Television DC's Titans (Spoilers Tagged)

Sanche7

This is from an interview with the guy who plays Dick :

How aware are you of the anticipation behind Dick becoming Nightwing?

THWAITES: Well, if it’s anything like myself, very aware. When I signed onto this, in an early meeting, they were telling me in the first season, it would be about the transition of Dick becoming Nightwing. That’s where all that training came from, in the preparation that I would become Nightwing. But, the way the story had it, we had other elements to deal with, so we went down a different path. The whole time I was very anxious to read the pages of what the story and the journey of Dick growing into Nightwing would be.

For a number of reasons, it provides an opportunity a character to realize his potential as superhero. When that happens, we feel a sense of confidence watching it. We know we have a leader who is going to win every single time on the screen. But what it also does is gives us an amazing opportunity to build up the power of Deathsroke. We spent a lot of energy and time explaining to the audience how dangerous and serious this villain is. I feel it was worth putting that time on the screen and teasing to the audience that this bad guy can only be put down by another intense superhero, which we all know is Nightwing.

So I guess in episode 13 the transformation will be complete and he takes down Deathstroke. That's a whole lot of time dedicated to one character, hopefully it pays off. Also, I agree they did a great job building up Deathstroke as a great villain but by putting in all these filler like episodes in between, they have diffused the tension that was built up

Drifter

American
They have certainly killed the build up with those three episodes. What was the point of that last episode, being in prison?. Next weeks episode seems a little more promising .

Andersons Dietician

Must have been renewed today or something as they’ve put out a trailer for season 3 saying in the fall of 2020

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Kinda feels like seasons 1 and 2 are some sort of weird prequel show and we get to see the actual Titans team in season 3. Very oddly paced but I'm still hopeful for it.

Andersons Dietician

Kinda feels like seasons 1 and 2 are some sort of weird prequel show and we get to see the actual Titans team in season 3. Very oddly paced but I'm still hopeful for it.
The title of the final episode of this season is what is keeping me glued to it but I’m starting to think.

Deathstroke will not be the main bad that has him become Nightwing. I think they might just repeat season 1 and have Dick need to save Raven from herself/powers and he’ll be the one to save her/reunite the team.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Better episode this week.

Bruce is a bit of a twat.

Andersons Dietician

Better episode this week.

Bruce is a bit of a twat.
I quite like him but seeing him makes me think we needed another season of GOT where Jorah just haunts Jon telling him he is a twat for like 8 episodes.

It was better in terms of it looks like we are going somewhere but it was pretty clumsily put together. Still feel like most of this season has been a total waste.

ha_rooney

I quite like him but seeing him makes me think we needed another season of GOT where Jorah just haunts Jon telling him he is a twat for like 8 episodes.

It was better in terms of it looks like we are going somewhere but it was pretty clumsily put together. Still feel like most of this season has been a total waste.
:lol:

I feel like this season has turned into a filler season. Disappointing as some of the earlier episodes were very good.

Drifter

American
From a strong start this season, it as quickly deteriorated a bit . With two episodes to go ,needs to end on a strong note.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Yeah not a fan of the plot, or the dialog, not sure I like any of the characters either. I'm basically watching because its shot with a better look than the CW shows, even though half the effects look just as cheap (Season 1 Dick's flip, Raven's dark powers, etc) and hoping there are cameos from characters from the DC universe that they actually do well. So yes pretty much as I was with Arrow after the first season. Pretty lame. I felt much better about it in the first 3 or 4 episodes of the season, but now they're already repeating the breakup plot and none of them are having interesting stories. I'd give it a 5.5-6/10

flappyjay

Let's see season one we get the back story of Raven, dick Grayson, dawn/hawk. This season the back story on the old titans. The characters are fecking whiny and annoying, I can only tolerate Gar and Conner this season. The producers tried to come up with a story that made us understand why the rest of the old titans hate Dick so much but in the end all it got for me was more annoyance. It was not as dark as they tried to make it seem, which in turn made the old titans look even more annoying. Yeah dick betrayed the kid but not enough to break up the old titans. I will continue to watch in hope that we are done with the past and can look into a new story in season 3

flappyjay

Yeah not a fan of the plot, or the dialog, not sure I like any of the characters either. I'm basically watching because its shot with a better look than the CW shows, even though half the effects look just as cheap (Season 1 Dick's flip, Raven's dark powers, etc) and hoping there are cameos from characters from the DC universe that they actually do well. So yes pretty much as I was with Arrow after the first season. Pretty lame. I felt much better about it in the first 3 or 4 episodes of the season, but now they're already repeating the breakup plot and none of them are having interesting stories. I'd give it a 5.5-6/10
Yeah the story hasn't progressed at all from last season and we are at the end of the new season and the characters annoying as feck

ha_rooney

Setting up for the big showdown next week.

Robin has become an emotional wreck (the mood swings are really something)... Rachel’s powers were out of control early in the season, but she’s in control now (I think?!)... Hank’s still Hank from season 1...it was an ok episode but at this moment I don’t think I care what happens to any of the characters, Gar is the only interesting one & I'm fairly certain he’ll get saved.

Andersons Dietician

This season has genuinely been such a mess And just very poorly constructed. I just don’t get what the point of pretty much all the episodes this season have been about. I don’t get what they were trying to make us feel about Jericho, Deathstroke, Dick and all the others.

There is just no structure to it and again with the fecking cliff hanger endings. this finale better be something special to save this season but I feel like it’ll be hard to do in 60 minutes and they probably needed a 2 parter or something But if this season ends on yet another cliffhanger I’m done.

Sanche7

This season has genuinely been such a mess And just very poorly constructed. I just don’t get what the point of pretty much all the episodes this season have been about. I don’t get what they were trying to make us feel about Jericho, Deathstroke, Dick and all the others.

There is just no structure to it and again with the fecking cliff hanger endings. this finale better be something special to save this season but I feel like it’ll be hard to do in 60 minutes and they probably needed a 2 parter or something But if this season ends on yet another cliffhanger I’m done.
Agree. The season began well and It had a lot of potential, but they have taken too many unnecessary tangents away from the main story. Even the main story had pacing issues often repeating the same stuff that happened over and over again. I can see what they are trying to do but it's just not very effective.
Also, Minka Kelly always looks like she's smiling. Maybe it's just me but I've felt that many times. It will be a super serious /sad scene and she has this smiling expression on her face.

Drifter

American
Was expecting something from that Episode . Guess they were saving the budget for the Finale,better be worth it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Conner is pretty slow for a superfast guy.

Andersons Dietician

Absolute Trainwreck of an episode. I think it’s probably one of the worst things I’ve ever watched. Looks like it was heavily edited and cut down because some scenes made no sense and others seemed pointless.

This whole season has been directionless and like it was thrown together without any real plan.
What really was the point of having Deathstroke in this season if you’re going to end him like that and wrap it up in the first 5 minutes of an episode.

Then the death of Donna Troy, just horrendous writing can go toe to toe with superman but an electric pilot god forbid. That whole bit was exceptionally bad. There was also no pay off to the Gar and Raven bit. 1 second she brings him back and immediately next scene she is thick in Dicks plan that he had just said he needs Rachel for.

Just horrendously bad.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Just horrendously bad.
It's not even that Donna can't handle the electricity. It's that they have an actual superfast, superstrong and indestructible Superboy just standing there for 10 seconds, watching the tower falling over without doing anything.

Gar just casually running in his tiger form next to the Titans after he killed tens if not hundreds of civilians on camera is also a nice touch.

Drifter

American
Complete mess of a season .Writers must have got writers block midway through. Donna as shown hardly any of her true power all season ,apart from her Lasso,and all of a sudden in the last episode we get to see what she is capable of. Hope they can put this season behind them, but looking at the villain for season 3, i'm not optimistic.

Kostur

海尔的老板
What the feck were they thinking with the last fecking episode, Jesus Christ :lol:

It's like they've decided to take an absolute piss out of everybody. Gar and Superboi mindcontrolled? Oh no problem, just talk to them. Deathstroke? More like Pussystroke, killed within fecking 3 minutes of fight by two humans despite previously being able to defeat superhumans. Donna? Can withstand whatever megajoules of energy generated by Superboi punches (something that would probably pierce through a normal human) but cannot stand a fecking pylon of some sorts, nevermind the most fecked up manner in which it actually fell down, it was so, so fecking bad. It's not like Superboi couldn't get it or just punch it, blow his fecking superbreath at it or whatever. Christ it was so absurd. Also all the death and shit in the theme park, why's Superboi taking the blame when it was Gar doing all that shit? :lol:

Then you've got Batman throwing jokes around, sending emojis, being the most non-Batman thing ever. And emo Todd on a bike. No honestly, it was so fecking stupid I feel like I don't want to watch the third season if this shit even airs. Christ what an absolute fecking garbage, I'm mad.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That's right, Dawn and citizens, just run in a straight line under the falling thing. Running a few feet left or right would just be fecking silly.

ha_rooney

What a fecking horrible ending. This season has been utterly pointless & has not advanced the story enough.

Can’t believe they just ended Deathstroke like that... seriously?! Superboy taking responsibility for Gar’s murder spree then just idly standing by when that was his moment of slight redemption!

And Ser Friendzone is a terrible Batman.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm 3 episodes into season 2. Like season 1 fine enough but I don't know what this is. The dialogue is so bad, Rose has just the cheesiest line possible. The action scenes...only thing missing is the visible green screen because it just looks like they are practicing. Robin is such an annoying twat and that Hawk and Dove love story is so angsty.

Sylar

Ok so finally binged season 2. Wow... it was a mess.

I mean the best thing was probably Deathstroke... until it was revealed that everything he was doing didnt make sense. I seriously think it would have been better if Jericho was controlling DS all this time, and wanted to take out and harm the Titans, and stop people from making the same mistake he did? DS was awesome until he was.... just taken out.

Superboy was briliant casting, but the ending didnt make sense at all. Probably discussed at the time, but why is Donna trying to save everybody and not the fastest man (boy) alive who can move everybody out of sight in an instance, and then stop the thing from falling.

That first episode :lol: It was just out of place with the direction of the rest of the season.
Im glad I binged it cos the way they tried cliff hangers at the end was annoying. This season needed less espisodes, and to be a bit tighter knit.
Think the way they try to focus on too many characters is harming the season (series).

And they need to stop doing the whole 'we dont trust you, lets break up the team... but then find a way to get back together'.

S3 needs to be much tighter (tho not sure about Blackfire as the main villian).

Web of Bissaka

Yesterday finally binged watch S2.

Didn't expect much so overall it's enjoyable. The opening i.e. episode 1 and the final episode are just so boring. The rest of the 11/12 (?) episodes are fun.

That said, there are plenty of missed opportunities in this season.
And the bizarre story-lines... audiences are not idiot -- the characters are not showing consistencies.
If I think about it critically -- why is it a mess? It's like there's no proper endgame.
Robin = Dick becoming Nightwing is one of the endgame, but they didn't capitalize on presenting it better. Lame reveals.
And no impressive power to make Nightwing standout?

And as for the others... what are their roles and what are their developments? just what is the plan? doesn't seem like there's any.
  • Gar should have trauma/emotional scar, and Superboy should have morality problems.
  • Raven should have problems controlling her power. Too easy.
  • Hawk and Dove are.. wasting screen times.
  • Kory is just boring tbh, boring random arcs.
  • Donna is interesting but her power need to be portrayed better.
  • Rose is okay.
Villains are promising but... again inconsistent. So Cadmus just suddenly forgot about the kryptonite as contingency plan vs Superboy? Earlier episodes, they showed themselves to be smart but no more in the final? And Deathstroke is promising and strong earlier on, then suddenly weak in final...

Batman feels out of place spending too much time with the Titans, as if he's not busy? maybe the Bruce Wayne Titans version is like that but I find it bizarre. And gahd, he don't care at all about hiding his identity eh.

It's like let's just put up and just decide a random mess and make up the rest as we go along. Character behaves as the plot demands them to. Characters actually have their own personalities? naah, all are kinda the same.

Fun superhuman interactions between the Titans could have been made plenty for the show. And make the fighting scenes longer and better. Isn't that what superhero fans want to see? surely the directors and writers knows about this... or not.

Jason's storyline is great though imo.

I still think it's a lot better than S1, which I just can't enjoy at all. S2 is fun enough but potential ruined, could've been more fun.

Fearful season 3 will be worse, and hope they don't become another soap-opera-bs-focussed like many of the other DC's series.

Last edited: