De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
That man is under pressure. Barcelona win the treble and the only signings Madrid make are a right back ( which they didn't need ) and an expensive 3rd choice midfielder( for depth maybe?)
The fact there's no outcry from their fans over this shows they've accepted playing second fiddle to their fierce rivals. That must hurt Perez.
Also they really have an aging first 11. Ronaldo / Pepe / Ramos / modric / Benzema / Marcelo all approaching or are over 30.
Varane not coming on along as quickly as expected. If anybody here didn't expect him to be considered among the worlds best and be an automatic starter going into 2016 then you my friend are a liar.
Will Bale want to return to England in the near future? How will they replace Ronaldo? Who will actually become their no 1 keeper?
All this while needing money to renovate the Bernabeu.
When people talk about the end of a teams cycle, this season could really be it for Madrid.
I've got a similar opinion. Barca's 2009 treble was met with fighting talk and a galactico shopping extravaganza. However all that's happened since then is 3 new managers, a couple Copas, a CL (manager sacked the next year), a Liga (manager sacked the next year). They threw money at the problem and 6 years later Barca still won another treble. Even their most promising youth like Jese, Carvajal and Morata (now gone) are still not quite first XI material and their bought in youngsters like Isco, Varane and Illarra (now gone) are in the same boat.

The shopping list this summer was much more modest (which may well benefit them in the longterm) but the lack of determination when it came to buying DdG (who Perez is still talking about as the "plan" for their future) suggests that they're resigned to waiting for Barca to slip, rather than trying to overtake them.

SalfordRed1960

Wonder if LVG or Woody has gone over to Spain to have a chat with DDG.

He may now be focused, but whilst the mud slinging is going on he may be swaying one way or the other. We need he fully focused for when he comes back. I would like him in the nets against Liverpool.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

He may now be focused, but whilst the mud slinging is going on he may be swaying one way or the other. We need he fully focused for when he comes back. I would like him in the nets against Liverpool.
That would be brilliant man management, and a small gesture like that could go a long way in reassuring him that he will be treated well here..Especially if done in private without the media fanfare.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I would be hugely surprised if then Spanish FA would allow such a distraction.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff

It's difficult with him being with the Spain NT. The media sit right on top of their hotels, training etc. Hopefully we've spoken to him though.

vodrake

It's alright. We've got Mata there whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

dsch

Don't know if Woodward or LVG can accomplish anything Agent Mata can't.

Spoony

The People's President
I've got a similar opinion. Barca's 2009 treble was met with fighting talk and a galactico shopping extravaganza. However all that's happened since then is 3 new managers, a couple Copas, a CL (manager sacked the next year), a Liga (manager sacked the next year). They threw money at the problem and 6 years later Barca still won another treble. Even their most promising youth like Jese, Carvajal and Morata (now gone) are still not quite first XI material and their bought in youngsters like Isco, Varane and Illarra (now gone) are in the same boat.

The shopping list this summer was much more modest (which may well benefit them in the longterm) but the lack of determination when it came to buying DdG (who Perez is still talking about as the "plan" for their future) suggests that they're resigned to waiting for Barca to slip, rather than trying to overtake them.
Perhaps there's not much money available due to future stadium redevelopment?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Perhaps there's not much money available due to future stadium redevelopment?
It's certainly an expensive project and the changes they've had to make to unblock the planning consent may have made it even more expensive. With on-field success hard to come by, Perez might have decided his "legacy" should be that CL #10 they won and the rebuilt Bernabeu.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I wish both clubs would stop embarrassing themselves any further. It's cringeworthy enough as it is. This isn't how big clubs should conduct themselves.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I think we should say nothing else. Suspect the journalists called United's press office for some kind of statement and they gave I believe a reasonable reply i.e. let the facts speak for themselves. It's not United's fault that those stupid journalists turn it into over the top headlines about 'War of words' etc. However, if Perez says anything else, we should say nothing more. Time for it to die down.

R'hllor

Real can afford this to go back and forth,they dont have anything lose,we on other side should stop with replies and stay classy.

Phil

I wish both clubs would stop embarrassing themselves any further. It's cringeworthy enough as it is. This isn't how big clubs should conduct themselves.
:)

Yes, our sentence is so embarrassing.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Real can afford this to go back and forth,they dont have anything lose,we on other side should stop with replies and stay classy.
We've stayed classy throughout. But once they started to throw the mud at the reputation of the club we had to respond, it'd been silly to stay quiet.
Anyway who cares, I hope all bridges are burned with Real as there's no benefit keeping relationship with them.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
You should tell that to Perez and Real. We've stayed classy throughout.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
This is more a Perez vs Woodward thing. Woodward has said he's tired of the Spanish Clubs monopoly and he's not used to the underhand tactics. It's not embarrassing, so much as a new state of affairs. It's only a spokesperson but United could have been far more harsh after some of what Perez said. This tapping up nonsense has to stop. The money a club could potentially lose, is close to a tipping point. United have put in a few digs, but nothing major though I think the clumsiness bit will drive them up the wall. At the end of the day, both clubs will survive.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This is more a Perez vs Woodward thing. Woodward has said he's tired of the Spanish Clubs monopoly and he's not used to the underhand tactics. It's not embarrassing, so much as a new state of affairs. It's only a spokesperson but United could have been far more harsh after some of what Perez said. This tapping up nonsense has to stop. The money a club could potentially lose, is close to a tipping point. United have put in a few digs, but nothing major though I think the clumsiness bit will drive them up the wall.
Woody used to work in mergers and acquisitions at JP Morgan - pretty sure he's used to dealing with 'underhand tactics'. Poor old bellend Perez gotta get a lesson in underhandedness from the Woodster:lol:

Shimo

One of my hopes in all of this from our perspective is that LVG acts classy and ensures that DDG is able to play for us and not let it become him trying to stamp his authority. If he can do that, then perhaps it will give Woodward the chance to put a deal in front of DDG that he can accept, even if it contains a hefty buyout clause - one that can be sold with, if Madrid really value like we do, then they'll have no problem buying you by meeting the clause. We - the club, the manager and especially the fans want you to see out your career here.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
This is the most ridiculous saga ever :lol:
I'd like this to continue. Their each angry responses should be countered with more trolling from our side until the point where Perez and their PR people spontaneously self combust.

K2K

I think we should say nothing else. Suspect the journalists called United's press office for some kind of statement and they gave I believe a reasonable reply i.e. let the facts speak for themselves. It's not United's fault that those stupid journalists turn it into over the top headlines about 'War of words' etc. However, if Perez says anything else, we should say nothing more. Time for it to die down.
The fact that all the news outlets are carrying the exact same quotes word for word means that is exactly what they got from the club..The gk reference was no mistake either..Class goes both ways, and Madrid have none at all.

Moriarty

Every player and agent in the world knows there's a financial incentive to letting a contract run down. Every sought after player will expect his agent to tell him who wants him and what they're willing to pay as wages and as a signing-on fee. The concept of pre-contracts isn't that unusual either. They protect the club from an agent attempting to change personal terms at the last moment.

I've no idea what DdG was promised, whether it was signing fee or something else. The mystery 10m + 5m penalty to Madrid if they failed to sign him this summer I would guess is a guaranteed signing fee, but possibly one that's also payable as compensation if they don't sign him next summer. In other words some kind of protection from a failed deal if he got injured or no deal because Madrid can't/don't go ahead.

Are pre-contracts legal. In contract law, almost certainly. In FIFA law, probably not, but there may well be a way to draft them that makes it hard to prove their illegality (though might get agents/intermediaries banned) - especially when no actual breach of contract occurs. Not signing a new contract is not the same as breaking an existing one.
Depends which divorce lawyer you talk to ;)

clarkydaz

Good point.

But you have to admit, Perez is making a right prick of himself here. It's amusing!
Admits tapping up, slates our Herrera, Otamendi, Pedro deals, accuses us of unsettling Ramos, then says our club is run by incompetent people

top guy! must have a pint sometime :D

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Good point.

But you have to admit, Perez is making a right prick of himself here. It's amusing!
He's an absolute tit, altough I believe most of the things he came out with. Just wish he didn't publicly speak of any of your past transfers, that is such a classless thing to do.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
He's an absolute tit, altough I believe most of the things he came out with. Just wish he didn't publicly speak of any of your past transfers, that is such a classless thing to do.
You believe him here? He's basically behaving like any liar who has messed up has, as I said in the other thread. It's very basic behaviour actually.

That's not to say united are brilliant at transfers and didn't make basic mistakes, it's pretty clear we aren't great, but in cases like this you look at those who are the aggressor and those who have nothing to hide so sit back. Perez has given it away here, he's agitated and throwing all sorts of unrelated digs out because that's his defence mechanism. United's responses are those of a side who has nothing to defend so easily brushes it off.

Sure we may not have wanted De Gea to leave and sure we might have delayed, but it does seem like Perez is desperately trying to cover Madrid's feck up here of not getting their man. After all, in his own words, you've had a year. Madrid tried to play silly buggers late on, they failed. Take it on the chin and stop making an obvious prick of yourself is my advice to Perez!

caid

Kind of think its a pity we didn't keep the statement a bit shorter.
"The facts speak for themselves. The FA are prepared to back our case that documents were in on time."

Leave it at that, the other parts are kind of funny but kind of childish too.

K2K

Kind of think its a pity we didn't keep the statement a bit shorter.
"The facts speak for themselves. The FA are prepared to back our case that documents were in on time."

Leave it at that, the other parts are kind of funny but kind of childish too.
Nah, every word was sent out with porpose and they got the message loud and clear..its not like we are afraid to play dirty in the transfer market either, this was one case where it was evident we were briefing some details in order to get our way.

Playing nice over the years has led to Madrid treating us like their toy, and I'm sure that has not gone down well with the United hierarchy. Its not like we are the one doing late night radio interviews either.

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
REAL MADRID AND MANCHESTER UNITED'S 10 POINTS ON DE GEA
REAL MADRID: Manchester United did not agree to open any negotiations over the federative rights of David de Gea until Monday morning.

MANCHESTER UNITED: Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club's preference was not to sell.

REAL MADRID: Real Madrid, despite the difficulties entailed in carrying out a deal of these characteristics on the final day of registration, agreed to initiate these talks.

MANCHESTER UNITED: No offer was received for David until Monday.

REAL MADRID: When Manchester United agreed to negotiate on Monday morning, they made it subject to reaching an agreement with Real Madrid's Keylor Navas for the player to join the British club from this season, and stated that it was in contact with the aforementioned player's representatives.

MANCHESTER UNITED: At lunchtime Monday, Real Madrid made its first offer to buy David. A deal was agreed between the clubs, which included Navas being transferred to Old Trafford. The deals were dependent on each other.

REAL MADRID: Real Madrid and Manchester United quickly reached an agreement for the transfers of both players. Following the drawing up of the relevant contractual documentation required, and with the purpose of proceeding with enough time to process both FIFA's Transfer Matching System (TMS) and the registration with the Liga de Fútbol Profesional, Real Madrid sent Manchester United the contracts at 13.39 Spanish time.

MANCHESTER UNITED: In the last several hours of the process, with Navas at the Real Madrid training ground, Real Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of David, Navas and Real Madrid. Manchester United was in control only of the documentation of Manchester United.

REAL MADRID: Manchester United sent their remarks regarding the aforementioned contracts eight hours later, at 21.43 Spanish time, including minor modifications. As these modifications were not significant, they were all accepted immediately by Real Madrid, with the intention being able to register the player on time both via TMS and with the Liga de Futbol Profesional.

MANCHESTER UNITED: Manchester United sent transfer documents for both players to Real Madrid at 20:42 BST. David's documentation was returned by Real Madrid to Manchester United without the signatory page at 22:32 BST.

REAL MADRID: Real Madrid, having obtained the signatures of the players De Gea and Keylor Navas, sent the British club the aforementioned signed contracts at 23:32 Spanish time, before waiting to receive the final documents signed by Manchester United.

MANCHESTER UNITED: At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk.

REAL MADRID: Manchester United reached a final agreement with the representatives of Keylor Navas at 23:53 Spanish time, and it is at this point that the contracts were sent to the player to be signed.

MANCHESTER UNITED: Only at 22:55 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David's contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

REAL MADRID: Manchester United entered the details of the David de Gea deal, not those of Keylor Navas, at 00:00 Spanish time, simultaneously sending Real Madrid the signed transfer contracts. Real Madrid received this complete documentation at 00:02 and attempted to access TMS, but it was now closed.

MANCHESTER UNITED: At this point Navas' documentation was still not returned by Real Madrid.

REAL MADRID: At 00:26 Spanish time, FIFA's TMS invited Real Madrid to fill out the details of the player David de Gea, as the period of registration in England remains open until today. Real Madrid, in view of the possible eventuality of an administrative dispute over the player's transfer, decided to send the contracts to the Liga de Futbol Profesional, despite the knowledge that the deadline had passed.

MANCHESTER UNITED: At 22:58 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted – all before the deadline. It is our understanding that the deals couldn't happen because Real Madrid didn't upload David's documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did). Real Madrid didn't upload David's documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline.

REAL MADRID: In short, Real Madrid did everything necessary at all times to complete both transfers.

MANCHESTER UNITED: The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route. Manchester United acts appropriately and efficiently in its transfer dealings. The club is delighted that its fan-favourite double Player of the Year, David de Gea, remains a Manchester United player.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ing-facts-speak-themselves.html#ixzz3ko5EjDgS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
REAL MADRID AND MANCHESTER UNITED'S 10 POINTS ON DE GEA...
Not sure if that's been posted but it's the best summary of the events I've seen and what both sides are claiming.

I don't know what to say but it really sounds like we simply didn't want to sell, and if so it would be on our terms, so we left it until it was too late for Madrid to make any changes. But in the process everyone signed contracts including De Gea and assumed it was going through. But now it fell through and we are claiming how happy that he is staying at the club! I don't know about you but if I sign a multi-million dollar contract and it doesn't go through because of a technicality, I'd be pretty darn upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.