Television DC's Titans (Spoilers Tagged)

Andersons Dietician

Man I equally love and hate this show. They love a cliffhanger ending :lol:

Glad it picked up pace and we finally got in to some nitty gritty and this deathstroke looking like a contender to surpass Man Utd.

Drifter

American
Nice cliffhanger . Could this be leading up to the introduction of

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Nice cliffhanger.
Id spoiler that. Think thats the tease, but i think hell be fine for now.
Not sure if theres enough seasons in the show for a realistic
red hood
without a timeskip.

Andersons Dietician

Wouldn’t Redhood require The Joker? I mean I guess they could change it but I really don’t see them going in to that anytime soon.
Next week is called Connor, so I’m guessing superboy shows up at some point in the episode

Question did someone edit my earlier post? I wrote “Man Utd” as in Man Utd Bennett the actor who played Deathstroke on Arrow and I notice it’s been changed to Man Utd.

Edit: I think I’ve found a fault in the system :lol: can’t even write the guys first name without it being changed. @Damien ,@Niall

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Wouldn’t Redhood require The Joker? I mean I guess they could change it but I really don’t see them going in to that anytime soon.
Next week is called Connor, so I’m guessing superboy shows up at some point in the episode

Question did someone edit my earlier post? I wrote “Man Utd” as in Man Utd Bennett the actor who played Deathstroke on Arrow and I notice it’s been changed to Man Utd.

Edit: I think I’ve found a fault in the system :lol: can’t even write the guys first name without it being changed. @Damien ,@Niall
Was wondering what that was about.

Man Utd.

Anyway, it does, but no reason why they couldn't change the story. I suspect it'll only happen during a timeskip but their ages are all so off.

Depending on how far the series goes, might have to skip Tim Drake all together.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Another cliffhanger ending!! Don’t expect him to die yet.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I hope he dies. Not because I dislike him, but I hate deus ex machina cliches.

Andersons Dietician

Don’t really have a thread for all the DC streaming stuff but I saw SwampThing has been released on Amazon today but no sign of Doom Patrol on anything yet.

ha_rooney

Loved that episode... better than any Superman film they’ve done recently.

I enjoy how the focus on a particular character/back-story every so often. Adds to the drama & doesn’t confuse viewers by constantly introducing new things without explaining anything.

bucky

The actor playing Superboy is unreal casting. It was uncanny. He really couldn't look more like the character.

Don’t really have a thread for all the DC streaming stuff but I saw SwampThing has been released on Amazon today but no sign of Doom Patrol on anything yet.
Doom Patrol is on Amazon where I'm from. No sign of Swamp Thing though. Weird.

Sanche7

Very good episode and this season overall has been very good after the first episode. The last few episodes have been really good. I really liked how they showed his origin story and the mental struggle of the good vs evil in him. The casting has been superb IMO. Wonder girl, superboy, Death stroke, Rose are all very well cast. I also really like how they are slowly revealing what happened to the first Titans squad when they faced off against Death stroke.
My only complaint is that sometimes the writing is super lazy.
The Aqualad episode was very good, untill they killed him off in a pretty lame way. They could have made that way more emotional foe the viewer and wonder girl. Similarly casting a women in her 20s as the scientist made little sense
IMO this is the best superhero show on TV right now

Drifter

American
Another cliffhanger .Best episode so far ,and the overall season up to now as been good.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Very good episode and this season overall has been very good after the first episode. The last few episodes have been really good. I really liked how they showed his origin story and the mental struggle of the good vs evil in him. The casting has been superb IMO. Wonder girl, superboy, Death stroke, Rose are all very well cast. I also really like how they are slowly revealing what happened to the first Titans squad when they faced off against Death stroke.
My only complaint is that sometimes the writing is super lazy.
The Aqualad episode was very good, untill they killed him off in a pretty lame way. They could have made that way more emotional foe the viewer and wonder girl. Similarly casting a women in her 20s as the scientist made little sense
IMO this is the best superhero show on TV right now
Nothing comes close.

Andersons Dietician

I’m starting to get to the point where I’m a little fed up with the lack of development of the younger members and kinda feel like we are locked in this circle of the same issues/stuff the elder members have going on week after week. Move it along already, and the cliff hanger endings each week are becoming very tedious.

Its still comfortably the best superhero Tv adaption out there but I can feel myself getting annoyed at this loop we are in.

ha_rooney

Disappointing episode after last week, felt like a filler. Hopefully now the secret is out, things will pick up again.

ha_rooney

Another very good episode. I like how the show tells you the backstory without rushing it so you know what’s happened for a character to behave in a certain way. The kid’s acting was very good.

Deathstroke is awesome.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Every passing episode just confirms even more what a fecking asshole Dick Grayson is. They've gone out of their way to ruin the character now

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Every passing episode just confirms even more what a fecking asshole Dick Grayson is. They've gone out of their way to ruin the character now
I prefer him this season than last if anything.

harms

Staff
So this is what Arya was up to all this time.

harms

Staff
I mean I get all those superhero egos and the need for an artificial conflict etc., but fecking hell. Somehow Dick admits that Deathstroke has a moral high ground despite the fact that:
  • it was him who shot one of them first (and murdered tons of people just before the meeting)
  • it was him who killed Jericho (oh, such an unfortunate set of actions for someone who can hear a heartbeat a mile away and never makes a mistake in battle)

Ekeke

I just caught up with the 2nd season. I definitely prefer it over the 1st, maybe its to do with involving a lot more characters whos interpretation is more interesting to me this time around.

I've mostly liked the show so far. This past episode with Jericho jumping in and being stabbed was dumb as hell though. What was he doing? He could have used his power to stop the situation easily. The entire episode got that over, that he can take control of people and stop violence escalating like in the roadrage scene. But when it comes to actually use his power, he tries to get stabbed instead. Wow

kouroux

I just caught up with the 2nd season. I definitely prefer it over the 1st, maybe its to do with involving a lot more characters whos interpretation is more interesting to me this time around.

I've mostly liked the show so far. This past episode with Jericho jumping in and being stabbed was dumb as hell though. What was he doing? He could have used his power to stop the situation easily. The entire episode got that over, that he can take control of people and stop violence escalating like in the roadrage scene. But when it comes to actually use his power, he tries to get stabbed instead. Wow
Spot on, I expected something a bit more dramatic. Like Dick being directly responsible or something

Andersons Dietician

So the cast were posting about how this was their favourite episode of the series today on Instagram and stuff and I have to say that was a load of crap. More filler no substance. 4 episodes left and the whole season has pretty much been filler.
This reaction as well to what Dick has been hiding is so stupid to boot.

Yes Dick is guilty Because his actions led to the death of Jericho but jesus it wasn’t as if he killed him. The kid jumped in front of him to save him. Even more stupid when you consider Jerichos powers.
Now all these pricks are jumping ship because of it and not even that big of a lie. Bunch of drama queens. Stupid writing.

Oh and how could I forget the ending, absolute load of bollox.

I did really like this show but it’s turning quickly.

ha_rooney

That was a very disappointing episode.

bucky

The whole second season has mostly been back-story stuff.

kouroux

I'm half way through the episode and I'm tired of Dick's pity party. Worse than Oliver Queen's on arrow now.

edit: Wow, they've really taken a big shit on their show. Wtf was that all about ?

Last edited:

Drifter

American
Not a bad episode ,had it's good moments. The dark secret of Dick was not that dark really. With four episodes to go, hopefully they have saved the budget for a big showdown with Death Stroke, but next weeks title does sound like another reflective episode.

ha_rooney

Wtf are Dick & Rachel doing?!

Also, it seems that Deathstroke is done killing Titans for now, but what about his relationship with his daughter?! Is he no longer interested in getting her?!

Not sure how many episodes are left, but I’m confused by the direction they seem to be taking now... half of them have just disappeared & even Bruce is ghosting them!

Andersons Dietician

Was a slightly more interesting episode but this feels like it should have been a mid season episode. I think it’s 3 episodes left right now, maybe 4 and there doesn’t seem to be any real set up for a villain of the season. Most of the season has been wasted on fluff.

Kinda feel that the series might work better if it’s dropped in 1 go because these endings to episodes are utter BS.

Sanche7

Just 3 more episodes left. I think they are playing the long game, trying to milk this as much as possible because there is a lot of unwanted stuff there. If they wanted to include all this stuff, they should have gone for a 23 episode season or something.
Episode 13 or the season finale is called Nightwing, so I guess the next three episodes are going to focus on Dick's transformation into nightwing. That would mean the season as a whole had no real direction and probably the deathstroke arc will extend into season 3. They should stop taking all these tangents and focus on the main story. While some episodes which took the focus away from the main story have been good (like the superboy one) most others have been meh, especially the last two. If they had 23 episodes, they could have used 4 episodes to show the transformation of Dick to Nightwing, but with just 13 episodes a season, you just can't dedicate 3,4 episodes to one character while almost completely ignoring the main villain