaming pile of shit that most DC movies are, they managed to pull off very solid series here.

Andersons Dietician

I'm still positively surprised that with the horrible teaser/trailer of the series and the steaming pile of shit that most DC movies are, they managed to pull off very solid series here.
Yeah although I kind of feel like the last two episodes have been a bit of a throw away, they’ve introduced I suppose important characters and done some origin explaining but I wish after last weeks ep where it felt to me like it stalled they would have moved it along more this episode.

It was still a good episode just wish it moved the story along more. I’m just loving the darkness of this show, they’ve got it bang on for me, Minka Kelly though, ooooft, it’s a shame I can never see that guy as anything more than Thad Castle.

Ekeke

For me the most recent episode with Hawk & Dove was the best of the series. They are characters I'm the least familiar with and was looking forward to seeing the least. I only know a bit about Hawk because he became a very important character in the DC universe at one point, so reading about that I read up on him a little bit.

But for me that episode explained their motivations, relationship and who they are far better than the main cast of characters just going around killing people for whatever reason.

reelworld

Best DC TV series for me. Robin become similar to Batman was intended because that's part of his journey and one of the reason why he left Batman. He's becoming more like him and he doesn't like it.
Dick Grayson in the comics is a very positive character and hopefully by the end of the first season he becomes that person.

Doom Patrol and Donna Troy episodes were the highlight for me. DP because it's pretty cool to see the first live iteration of such weird characters (which they nailed) and the second was because Leslie Conor is freaking gorgeous and Troy was the person Dick I hope was going to be

Last edited: