De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Any more tweets about him signing a new contract today?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah i think it might be a typo of some sort, as i would hope he isn't that much of an idiot. Still some strange comments though about United dealings and inexperience.

Knowing of players who didn't want to go to United because of this inexperience, and name dropping players like Otamendi as proof when as far as is known we never had any real interest in the player.
He has to blame some
REAL MADRID AND MANCHESTER UNITED'S 10 POINTS ON DE GEA
REAL MADRID: Manchester United did not agree to open any negotiations over the federative rights of David de Gea until Monday morning.

MANCHESTER UNITED: Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club's preference was not to sell.

REAL MADRID: Real Madrid, despite the difficulties entailed in carrying out a deal of these characteristics on the final day of registration, agreed to initiate these talks.

MANCHESTER UNITED: No offer was received for David until Monday.

REAL MADRID: When Manchester United agreed to negotiate on Monday morning, they made it subject to reaching an agreement with Real Madrid's Keylor Navas for the player to join the British club from this season, and stated that it was in contact with the aforementioned player's representatives.

MANCHESTER UNITED: At lunchtime Monday, Real Madrid made its first offer to buy David. A deal was agreed between the clubs, which included Navas being transferred to Old Trafford. The deals were dependent on each other.

REAL MADRID: Real Madrid and Manchester United quickly reached an agreement for the transfers of both players. Following the drawing up of the relevant contractual documentation required, and with the purpose of proceeding with enough time to process both FIFA's Transfer Matching System (TMS) and the registration with the Liga de Fútbol Profesional, Real Madrid sent Manchester United the contracts at 13.39 Spanish time.

MANCHESTER UNITED: In the last several hours of the process, with Navas at the Real Madrid training ground, Real Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of David, Navas and Real Madrid. Manchester United was in control only of the documentation of Manchester United.

REAL MADRID: Manchester United sent their remarks regarding the aforementioned contracts eight hours later, at 21.43 Spanish time, including minor modifications. As these modifications were not significant, they were all accepted immediately by Real Madrid, with the intention being able to register the player on time both via TMS and with the Liga de Futbol Profesional.

MANCHESTER UNITED: Manchester United sent transfer documents for both players to Real Madrid at 20:42 BST. David's documentation was returned by Real Madrid to Manchester United without the signatory page at 22:32 BST.

REAL MADRID: Real Madrid, having obtained the signatures of the players De Gea and Keylor Navas, sent the British club the aforementioned signed contracts at 23:32 Spanish time, before waiting to receive the final documents signed by Manchester United.

MANCHESTER UNITED: At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk.

REAL MADRID: Manchester United reached a final agreement with the representatives of Keylor Navas at 23:53 Spanish time, and it is at this point that the contracts were sent to the player to be signed.

MANCHESTER UNITED: Only at 22:55 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David's contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

REAL MADRID: Manchester United entered the details of the David de Gea deal, not those of Keylor Navas, at 00:00 Spanish time, simultaneously sending Real Madrid the signed transfer contracts. Real Madrid received this complete documentation at 00:02 and attempted to access TMS, but it was now closed.

MANCHESTER UNITED: At this point Navas' documentation was still not returned by Real Madrid.

REAL MADRID: At 00:26 Spanish time, FIFA's TMS invited Real Madrid to fill out the details of the player David de Gea, as the period of registration in England remains open until today. Real Madrid, in view of the possible eventuality of an administrative dispute over the player's transfer, decided to send the contracts to the Liga de Futbol Profesional, despite the knowledge that the deadline had passed.

MANCHESTER UNITED: At 22:58 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted – all before the deadline. It is our understanding that the deals couldn't happen because Real Madrid didn't upload David's documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did). Real Madrid didn't upload David's documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline.

REAL MADRID: In short, Real Madrid did everything necessary at all times to complete both transfers.

MANCHESTER UNITED: The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route. Manchester United acts appropriately and efficiently in its transfer dealings. The club is delighted that its fan-favourite double Player of the Year, David de Gea, remains a Manchester United player.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ing-facts-speak-themselves.html#ixzz3ko5EjDgS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
United sent Keylor contract with modifications at 21:43. Madrid studied the changes and sent it back to United at 23:32, "At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk.", what major changes? I guess that Navas agent did those major changes. I don´t understand this either : "Only at 22:55 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David's contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.", was not De Gea contract signed and sent 13:39?, if that is true, then United sent back the documents a couple of minutes before midnight. "We all like to blame others but if you let one slip through your fingers into the back of the net, then ultimately the culpability is yours." . I send you the documents after beating around the bush all the day with 5 minutes left but you are the clumsy :rolleyes: . I wonder what Madrid did from 21:43 to 23:32, why they needed 2 hours to give the contract back. I still can´t believe the delay version, something else had to happen

SalfordRed1960

Not sure if that's been posted but it's the best summary of the events I've seen and what both sides are claiming.

I don't know what to say but it really sounds like we simply didn't want to sell, and if so it would be on our terms, so we left it until it was too late for Madrid to make any changes. But in the process everyone signed contracts including De Gea and assumed it was going through. But now it fell through and we are claiming how happy that he is staying at the club! I don't know about you but if I sign a multi-million dollar contract and it doesn't go through because of a technicality, I'd be pretty darn upset.
Alternatively United were in a win-win, the deal going through meant they lost a WC GK for close to their evaluation, but also got a good GK, on the other hand the deal not going through meant they keep a WC GK for 1 more year losing him then for free.

Letting your WC GK know you are glad he is still a United player is not a bad move. Still of the opinion Perez did not have sufficient support for the deal this year for that amount of money. In addition the changes for Navas contract were probably RM induced.

Kounan

He has to blame some

United sent Keylor contract with modifications at 21:43. Madrid studied the changes and sent it back to United at 23:32, "At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk.", what major changes? I guess that Navas agent did those major changes. I don´t understand this either : "Only at 22:55 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David's contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.", was not De Gea contract signed and sent 13:39?, if that is true, then United sent back the documents a couple of minutes before midnight. "We all like to blame others but if you let one slip through your fingers into the back of the net, then ultimately the culpability is yours." . I send you the documents after beating around the bush all the day with 5 minutes left but you are the clumsy :rolleyes: . I wonder what Madrid did from 21:43 to 23:32, why they needed 2 hours to give the contract back. I still can´t believe the delay version, something else had to happen
at 22.32 but without the signature page. Maybe that has do to with something?

Now, when Perez is complaining about United not having experience in this situations it could be that he is upset that United took time with the changes Navas (his agent) made to his contract instead of just accepting it. United maybe have held de Gea's documents for a long time but is was still sent back early enough to make this deal happen with ease. As you have asked, why did it take Real to 2 hours to send it back if they have accepted it straight away.

What I don't understand. United is saying that they have uploaded everything in time, but it was only 2 minutes before the deadline, so even if true it's not really on time as it leaves you almost no time to react. But clubs must be ready for that, so why did Real wait for United to send it back without preparing everything (you know, putting everything in end then just press "enter" when everything is ready). It's not the first time that deals are done this way so there must be a way.

And one interesting thing, Real is saying United sent documents back at 21.43, while United is saying 21.42, so the is one minute difference. United is saying that they have sent the final documents at 23.58, while Real is saying 00.00. It's only few minutes, but it made the difference.

The one thing that makes me think that Real did something wrong is the reaction Perez is having. Mentioning former transfers, transfers were we didn't even sent the offer, and supposedly some players told him they don't want to go to United because they lack experience it's not only unprofessional and childish, but it also makes him look like someone who wants to put the blame on someone else, so he is doing everything he can to achieve that.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I wish both clubs would stop embarrassing themselves any further. It's cringeworthy enough as it is. This isn't how big clubs should conduct themselves.
Yeah, but your club started it with the statement and then Perez. United are just following suit:D

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
It will be interesting to see how DDG reacts, clearly he was told by RM he was wanted, valued etc, yet RM waited until final day to make a bid. He's a young man, I hope over time he has the sense to see this for what it is, even if he does, he'll still probably conclude no point in signing a new contract and risk another debacle.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
But clubs must be ready for that, so why did Real wait for United to send it back without preparing everything (you know, putting everything in end then just press "enter" when everything is ready).
Real didn't have to wait for United to put their stuff in the TMS(or whatever it's called), they could have done so at any point everything on their end was ready and the transfer would have been finalized the moment Man Utd uploaded their end.

Sounds like Perez was afraid Man Utd would double cross him by not uploading on time, and was unsure if Navas' transfer would go through anyway as our window was still open, leaving them with only Kiko Casilla as a first team keeper. Afraid of dirty tactics(expecting this kind of action says a lot about how his mind works), he ended up dicking himself, Madrid, De Gea and Navas over.

Kounan

Real didn't have to wait for United to put their stuff in the TMS(or whatever it's called), they could have done so at any point everything on their end was ready and the transfer would have been finalized the moment Man Utd uploaded their end.

Sounds like Perez was afraid Man Utd would double cross him by not uploading on time, and was unsure if Navas' transfer would go through anyway as our window was still open, leaving them with only Kiko Casilla as a first team keeper. Afraid of dirty tactics(expecting this kind of action says a lot about how his mind works), he ended up dicking himself, Madrid, De Gea and Navas over.
OK, if that's true (something new I have learned, thx :) ), then it's quite clear who made the mistake.

The only thing is that I don't think that Perez was afraid that United would double cross him because United said that the deals depended on each other.

brian017

Oh shut up you fool. You had 3 months to make his dream come true but you thought you could lowball United so f**k right off. And btw, his dream isn't ruined, he can join next year if he so wishes so stop mouthing off and get back to managing your comedy club

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
OK, if that's true (something new I have learned, thx :) ), then it's quite clear who made the mistake.

The only thing is that I don't think that Perez was afraid that United would double cross him because United said that the deals depended on each other.
That's what I've read about how that transfer system works anyway.

The deals, if linked did depend on each other to go through, but it seems Perez didn't want to take the chance(they might have said that in their 10 point statement).

Jerch

He has to blame some

Yes something happened. Real changed their mind and did all that the deal didn't come through. The most important part is:

MANCHESTER UNITED: At 22:58 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted – all before the deadline. It is our understanding that the deals couldn't happen because Real Madrid didn't upload David's documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did). Real Madrid didn't upload David's documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline."

At this stage Real and United had all the documents, the documents which United send back to Real were not vital because we uploaded them on TMS already. We uploaded our part of the documents and Real should do the same with their documents. As much i understand about the trasfers - Real didn't uploaded their documents in time. And this happened before with Coentrao.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Real's complaints don't make sense. Only one club entered the transfer into TMS, only one club made their Football Association aware that a transfer was taking place. We have now learnt Real Madrid didn't even need us to send any documents over in order to enter De Gea's details into TMS. According to Ballague, Real had been briefing to the press as early as the afternoon that they didn't think the transfer would go through, why? They complain that we took time over Navas' contract when they took no time over Dave's. Hold on, Real Madrid have had a year to sort out De Gea's contract. He admits they have been tapping him up. I hope our statements on this issue has ended. Real Madrid can go on whining all they want, we don't have to engage in this nonsense any longer.

Tompo

"MANCHESTER UNITED: At this point Navas' documentation was still not returned by Real Madrid"

Was the Navas transfer ever going to go through, did we ever get his documentation?

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I wish both clubs would stop embarrassing themselves any further. It's cringeworthy enough as it is. This isn't how big clubs should conduct themselves.
Without wanting to turn this into "yeah, but you're worse!"-playground-kind-of-thing, Madrid is honestly embarrassing themselves more in this case. First the club issues a statement pointing fingers at United and then Perez goes on air to do the same thing. United only issued a statement saying what they did and what Madrid didn't do (factual shit for the most part - i.e. didn't put the documents into the thingamabob). Now, I don't really think that either club is telling the full story, but - like I said before - based on Perez insistence of trying to blame this on us and the outright bizarre claims he's made (i.e. United fecked up the Coentrao transfer), I'm pretty certain that Madrid are not without blame at the very least. Could United have done some bits quicker (this seems to be Perez' main issue)? Perhaps, but did we need to? The right documents were seemingly ready on time, and it was Madrid's own decision to wait until the last day of the window to make a bid (no, I don't buy the "United told us he wasn't for sale" nonsense).

But yeah, overall I agree - this follow-up poop-flinging isn't really doing anyone any favours. Like I said right after Madrid released their initial statement I'd quite like to have United simply say "We put in the right documents in time. Good night!", but I can understand the need to defend themselves as claims like Madrid made can easily be accepted as the truth by the general public if it isn't contested.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
United is saying that they have uploaded everything in time, but it was only 2 minutes before the deadline
This is the thing most posters are happy to overlook. How can we receive all the nessecary documents 2 minutes before the deadline and still have enough time to send everything to the lfp?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is the thing most posters are happy to overlook. How can we receive all the nessecary documents 2 minutes before the deadline and still have enough time to send everything to the lfp?
It's not just about sending to lfp though, the problem is that you made no attempt to do it either. Real could have at least tried to talk to lfp and convince them for a bit of extra time, if they had done that then irrespective of lfp's decision you would have looked good. The fact that Real basically said feck it we can't do this is not really going with your version of we did everything we could.

MJJ

According to sid Lowe you didn't need the documents sent by us. It's a simultaneous process where you upload papers on your end and we do the same. If both these paper match then the transfer goes through.

Drainy

Maybe United's naivety was not in having an agreement with Navas in place beforehand?

There were reports on the day that it took time to convince him and agree a contract, we should have tapped him up like Real did with de Gea, but then I guess Madrid didn't tell him he was off until the day so it would have taken some convincing.

R'hllor

:lol: Yea thats it.

OneUnited24

Madrid could have uploaded what they could onto TMS without any input from United. In Sid Lowes podcast he mentions the TMS system was created so both parties could input data independent of each other and the system would marry them up.

Problem here was Madrid didn't do that for some reason. I admit the time frame was tight (they shouldn't have bid at the last min) but had they done what they could on TMS I'm sure the Spanish league and fifa would have been a bit more symathic. Madrid could have also spoken to the league and sent them an agreement in principle letter of the deal to the league once the bid had been accepted to buy more time. But if anything they showed their nativity....

This whole thing stinks of a president who screwed up and wants to blame another club while continuing to unsettle the player more. Poor form

Last edited:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Well the Caf is certainly up to speed on the niceties/nuts and bolts of transfers these days. Was away for a while, and some good posts; Madrid/Perez definitely the baddies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
LFP is very strict about the deadline.It would create an exception and they can't afford that,especially if they benefit Madrid.Even Tebas,the president said 3 days ago: "there is not a De Gea subject,Madrid knows the rules".LFP don't care about TMS,of course Madrid could have uploaded the documents some hours before but both transfer were related.If the situation was the opposite you would be blaming Madrid for sending the documents 2 minutes before the deadline instead talking about the TMS,a system that I doubt any of us know 100% how works.Anyway I guess that United fans can be happy either way.If it was United fault is good because you annoyed Madrid and in the other version Madrid is a clumsy club :D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Maybe don't delay the transfer to the last moment in the first place of you actually want the player?

Madrid should have paid up a long time ago instead of trying to low-ball United.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Transfers get completed at the (literally) last minute via TMS all the time, the idea is that we upload our docs and you upload yours, and they're matched (hence the name) and finalised.

Saying 'oh you left it til 2 minutes before the deadline how are we mean to be be able to do our bit' is nonsense, you don't wait for the other side to upload before sorting yours.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Transfers get completed at the (literally) last minute via TMS all the time, the idea is that we upload our docs and you upload yours, and they're matched (hence the name) and finalised.

Saying 'oh you left it til 2 minutes before the deadline how are we mean to be be able to do our bit' is nonsense, you don't wait for the other side to upload before sorting yours.
Problem is both deals were dependant of eachother and the DDG deal couldn't be finalised until Navas' deal was sorted, so there was no point.

Or something.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
LFP is very strict about the deadline.It would create an exception and they can't afford that,especially if they benefit Madrid.Even Tebas,the president said 3 days ago: "there is not a De Gea subject,Madrid knows the rules".LFP don't care about TMS,of course Madrid could have uploaded the documents some hours before but both transfer were related.If the situation was the opposite you would be blaming Madrid for sending the documents 2 minutes before the deadline instead talking about the TMS,a system that I doubt any of us know 100% how works.Anyway I guess that United fans can be happy either way.If it was United fault is good because you annoyed Madrid and in the other version Madrid is a clumsy club :D
You say LFP don't care about TMS as though they are somehow independent of that process; they access the relevant documents from that same system.

If Madrid has also uploaded their documents at 22:58 (like they were meant to) the LFP would be aware via TMS that the transfer was complete and that would have been that.

There's people talking as though the TMS process is one thing and that Madrid would have then separately have had to fax LFP or something, which isn't how it works.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Problem is both deals were dependant of eachother and the DDG deal couldn't be finalised until Navas' deal was sorted, so there was no point.

Or something.
But they were both sorted.

Late in the day, granted, but still in time for it to happen.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Real's complaints don't make sense. Only one club entered the transfer into TMS, only one club made their Football Association aware that a transfer was taking place. We have now learnt Real Madrid didn't even need us to send any documents over in order to enter De Gea's details into TMS. According to Ballague, Real had been briefing to the press as early as the afternoon that they didn't think the transfer would go through, why? They complain that we took time over Navas' contract when they took no time over Dave's. Hold on, Real Madrid have had a year to sort out De Gea's contract. He admits they have been tapping him up. I hope our statements on this issue has ended. Real Madrid can go on whining all they want, we don't have to engage in this nonsense any longer.
Good post. Ignore the cnuts I say.

Jerch

Or something.
You are wrong we had still 19h to sort out Navas deal. The deal with Navas had to be sorted only in principle to make sure that he wouldn't have some stupid wishes about the salary, bonuses etc.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
You say LFP don't care about TMS as though they are somehow independent of that process; they access the relevant documents from that same system.

If Madrid has also uploaded their documents at 22:58 (like they were meant to) the LFP would be aware via TMS that the transfer was complete and that would have been that.

There's people talking as though the TMS process is one thing and that Madrid would have then separately have had to fax LFP or something, which isn't how it works.
In that case then maybe Madrid didn't want the transfer and was all a performance,although a bit masochistic

buckooo1978

Rumour on Football Weekly that Madrid simply didn't have the money - not sure if I believe that

Sid Lowe did point out that their big purchases of late have been funded by big sales too

MDFC Manager

In that case then maybe Madrid didn't want the transfer and was all a performance,although a bit masochistic
This is possible. But it doesn't explain the need to put out public statements/justifications/mud slinging.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
feck knows what the motivation was, but there's no doubt that it not happening came down to Madrid.

Rumour on Football Weekly that Madrid simply didn't have the money - not sure if I believe that

Sid Lowe did point out that their big purchases of late have been funded by big sales too
It wasn't a big fee when you factor in Navas, though.

There was also speculation that the fans reactions to selling Navas had something to do with it, not sure I buy that though.

Jerch

In my opinion Mendez pressed Perez to make a move and Real did but they changed their mind during negotations for some reason and did everything that a transfer will not go through.

buckooo1978

feck knows what the motivation was, but there's no doubt that it not happening came down to Madrid.

It wasn't a big fee when you factor in Navas, though.

There was also speculation that the fans reactions to selling Navas had something to do with it, not sure I buy that though.
me either to be honest.....would be lovely to see a cash sticken Madrid for a few years though.....Perez stands for next election and promises the fans he will capture the signature of Lazar Markovic

Status
Not open for further replies.